DEAR WHITE PEOPLE - New black comedy (Trailer & Discussion)

doe moe

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Re: DEAR WHITE PEOPLE - New black comedy (Trailer)

Clearly written for a predominantly white audience.

Lame attempt to sugar coat racism in this country. Making fun of black and white will not erase the bullshit people of color must deal with on a regular basis.

FUCK THIS BITCH ASS MOVIE!

:angry::angry::angry::angry:

Theo_Huxtable

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Well, you're late as fuck on this but a lot of black and white people won't "get this" movie but I will. Can't wait.​

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor

keep seeing the trailers...what's the ETA...looks good can't wait

*edit*

said it's been released since jan. 2014...must be a very limited showing

cacs have already rated this down on the strength of the title/commercials...def must see status :lol:

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor

I guess the bigger release date is 10/17

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor

Just found out this is playing out here. I haven't seen a stitch of advertisements for it, so I don't know how long it will be playing before they pull it. Can't wait to go see it this weekend.

Rocky Miavia

LORD OF THE BOARD
BGOL Investor

Lame attempt to sugar coat racism in this country. Making fun of black and white will not erase the bullshit people of color must deal with on a regular basis.

Stop talking shit unless you've seen the movie. Black people are so fucking fast to dismiss the efforts of other blacks.

NOW...here's the official word from RottenTomatoes (95%).
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/dear_white_people/?search=dear w
It will make some people squirm and might hurt some viewers' feelings, but will likely make them laugh along the way. One way or another, it's a film that will prompt plenty of conversation on the way home.

kefta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

clearly written for a predominantly white audience.

Fuck this bitch ass movie!

c/s!

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Go see it! Pub it on your media pages.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor

Anyone see it :dunno:

Just got back from seeing it. I had to travel like an hour to find a theater that was playing it. The movie was pretty funny and absolutely worth the drive. This should be on everyone on BGOL's must see list right now.

They even had some of the stars of the movie and some producers there doing a Q&A after the movie. I think I saw the kid who played young Chris Rock on 'Everybody Hates Chris' and some of the other costars. The main chick playing Samantha and President Palmer wasn't there so I skipped it.

I would highly recommend seeing this movie!

And the main girl playing Sam (Tessa Thompson) is fine as fuck :pain:
4186716_ori.jpg
TessaThompson.jpg

Word

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I saw it tonight as well its a good movie makes some great point about black life black interactions with white people. Theres also somethings in it I didnt like it would be interesting to hear white peoples take on it. The theatre i went to had a decent amount of people in it.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor

I saw it tonight as well its a good movie makes some great point about black life black interactions with white people. Theres also somethings in it I didnt like it would be interesting to hear white peoples take on it. The theatre i went to had a decent amount of people in it.

I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about and I don't even understand why that was needed. They didn't really resolve that subplot so they could have just as easily not even put it in.
Still a good movie though.

Rocky Miavia

LORD OF THE BOARD
BGOL Investor

Taking some fam out to this flick in 30 minutes. This is something we all need to support.
:cool::cool:

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I'm going next weekend. Support. This or more Black Jesus and Madea.

ClevelandDawg216

***TURBO CITY GLOBAL***
BGOL Investor

You were right.:smh:

The movie is nothing like what you thought it would be by the trailer. Bunch a weak sauce ass points all mashed together and the ending made me wanna yell "bullshit". Fuck this movie.

Rocky Miavia

LORD OF THE BOARD
BGOL Investor

The movie is nothing like what you thought it would be by the trailer. Bunch a weak sauce ass points all mashed together and the ending made me wanna yell "bullshit". Fuck this movie.
I disagree. Just came back from the movie.

If you're SMART enough to read between the lines and see the points being made and shown in this film it's great. Yes, they used satire in some instances (call it sugar-coating if you like). But the point remains that it was a brave step for these types of films that attempt to address racial issues. How, in your opinion, was this film any less effective in addressing racial issues than Spike Lee's acclaimed SCHOOL DAZE? I'll wait because I really want to know your stance on this.

The only thing I hated about this movie was the bi-racial, militant sista fucking with that white boy.

Or would ya'll prefer more Madea and drug life films?

