Damn Why has Obesity rate in US Increased 1985 - 2021 in a Ridiculously High Rate

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Interesting how it’s always Mississippi and West Virginia leading the way. Also interesting how they are both impoverished failed states.

Definite connection between finance and health.

kain

Professional Bastard Bum
Platinum Member
Anytime my friends and family celebrate, its always around lots of food

kirkout

DCPG
Registered
Folks don’t understand how much activity people use to get from walking to the store or walking to the bus stop. Add-on a McDonald’s on every corner and food portions getting way out of control and voila!

How many people gained a lot of weight during the pandemic working remote. All those walks to get something to eat for lunch and walking back and forth to your car add up. The human body isn’t meant to be so sedentary. Some folks got the memo and started walking daily.

Another thing, working remote isn’t meant for you to sleep in and just be lazy. It’s meant to increase your quality of life. The time you normally spend commuting should be spent working-out and preparing meals at home for you or your family. If you don’t you will be in worse shape than just going ahead and commuting to an office. Work/life balance. That’s all.

DragonXJC

I joke and I know things
BGOL Investor
Before we as a people had free and convenient access to alternative information we were "programmed" by TV and radio.

Cartoons and kid shows were created to to sell product, period.

Mom cooked delicious food but she didn't have Nestle's marketing budget and food scientist gunning for our impressionable brains.

Colorful cereals full of sugar with free toys inside marketed to children and parents as a balanced breakfast. That shit was dessert.
"Energizing healthy" Sunny Delight (canola oil juice wtf?!) or any fruit juice in a carton was straight up sugar.
Pop Tarts (processed wheat with HFCS BS), Toaster Struedels if you were fancy.
Begging our parents to buy us McDonalds on the way home, take us to Pizza Hut anything but delicious nutritious "food at home."

Develop the addicts early and you'll have them for life. :smh:

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Do we blame the people who build gay bars for a buck, for the gay people who choose to go to them? :idea:
Naw ultimately people are to blame for their own decisions, but fast food restaurants made it so convenient for people to get food for cheap, and they put one of these restaurants at every street corner. So if you look at the reason it is cheap convenient food. :dunno:

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Naw ultimately people are to blame for their own decisions, but fast food restaurants made it so convenient for people to get food for cheap, and they put one of these restaurants at every street corner. So if you look at the reason it is cheap convenient food. :dunno:
As long as there are people willing to shell out money for bad food sellers will find ways to capitalize on it.

djpolo

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I'm got some chicken, vegetables, and rice. My advice to everyone is to drop the dough and get an air fryer. Easy as shit, quick as shit, and you're not standing over a hot stove frying shit. The gym thing is back in motion. I had some problems earlier this year when I had some gastrointestinal issues that required me to take some meds that prevented me from working out. The last two weeks have been great. Working out, eating clean, chilling out on drinking during the week, and doing a lot of writing. The hardest thing is typically the eating, but for me it's the drinking.

What kind of rice do you eat?

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Low wages and easily accessible bad food. You can enjoy the foods of your heritage, but you don't need to eat gumbo and tiramisu every day. It's expensive to eat right, especially when people are used to eating a quantity of food, not necessarily a quality of food.

not really expensive.... smoked meat and vegetables every night... brah

bham_brotha

Rising Star
Registered
Well, maybe people are broke and forced to eat bullshit. Can't go to whole foods without bread. You can go to Wayfield or Piggly Wiggly or some other bullshit though. Eating healthy in the US is not cheap.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
I think a lot of it has to do with how our neighborhoods are designed.

When people live in homes where all of their daily needs are within five blocks they tend to walk a lot more. If there's a convenient bus or train to work they might not even need to own a car.

However, when those same people get their first car and a home in the suburbs the weight piles on very quick. Within 6 months a lot of these folks don't even look like they're the same species anymore.

dHustla

Rising Star
Registered
Food pyramid, hormones and chemicals in the food, marketing, more video games/less outdoor play, sedentary lifestyle, driving vs walking, insulin resistance, food deserts, unaddressed stress and mental issues that lead to over eating, no home ec in schools, reliance upon convenience foods due to working multiple jobs or having to have something quick kids can fix themselves. It's not just one thing, it's multiple things that have been a lifestyle and societal shift.
You just got all the answers, what?
I'ma send Sway to you

neptunes007

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ppl just don’t care. We live in the most liberated and one of the richest lands where you can die from over consumption of eating. It’s not expensive to eat healthy. You can get the same fruits, vegetables, grain, nuts, and meats at a farmers market at Wal-Mart, Piggly Wiggly, Big Bear, Krogers, etc. Ppl are just too lazy to take the time to pay attention to what they are eating, and by the time they do pay attention it’s too late.

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm an individual with pretty good memory, and one thing I remember is people not being so fatty when I was young.

People out here are either swollen or carrying more fat than their body should have.
We were outside from early in the morning until it was time to come home. Football, basketball, baseball, manhunt, bike riding...all exercise, all day long.

Thegooch

The Devil killed Heist & giggled about it @ brunch
Registered
Work yall fat asses out or die. Excuses don't make muscles.

Its a scientific fact being fat can make you lazy and stupid.

If you like life past 70 you keep yourself in shape. If you wanna die by 65, fuck it super size that shit and get the appie pie with the ice cream on top.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
These people are spiritually dying as well. That’s why fasting is important and will give you clarity on what’s going on around you.

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
Multiple issues these days.

Also our forebears were not fat AF a generation ago. Check the family photo albums.

Moving Target

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
2 words = CORN SYRUP as in high fructose corn syrup sweetner.....they put that shot in everything from drinks to foods to fast foods for sweetners.

big enos burrnet

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
seen an old chic i know use to be nice solid thick...boiiii this bitch got big..gutt all hanging down and the trash can in her kitchen was over
filling with ramen noodle bowls and kfc boxes...damm shame she use to be nice, built like a solid LA LA anthony... :smh: :smh:

big enos burrnet

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

one thing i noticed is when im at the airport and watching the incoming flights..them heartland flight be having some fatt azz white folks
getting off..especially them fatt maga karens with them pudgy swollen calves and them nasty speed bag arms..and they husbans stomachs
be so big they shirts can bearly fit over it...

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Why is it only Black women seem to be getting fatter and not Black men?

The article I posted today on stress said women tend to turn to food while men turn to alcohol or drugs, but I posted it for the info it contained about stress and insulin resistance and how cortisol plays a role.