.but was he sick or something..

Damn shame his life was just getting

Started

Don't care what race he was

Tragic anyway u slice it

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
He did a lot to make sure people specifically Black people got clean drinking water. RIP to son.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirst_Project

https://www.thirstproject.org/

https://people.com/tv/cameron-boyce-final-interview-before-death/

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/07/entertainment/cameron-boyce-descendants-trnd/index.html

The Thirst Project is a non-profit organization whose aim is to bring safe drinking water to communities around the world where it is not immediately available. The Thirst Project collects money and builds wells all across the continent of Africa where villages do not have immediate drinking water.[1] Actors Cameron Boyce, Drake Bell, Dylan O'Brien, Jennifer Lawrence and Chyler Leigh are supporters.[2][3][4][5][6]

The Non-profit was founded in 2008 in Los Angeles, CA, by several college students who learned about the international water crisis and wanted to make a difference.

In 2012, the Thirst Project pledged to bring clean water to the entire nation of Swaziland by 2022, 10 years after their initial pledge. Thirst Project sent representatives to Swaziland to survey the costs of the project and determined that it would cost around $50 million to bring Swaziland water. While many non-profits have been making progress on solving the water crisis, no organization has focused efforts specifically in one country, with the goal of bringing an entire nation clean water. The Swaziland project will work as a case study about the positive effects of bringing clean water to a developing country, and will demonstrate benefits such as improved education and heightened development.

While most of Thirst Project's efforts are focused in Swaziland, they are also operating in India, Uganda, El Salvador and Kenya.

Race Harley

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Disney Star Cameron Boyce Honors His Grandmother's Connection to 'The Clinton 12' for Black History Month: 'She Has Chosen to Forgive, but Not Forget'
"She has chosen to forgive, not forget, and she learned from it and has just grown from her experiences," Cameron Boyce says about his grandmother Jo Ann Boyce
By Caitlin Keating
February 11, 2016 01:40 PM
https://people.com/human-interest/black-history-month-clinton-12-jo-ann-and-cameron-boyce/

Teen star Cameron Boyce’s latest role involved no acting at all.

Disney XD and Disney Channel’s new Be Inspired short-film series, commemorating Black History Month, is now airing and features the incredible story of Cameron’s grandmother, Jo Ann Boyce, who was one of “The Clinton 12.”

The U.S. Supreme Court’s 1954 ruling in Brown v. Board of Educationordered Clinton High School in Clinton, Tennessee, to desegregate. Two years later – in the fall of 1956 – 12 black teenagers, who became known as “The Clinton 12,” attended the first integrated public high school in the South. Before that, Jo Ann and her friends were told to go to school 20 miles away from their home.

Cameron and Jo Ann Boyce

“My Nana stuck up for what she believed in and did something amazing,” the Descendants star, 16, tells PEOPLE. “Things are going to happen in your life and you’re going to face adversity, but if you grow from that and learn from that, you’re a better person because of it.”

Jo Ann was just 14 years old when she and 11 of her friends courageously walked the hallways of Clinton despite intense backlash from a lot of white residents. In 1958, the school was severely damaged by dynamite explosions, which people assumed were related to the school s desegregation.

Cameras followed Jo Ann, Cameron, his sister and parents to the 12 life-size sculptures of the students in the Green McAdoo Cultural Center in Clinton, Tennessee.

Boyce Family

“It was overwhelming. It was emotional,” Jo Ann, 74, tells PEOPLE about the experience of going back to Clinton with her family. “I could go back and remember the days that me and my friends walked down that hill together.”

“All of us, all of our parents, every single student that walked down the hill with me, all of our parents wanted us to do better, she says. “They wanted us to have better opportunities, so therefore education was number one for them. They told us, ‘It may be difficult but you guys go ahead. We are with you.’ ”

Since the series was released on Feb. 1 (it’s now also airing on ABC), Jo Ann says the response has been “overwhelming positive.”

“One woman wrote, ‘Finally, Finally.’ Finally this story that has sort of been hidden in the background is coming out, she says. “I’m hoping that children who are watching will be inspired by this story and will know that things are possible. We just want the world to know that there was a group of young people who were brave enough to face extreme adversity.”

Cameron adds, “How could we not bring this up? Giving the Clinton 12 the recognition that they deserve. How could you not be amazed by their bravery?

She has chosen to forgive, not forget, and she learned from it and has just grown from her experiences.”

That's deep!

R.I.P.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

Disney Star Cameron Boyce Honors His Grandmother's Connection to 'The Clinton 12' for Black History Month: 'She Has Chosen to Forgive, but Not Forget'
"She has chosen to forgive, not forget, and she learned from it and has just grown from her experiences," Cameron Boyce says about his grandmother Jo Ann Boyce
By Caitlin Keating
February 11, 2016 01:40 PM
https://people.com/human-interest/black-history-month-clinton-12-jo-ann-and-cameron-boyce/

Teen star Cameron Boyce’s latest role involved no acting at all.

