Damn: The FBI has arrested D.C. Council member Trayon White Sr., according to the council’s president & two other people familiar with the matter.

CPT Callamity

Titty Feelin Villain
BGOL Investor
Still waiting to hear what the charges are. All I know about is the campaign financing he got in trouble for. What else is there?

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

WASHINGTON – Trayon White Sr., the D.C. Councilmember representing Ward 8, was arrested yesterday on a criminal complaint charging him with bribery. White, 40, is Chair of the Council’s Committee on Recreation, Libraries and Youth Affairs, which oversees several agencies including the D.C. Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services (DYRS).
The complaint alleges that, beginning in June 2024, White corruptly agreed to accept $156,000 in cash payments in exchange for using his position as a D.C. Councilmember to pressure government employees at Office of Neighborhood Safety and Engagement (ONSE) and DYRS to extend several D.C. contracts. The contracts at issue were valued at $5.2 million and were for two companies to provide Violence Intervention services in D.C. As alleged, the $156,000 White agreed to accept in exchange for using his official position to pressure renewal of those contracts to particular companies was three percent of the total contract value. According to the complaint, White’s agreement with a confidential human source (the owner of the companies) – including the source’s payments to White of $35,000 in cash on four separate occasions (June 26, July 17, July 25, and August 9, 2024) and the source showing White a document reflecting how White’s three-percent cut was calculated based on those contracts – was captured on video.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's DC. Everything is federal. Even the "city" employees are federal employees because it's a special district. If something is too big for the local cops it goes to FBI because the police don't have a city or state level major crimes bureau.
Yeah I know this.

Just like I’m serving an eviction to a tenant right now and unlike in other cities where the sheriff would kick them out, the US Marshall’s handle that.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Got the young brother dead to rights. Gotta be more careful and move more cautiously when conducting that kind of business. Hes young enough to recover from this. Wish the best for him.
Yup. Yeah I think he can recover too, but will he be able to claim that seat in Ward 8? I remeber when he last ran I was laughing because who would run against him in Ward 8? Dude had that area on locked down, but you have to wonder with this incident are we seeing certain powers wanting to get that area and fully change it over?

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yup. Yeah I think he can recover too, but will he be able to claim that seat in Ward 8?
Thats more than likely out of the question. A bribery conviction will almost assuredly come with restrictions for holding public office again. And of course other powers are at play... but he sure made it easy for them. And also made it harder for those like him to gain office going forward in a continually changing demographic and city.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thats more than likely out of the question. A bribery conviction will almost assuredly come with restrictions for holding public office again. And of course other powers are at play... but he sure made it easy for them. And also made it harder for those like him to gain office going forward in a continually changing demographic and city.
Very true.

Damn

havelcok

Rising Star
Platinum Member
People go to jail for a whole hell of a lot less

yes
but these dudes can literally finish their political careers
go into private business and earn lots more

Nagin got sentenced to 10 years for 500k.

After all he did in New Orleans, dude could have made that in a year or two in the private world

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member