This sista is fine!
181196174.jpg

Teyonah-Parris-In-Herv%C3%A9-L%C3%A9ger-by-Max-Azria-Vanity-Fair-and-Maybelline-Toast-To-Mad-Men.jpg

Last edited:

freshnclean

Rising Star
Registered

The fact that Lionsgate was behind the production/marketing of the movie says alot.

Who would actually expect the same company that released "Precious" to put out a black movie without a hidden agenda...

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I disagree. Just came back from the movie.

If you're SMART enough to read between the lines and see the points being made and shown in this film it's great. Yes, they used satire in some instances (call it sugar-coating if you like). But the point remains that it was a brave step for these types of films that attempt to address racial issues. How, in your opinion, was this film any less effective in addressing racial issues than Spike Lee's acclaimed SCHOOL DAZE? I'll wait because I really want to know your stance on this.

The only thing I hated about this movie was the bi-racial, militant sista fucking with that white boy.

Or would ya'll prefer more Madea and drug life films?

This sista is fine!
181196174.jpg

Teyonah-Parris-In-Herv%C3%A9-L%C3%A9ger-by-Max-Azria-Vanity-Fair-and-Maybelline-Toast-To-Mad-Men.jpg

Yo shes bad as fuck..

Been looking forward fo seeing this flick for a awhile but it aint playing in my area..hopefully I can get it on dvd soon

comment101

Rising Star
Platinum Member

I saw it yesterday. They had the dude form "Everybody Hates Chris" continuous kissing some other white kid. GAY.

comment101

Rising Star
Platinum Member

I saw it yesterday. They had the dude form "Everybody Hates Chris" continuous kissing some other white kid. GAY.

comment101

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Rocky Miavia

LORD OF THE BOARD
BGOL Investor

It was one kiss and they pretty much told you dude was a faggot from the jump.

Problematic

Rising Star
Registered

i liked the film for trying to touch on several issues that are glossed over in the mainstream, but overall movie was kinda "meh".

film school project-esque script definitely needed to be tightened up a little more...

might have to grow on me with time.

This sista is fine!
181196174.jpg

:yes::yes::yes:

she is the fucking prototype bruh - love proud natural women.

while watching, i was like where do i know that girl from?

hit me - don draper's killer secretary on mad men...

Teyonah+Parris+Mad+Men+Season+6+Episode+11+4pP1LoUnhTvl.jpg

honestly, i think she did one of the best jobs out of the entire cast...and not just cause she's fine.

the message the writer was trying to convey through her character was deep.

No, it was 3 kisses the whole movie. I didn't even know he was gay.

yeah, that shit was 1000% cringeworthy - they even had him kiss frat dude @ the end during the fight scene. shit was over the top imo.

we get it, he's playing a homo. slightly off-topic i understand he will be in upcoming episodes of the walking dead...

anyway, back to teyonah:

TeyonahParris.jpg

teyonah_parris.jpg

teyonahparris_tg0613_sl2.jpg

naturally-flawless_347x520_99.jpg

teyonah-parris-mad-men-2.jpg

tumblr_n7mp6gTSlO1rjupavo1_r1_500.jpg

sumofyallniggasisbitches2

BootyEnthusiast; Ass-preneur
BGOL Investor
SHit was a good movie....lots of hilarity ensues in my opinion...Some very deep subjects were broached within this flick that were introduced and delicately emphasized though the sphere of satire. Reminded me of how the show All in the Family used to make me think about racism and just how ultimately stupid it is, and those who practice it are. It wasn't outwardly heavy by any means but it tackled topics that we need to have conversations about and highlighted how far we still need to go in gaining true equality. I often like when ideas like this can be expressed through a comedic lens.

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just found out that it's playing in my city! :dance:

Soon as we found out..wifey and I sent out maaad texts to our people and our people put up facebook posts, sent out texts etc. to their people..next thing we know we got about 240 people notified and waiting to purchase tickets :yes:

can't wait for this Friday..The theatre's gonna be packed with nothing but positive and progressive Genx/older millenials having a good evening together and chopping it up with a discussion in one of the nearby restaurants afterwards :yes: