Debate: Do WE talk too much about BLACK ISSUES in front of WHITE folks?

Tha Great Muta

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Short answer yes. We have no secrets and a big reason for that is we get on these programs and want the competition to accept us rather than looking in the mirror and accepting ourselves and people that look like us.

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
Right now, several U.S. states are trying to eliminate critical race theory from learning curriculum for schools. For many years, Republicans in Texas, the state that manufactures 90% of American textbooks, have been trying to write a new narrative on chattel slavery that casts it in a "more positive" light. Yet in real time, American Black folks have educational, judicial, social, industrial, scientific, medical and political inequity and injustice that has not been addressed nor redressed.

There is the constant pressure to shut us up. We see it in them trying to make the term "black lives matter something evil", bludgeoning it with "all lives matter" or "blue lives matter" slogans as if we're the oppressors and not them. Any terminology, schools of thought or slogans we come up with as a rallying cry for our liberation from white supremacy and our search for fair treatment, they actively try to suppress through conservative mass media, social media and real life discourse.

Seems to me we don't need to shut up around white people about our issues. We need to speak up, act up, shout louder, disrupt, divest. In short, we need to let our speech be like what thunder is to lightning, "action words". But we should be heard, by them. The status quo wants us to keep silent while they roll back the clock on us.

The things that they don't need to be privy to are our plans of action. Those conversations should absolutely be (and in many cases are) had in private amongst only us.

But I think I know what OP was referring to- topical stuff where we talk about our own amongst ourselves about issues that specifically relate to our culture. That's kind of a tough call to make when you look at the ways in which large numbers of us discuss and weigh in on things in the present day, compared to say 25 or 30 years ago. Seems to me that if we do have these public conversations, we should have them in spaces where we can strictly moderate them to filter out white trolls and shut down and sometimes shut out and eject white folks who have too much to say.

Last edited:

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This from 2016 but in 2021.....I just started feeling this way.......these cac's getting too comfortable.
Right now, several U.S. states are trying to eliminate critical race theory from learning curriculum for schools. For many years, Republicans in Texas, the state that manufactures 90% of American textbooks, have been trying to write a new narrative on chattel slavery that casts it in a "more positive" light. Yet in real time, American Black folks have educational, judicial, social, industrial, scientific, medical and political inequity and injustice that has not been addressed nor redressed.

There is the constant pressure to shut us up. We see it in them trying to make the term "black lives matter something evil", bludgeoning it with "all lives matter" or "blue lives matter" slogans as if we're the oppressors and not them. Any terminology, schools of thought or slogans we come up with as a rallying cry for our liberation from white supremacy and our search for fair treatment, they actively try to suppress through conservative mass media, social media and real life discourse.

Seems to me we don't need to shut up around white people about our issues. We need to speak up, act up, shout louder, disrupt, divest. In short, we need to let our speech be like what thunder is to lightning, "action words". But we should be heard, by them. The status quo wants us to keep silent while they roll back the clock on us.

The things that they don't need to be privy to are our plans of action. Those conversations should absolutely be (and in many cases are) be had in private amongst only us.

But I think I know what OP was referring to- topical stuff where we talk about our own amongst ourselves about issues that specifically relate to our culture. That's kind of a tough call to make when you look at the ways in which large numbers of us discuss and weigh in on things in the present day, compared to say 25 or 30 years ago. Seems to me that if we do have these public conversations, we should have them in spaces where we can strictly moderate them to filter out white trolls and shut down and sometimes shut out and eject white folks who have too much to say.

What they fail to realize is the type of society we are....when you forbidden stuff or stop us......we get it ANYWAY. We search for it. We obtain it. Banning shit in 2021 will only make it more popular.

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
This from 2016 but in 2021.....I just started feeling this way.......these cac's getting too comfortable.

What they fail to realize is the type of society we are....when you forbidden stuff or stop us......we get it ANYWAY. We search for it. We obtain it. Banning shit in 2021 will only make it more popular.
I hear that. But that's how it's been for decades with us and our history- us being able to find ways to educate ourselves about ourselves. But since we have been here, built this country off of our blood and unpaid forced labor, our story needs to be told to everyone. Because the story of Black people IS the American story.

In Trump's 4th of July speech almost a year ago in front of Mount Rushmore, he laid out the agenda. The shit was chilling. Rewriting history is just one part of the plan to reclaim America's whiteness. This is happening concurrently with widespread voter suppression legislation and a complete transformation of the Republican party to the Trump party ie a party of open white supremacists. "Moderate Republicans" are damn near extinct. You see how he and his party and right wing mass media denied the Joe Biden victory for months? Imagine what it would have been like if Trump won. The stage was set for complete totalitarianism to take place, Hitler-style. A white nationalized America. And the problem is that even with him out office and off social media completely he is still the most powerful voice in their party and they still are following his playbook.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

The things that they don't need to be privy to are our plans of action. Those conversations should absolutely be (and in many cases are) be had in private amongst only us.

said this before...

Step 1. Get Together

Step 2. Go behind closed doors

Step 3. Cook up a plan

Step 4. EVERYONE PLAY THEIR POSITION AND EXECUTE THE PLAN

Step 5. IF THEY DON'T LOOK LIKE YOU THEY DON'T GET IN THE INNER CIRCLE PERIOD.

Steps 6 - 10. KEEP YOUR FUCKING MOUTH SHUT ABOUT WHAT YOURE DOING TO OUTSIDERS

CACs do this...Jews do this...Asians do this..guess who DOESN'T do this?

and the reason is because we've been conditioned to accept and need white approval for damn near every little thing.:smh::smh:

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
said this before...

Step 1. Get Together

Step 2. Go behind closed doors

Step 3. Cook up a plan

Step 4. EVERYONE PLAY THEIR POSITION AND EXECUTE THE PLAN

Step 5. IF THEY DON'T LOOK LIKE YOU THEY DON'T GET IN THE INNER CIRCLE PERIOD.

Steps 6 - 10. KEEP YOUR FUCKING MOUTH SHUT ABOUT WHAT YOURE DOING TO OUTSIDERS

CACs do this...Jews do this...Asians do this..guess who DOESN'T do this?

and the reason is because we've been conditioned to accept and need white approval for damn near every little thing.:smh::smh:
:yes:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

@54:00

The late actresses Rosalind Cash, Butterfly McQueen, Roxie Roker and Madge Sinclair were also honored with Hall of Fame Awards. Garth Brooks received the Founders Award. LeBaron Taylor, senior vice president of corporate affairs for Sony Music, received the Corporate Award.