Disney XD and Disney Channel’s new Be Inspired short-film series, commemorating Black History Month, is now airing and features the incredible story of Cameron’s grandmother, Jo Ann Boyce, who was one of “The Clinton 12.”

The U.S. Supreme Court’s 1954 ruling in Brown v. Board of Educationordered Clinton High School in Clinton, Tennessee, to desegregate. Two years later – in the fall of 1956 – 12 black teenagers, who became known as “The Clinton 12,” attended the first integrated public high school in the South. Before that, Jo Ann and her friends were told to go to school 20 miles away from their home.

Cameron and Jo Ann Boyce

“My Nana stuck up for what she believed in and did something amazing,” the Descendants star, 16, tells PEOPLE. “Things are going to happen in your life and you’re going to face adversity, but if you grow from that and learn from that, you’re a better person because of it.”

Jo Ann was just 14 years old when she and 11 of her friends courageously walked the hallways of Clinton despite intense backlash from a lot of white residents. In 1958, the school was severely damaged by dynamite explosions, which people assumed were related to the school s desegregation.

Cameras followed Jo Ann, Cameron, his sister and parents to the 12 life-size sculptures of the students in the Green McAdoo Cultural Center in Clinton, Tennessee.

Boyce Family

“It was overwhelming. It was emotional,” Jo Ann, 74, tells PEOPLE about the experience of going back to Clinton with her family. “I could go back and remember the days that me and my friends walked down that hill together.”

“All of us, all of our parents, every single student that walked down the hill with me, all of our parents wanted us to do better, she says. “They wanted us to have better opportunities, so therefore education was number one for them. They told us, ‘It may be difficult but you guys go ahead. We are with you.’ ”

Since the series was released on Feb. 1 (it’s now also airing on ABC), Jo Ann says the response has been “overwhelming positive.”

“One woman wrote, ‘Finally, Finally.’ Finally this story that has sort of been hidden in the background is coming out, she says. “I’m hoping that children who are watching will be inspired by this story and will know that things are possible. We just want the world to know that there was a group of young people who were brave enough to face extreme adversity.”

Cameron adds, “How could we not bring this up? Giving the Clinton 12 the recognition that they deserve. How could you not be amazed by their bravery?

She has chosen to forgive, not forget, and she learned from it and has just grown from her experiences.”

Yeah I came in here just to say this..

I'm tripping out that dudes up here... talking about the One drop rule with Dude .... yet be up in the Obama threads talking about My black president.

RIP to the dude..

I started following him when he had that gamer TV show. Dude seemed pretty cool.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Cameron Boyce On Giving Back, Living His Best Life And… Joe Biden

Cameron Boyce had quite a run-in with former vice president Joe Biden at the 2019 Biden Courage Awards. The “Descendants ” and “Mrs. Fletcher” star even jokes that his family might have prompted Biden to run for president, as he announced late last month. When the 19-year-old actor isn’t kidding around, he’s giving back. He was honored with The Pioneering Spirit Award at the 9th Annual Thirst Gala for his efforts to bring awareness to the Global Water Crisis and raising more than $30,000 for Thirst Project (thirstproject.org) to build two wells in Swaziland. We chatted with Boyce—who is known for projects like “Eagle Eye,” “Mirrors,” and “Grown Ups”/“Grown Ups 2” opposite Adam Sandler and will appear in the third “Descendants” installment this summer—about giving back, meeting Joe Biden and how he’s currently living his best life.

You’ve been referred to as an “old soul.” Is this accurate? Why or why not?
Weird story, my parents were out somewhere with me when I was a toddler. An old lady pointed me out to my dad and told him that I was an old soul. Why she said that or how she came to that conclusion, I have no idea. But I do think it’s am accurate assessment of me. A way easier conclusion to come to now than it would’ve been then.

You have become quite the philanthropist. Why is giving back so important to you? Where did this come from? How do you specifically give back?
There’s a long line of difference makers in my family. I’m following in the footsteps of some really strong men and women who have showed me what it means to give back; It’s the greatest way to fulfill yourself. Every time I talk to someone who shares that similar passion, we talk about how there aren’t many feelings more euphoric. Changing someone else’s life positively changes yours for the better as well.

How do you personally think you inspire others to give back?
Many people have the heart to give back, but a lot don’t know how to. I try to be the bridge for those people– whether that means getting them involved in one of my campaigns or inspiring them by showing them a blueprint of how to get others engaged.

Your grandmother, Jo Ann Boyce, was one of the famed Clinton 12 and just wrote a book. For those who may not be familiar with her incredible story, what is the book about? Has your grandmother inspired you? How, and to do what, be what?
The book is about her experiences in Clinton at the time of the desegregation of Clinton High school. She dives into what it was like to be a black student in a school that the entire town wanted to stay white. Neighbors and town folk who were sometimes even cordial to the 12 (when they stayed in their place) took a turn towards hatred when they began to lawfully attend the high school just steps away from their homes. Her story doesn’t just inspire me… It hits home with everyone who stops to listen to it. She and the other 11 students set the stage for our generation to come together. We have to ensure–especially with some of the controversy plaguing us now– that we continue to push towards dreams that have yet to be realized. Equality in its truest sense.

