Damn Why has Obesity rate in US Increased 1985 - 2021 in a Ridiculously High Rate

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Low wages and easily accessible bad food. You can enjoy the foods of your heritage, but you don't need to eat gumbo and tiramisu every day. It's expensive to eat right, especially when people are used to eating a quantity of food, not necessarily a quality of food.

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
When the masses are being sold on the idea that there are no consequences or accountability for poor decisions and we should give in to our cravings, well what do you expect?
This doesn't help. Dominos spent a quarter billion?! Seriously? I'm so spoiled living in Philly and I have amazing mom and pop options, but I guess if you're in Des Moines, chain pizza is all you got.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
This doesn't help. Dominos spent a quarter billion?! Seriously? I'm so spoiled living in Philly and I have amazing mom and pop options, but I guess if you're in Des Moines, chain pizza is all you got.
Close, but I am more about home cooking, moderation, and actual exercise.

PlayerR

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Low wages and easily accessible bad food. You can enjoy the foods of your heritage, but you don't need to eat gumbo and tiramisu every day. It's expensive to eat right, especially when people are used to eating a quantity of food, not necessarily a quality of food.

A lot of food in general is worse & heavily processed or genetically modified.

Not to mention the push in acceptance of obese women as being "thick"

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Close, but I am more about home cooking, moderation, and actual exercise.
I'm got some chicken, vegetables, and rice. My advice to everyone is to drop the dough and get an air fryer. Easy as shit, quick as shit, and you're not standing over a hot stove frying shit. The gym thing is back in motion. I had some problems earlier this year when I had some gastrointestinal issues that required me to take some meds that prevented me from working out. The last two weeks have been great. Working out, eating clean, chilling out on drinking during the week, and doing a lot of writing. The hardest thing is typically the eating, but for me it's the drinking.

DragonXJC

I joke and I know things
BGOL Investor
Processed everything is the Western way
00175392.jpg

DragonXJC

I joke and I know things
BGOL Investor
What A Week Of Groceries Looks Like Around The World

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Food pyramid, hormones and chemicals in the food, marketing, more video games/less outdoor play, sedentary lifestyle, driving vs walking, insulin resistance, food deserts, unaddressed stress and mental issues that lead to over eating, no home ec in schools, reliance upon convenience foods due to working multiple jobs or having to have something quick kids can fix themselves. It's not just one thing, it's multiple things that have been a lifestyle and societal shift.

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
WHY??? Simple. People have been unnecessarily been shoveling mass quantities of sugar laden, fat infused junk food in their mouths and exercising seldom if ever. :hmm:

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

One of the best documentaries I’ve ever seen on this.
Is social inequalities making us sick

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor
A lot of food in general is worse & heavily processed or genetically modified.

Not to mention the push in acceptance of obese women as being "thick"
Processed everything is the Western way
00175392.jpg
I remember we only ate fast food on Friday or Saturday but, we burnt that off playing outside, riding bikes or skateboards or just plain old walking everywhere. Some people eat fast food all week long and buy cheap and quick to make processed foods and the kids and adults sit in front of gaming systems or other tech devices all day long.

Da Backshot Champ

Rising Star
Registered
The problem is the going out of style of laxatives. Many of these fat motherfuckers out here aint fat, they are just full of compacted shit. They literally have 25-30 pounds of moistureless crusted up fecal matter clogging up their intestines poisoning their bloodstreams.

Get a colonic, Metamucil, or big box of Ex-Lax and get yourself right for the new year.

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor
Food pyramid, hormones and chemicals in the food, marketing, more video games/less outdoor play, sedentary lifestyle, driving vs walking, insulin resistance, food deserts, unaddressed stress and mental issues that lead to over eating, no home ec in schools, reliance upon convenience foods due to working multiple jobs or having to have something quick kids can fix themselves. It's not just one thing, it's multiple things that have been a lifestyle and societal shift.

Didn't you say on more than one e occasion that you are fat?

Politic Negro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I remember in the mid nineties when Wendy's introduced the Biggie size. According to that data map these definitely a correlation as others fast food companies followed suit.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member

I’ve lost over 20 pounds since April while training for this half marathon. I have somewhat changed my diet as well and really just eating one meal a day instead of snacking on and all day long.

Well, like I told my mother yesterday, the only reason I am able to train for the half marathon is because I work remotely and my work schedule is very flexible. I only have to report to my 2nd job 3 days a week for about 4 hours.

There are so many factors that have led to American obesity, but that work/life/health balance is a beast to overcome when you have to work 40 plus hours a week.

But when I see young kids no older than 2 or 3 years old swollen, I just wonder how that happens. I got family members with children this way and it’s sad to see a 5/6 year old over 100 pounds.

Last edited:

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I’ve lost over 20 pounds since April while training for this half marathon. I have somewhat changed my diet as well and really just eating one meal a day instead of snacking on and all day long.

Well, like I told my mother yesterday, the only reason I am able to train for the half marathon is because I work remotely and my work schedule is very flexible. I only have to report to my 2nd job 3 days a week for about 4 hours.

There are so many factors that have lead to American obesity, but that work/life/health balance is a beats to overcome when you have to work 40 plus hours a week.

But when I see young kids no over than 2 or 3 years old swollen, I just wonder how that happens. I got family members with children this way and it’s sad to see a 5/6 year old over 100 pounds.

Yeah man kids are now getting Adult Diabetes
(type 2 diabetes) at early ages...It is very sad....

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The problem is the going out of style of laxatives. Many of these fat motherfuckers out here aint fat, they are just full of compacted shit. They literally have 25-30 pounds of moistureless crusted up fecal matter clogging up their intestines poisoning their bloodstreams.

Get a colonic, Metamucil, or big box of Ex-Lax and get yourself right for the new year.

I'm actually getting back to fasting on Mondays.

Give your system a rest from intake of heavy foods. And time to process what's already inside.

If you stop eating and just live off liquids, broth, maybe oatmeal, you'll be surprised how many times you hit the restroom for number 2.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Food deserts is a major reason. People not exercising. Shit is sad.

A lot of folk have given up hope of a better life and that's reflected when they let go of their appearance.

The body is a mirror into the mindstate.

The only thing that brings them joy and is always there to make them feel better is...food.

Drug of choice