Disney star Cameron Boyce dies at age 20

Lexx Diamond

Art Lover ❤️ Sex Addict®™
Staff member
I read this earlier but I can't find the cause of his death posted. My son loved a show he was on with a chick named Jessie.

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
I read this earlier but I can't find the cause of his death posted. My son loved a show he was on with a chick named Jessie.
I read it was a fatal seizure from an ongoing health issue he'd had for a while. I'm sure it will be corroborated or disproved soon enough.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
What happened??? I always saw him on Disney my kids watched Hey Jessie and he was in Disney Commercials etc.

THREAD_CRITIC

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
6306619_orig.jpg

8373276_orig.jpg

6809161_orig.jpg

4238783_orig.jpg

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I read it was a fatal seizure from an ongoing health issue he'd had for a while. I'm sure it will be corroborated or disproved soon enough.

That's wild to be so young and have promising and have a health condition that serious.... Lil dude was all over Disney a few years back, he slowed down a little when Jessie ended

but damn they've been hyping Descendants 3 like crazy. Hell the kids have been watching Disney all day and you can't go 30 mins without them mentioning that movie....
Prayers to his fam

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
That's wild to be so young and have promising and have a health condition that serious.... Lil dude was all over Disney a few years back, he slowed down a little when Jessie ended

but damn they've been hyping Descendants 3 like crazy. Hell the kids have been watching Disney all day and you can't go 30 mins without them mentioning that movie....
Prayers to his fam
Man mine been on deck for descendants 3 like I used to be for gangsta grillz mixtapes

Haven't told her yet

Hotlantan

Beep beep. Who's got the keys to the Jeep? VROOM!
BGOL Investor

Disney Star Cameron Boyce Honors His Grandmother's Connection to 'The Clinton 12' for Black History Month: 'She Has Chosen to Forgive, but Not Forget'
"She has chosen to forgive, not forget, and she learned from it and has just grown from her experiences," Cameron Boyce says about his grandmother Jo Ann Boyce
By Caitlin Keating
February 11, 2016 01:40 PM
https://people.com/human-interest/black-history-month-clinton-12-jo-ann-and-cameron-boyce/

Teen star Cameron Boyce’s latest role involved no acting at all.

Disney XD and Disney Channel’s new Be Inspired short-film series, commemorating Black History Month, is now airing and features the incredible story of Cameron’s grandmother, Jo Ann Boyce, who was one of “The Clinton 12.”

The U.S. Supreme Court’s 1954 ruling in Brown v. Board of Educationordered Clinton High School in Clinton, Tennessee, to desegregate. Two years later – in the fall of 1956 – 12 black teenagers, who became known as “The Clinton 12,” attended the first integrated public high school in the South. Before that, Jo Ann and her friends were told to go to school 20 miles away from their home.

Cameron and Jo Ann Boyce

“My Nana stuck up for what she believed in and did something amazing,” the Descendants star, 16, tells PEOPLE. “Things are going to happen in your life and you’re going to face adversity, but if you grow from that and learn from that, you’re a better person because of it.”

Jo Ann was just 14 years old when she and 11 of her friends courageously walked the hallways of Clinton despite intense backlash from a lot of white residents. In 1958, the school was severely damaged by dynamite explosions, which people assumed were related to the school s desegregation.

Cameras followed Jo Ann, Cameron, his sister and parents to the 12 life-size sculptures of the students in the Green McAdoo Cultural Center in Clinton, Tennessee.

Boyce Family

“It was overwhelming. It was emotional,” Jo Ann, 74, tells PEOPLE about the experience of going back to Clinton with her family. “I could go back and remember the days that me and my friends walked down that hill together.”

“All of us, all of our parents, every single student that walked down the hill with me, all of our parents wanted us to do better, she says. “They wanted us to have better opportunities, so therefore education was number one for them. They told us, ‘It may be difficult but you guys go ahead. We are with you.’ ”

Since the series was released on Feb. 1 (it’s now also airing on ABC), Jo Ann says the response has been “overwhelming positive.”

“One woman wrote, ‘Finally, Finally.’ Finally this story that has sort of been hidden in the background is coming out, she says. “I’m hoping that children who are watching will be inspired by this story and will know that things are possible. We just want the world to know that there was a group of young people who were brave enough to face extreme adversity.”

Cameron adds, “How could we not bring this up? Giving the Clinton 12 the recognition that they deserve. How could you not be amazed by their bravery?

She has chosen to forgive, not forget, and she learned from it and has just grown from her experiences.”

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member

Disney Star Cameron Boyce Honors His Grandmother's Connection to 'The Clinton 12' for Black History Month: 'She Has Chosen to Forgive, but Not Forget'
"She has chosen to forgive, not forget, and she learned from it and has just grown from her experiences," Cameron Boyce says about his grandmother Jo Ann Boyce
By Caitlin Keating
February 11, 2016 01:40 PM
https://people.com/human-interest/black-history-month-clinton-12-jo-ann-and-cameron-boyce/

Teen star Cameron Boyce’s latest role involved no acting at all.

Disney XD and Disney Channel’s new Be Inspired short-film series, commemorating Black History Month, is now airing and features the incredible story of Cameron’s grandmother, Jo Ann Boyce, who was one of “The Clinton 12.”

The U.S. Supreme Court’s 1954 ruling in Brown v. Board of Educationordered Clinton High School in Clinton, Tennessee, to desegregate. Two years later – in the fall of 1956 – 12 black teenagers, who became known as “The Clinton 12,” attended the first integrated public high school in the South. Before that, Jo Ann and her friends were told to go to school 20 miles away from their home.

Cameron and Jo Ann Boyce

“My Nana stuck up for what she believed in and did something amazing,” the Descendants star, 16, tells PEOPLE. “Things are going to happen in your life and you’re going to face adversity, but if you grow from that and learn from that, you’re a better person because of it.”

Jo Ann was just 14 years old when she and 11 of her friends courageously walked the hallways of Clinton despite intense backlash from a lot of white residents. In 1958, the school was severely damaged by dynamite explosions, which people assumed were related to the school s desegregation.

Cameras followed Jo Ann, Cameron, his sister and parents to the 12 life-size sculptures of the students in the Green McAdoo Cultural Center in Clinton, Tennessee.

Boyce Family

“It was overwhelming. It was emotional,” Jo Ann, 74, tells PEOPLE about the experience of going back to Clinton with her family. “I could go back and remember the days that me and my friends walked down that hill together.”

“All of us, all of our parents, every single student that walked down the hill with me, all of our parents wanted us to do better, she says. “They wanted us to have better opportunities, so therefore education was number one for them. They told us, ‘It may be difficult but you guys go ahead. We are with you.’ ”

Since the series was released on Feb. 1 (it’s now also airing on ABC), Jo Ann says the response has been “overwhelming positive.”

“One woman wrote, ‘Finally, Finally.’ Finally this story that has sort of been hidden in the background is coming out, she says. “I’m hoping that children who are watching will be inspired by this story and will know that things are possible. We just want the world to know that there was a group of young people who were brave enough to face extreme adversity.”

Cameron adds, “How could we not bring this up? Giving the Clinton 12 the recognition that they deserve. How could you not be amazed by their bravery?

She has chosen to forgive, not forget, and she learned from it and has just grown from her experiences.”

Not gon lie, had no idea.

Wow man, really a shame :(