Given your diverse background, and the adversities that your grandmother faced, do you feel that this has shaped the man you have become today?
She’s a huge part of who I am. Being African American and Jewish, I have plenty of ancestors and family members that I can look to for strength, and more importantly, for a grateful outlook on life. Every one of them clawed and scratched for my sister and I to be in the position we’re in today.

You just introduced Joe Biden at the Biden Courage Awards in NYC. What was that like? Did he say anything to you that you’ll remember forever?
VP Biden and the presenters were gathered in a room backstage joking about how it’d be so cool if Joe could talk to some of our family members. I’ll never forget Joe saying “Call Em!” Sure enough, five minutes later my mom was interrupted in her meeting to speak with Joe Biden. She said, “Please run Joe, run!!!” Maybe she was the one who convinced him.

You’ve been filming “Mrs. Fletcher” for HBO in NYC. In a city filled with such culture, what will you take away from your experience living and working there? What are your favorite go-to spots?
New York is by far the most stimulating city I’ve been to. I came back home rejuvenated, and more inspired to make art. The music scene out there is amazing. If you’re looking for an intimate spot to chill and hear good music, jazz clubs like Smalls, Zinc, Mezzrow… can’t go wrong.

What advice do you have for others who are looking to accomplish a goal or chase after their dreams?
Fail and fail and fail until you don’t fail. That’s the cycle. You’ll fail until you don’t, and then you’ll re start the process over again.

With success comes adversity… How do you combat the naysayers so to speak, and stay focused on the course ahead?
Speaking with a lot of artists, one of the things all of us have in common is we’re all our own biggest critics. I find comfort in that. I know that everyone else sees my work in a light differently than how I see it. They’re not picking apart every little habit and twitch and imperfection nearly as thoroughly as I am. So often times naysayers aren’t as hard on me as myself. It also helps when you can decipher a naysayer and a hater. A hater should always be white noise.

https://hauteliving.com/2019/05/cameron-boyce-discusses-philanthropy-joe-biden-clinton-12/669387/

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Cameron Boyce Autopsy Complete, But Coroner Delays Report
July 8, 2019 6:50pm
Facebook
  • Email
10218761e.jpg

AFF-USA/Shutterstock
The Los Angeles County coroner’s office performed an autopsy Monday on Disney star Cameron Boyce, but has delayed releasing an official cause of death pending additional tests.

Boyce, 20, was found unresponsive Saturday afternoon at his home in North Hollywood. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 2:35 p.m., according to the coroner’s office.

A family representative said in a statement that the actor died following a seizure in his sleep, caused by “an ongoing medical condition for which he was being treated.”

Boyce was best known for his leading role as Carlos, son of Cruella de Vil, in Disney Channel’s hit original franchise Descendants. The actor had wrapped production on Descendants 3, which is slated to premiere in August.

He was also set to appear as a series regular opposite Kathryn Hahn in HBO’s new coming-of-age comedy, Mrs. Fletcher. He additionally had roles in the upcoming American Satan TV spinoff Paradise City, and the indie film Runt, directed by William Coakley.

RELATED STORY: Cameron Boyce Death Mourned By Adam Sandler, Bob Iger, Young Hollywood

Boyce was born in Los Angeles in May 1999. He made his acting debut at 9 years old in the 2008 horror film Mirrors with Kiefer Sutherland and Paula Patton. He went on to land a role in the 2010 Adam Sandler film Grown Ups, as the comedian’s son.

City News Service contributed to this report.

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
you could tell he had swag by the bass in his voice..

sorry but something is suspicious a perfectly healthly twenty year ol..

with no signs of illness just gone like that...

something aint right... unless he had a prior medical condition

I suspected the same thing. But I saw some where that he suffered from epilepsy. I had a classmate in high School. That died the same way. Not too long after graduating high school. I found out she died in her sleep.

Last edited:

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I suspected the same thing. But I saw some where that he suffered from epilepsy. I had a classmate high School. That that died the same way. Not too long after graduating high school. I found out she died I'm her sleep.

yea my niece and nephew just told me... he suffered from that.. so that is possible..

twenty year olds just dont drop out of life like that in their sleep, but that makes sense.

RIP to the young soul..

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Travolta#Son's_death

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_disease

https://canoe.com/entertainment/cel...ng-son-jett-back-to-life-after-seizure-report

In 2009, Travolta's son, Jett, died at age 16 while on a Christmas vacation in the Bahamas.[43][44] A Bahamian death certificate was issued, attributing the cause of death to a seizure.[45] Jett, who had a history of seizures, reportedly suffered from Kawasaki disease at the age of two.[46][47] Travolta confirmed speculation that his son had autism and suffered regular seizures and immediately made his public statements while giving testimony after a multimillion-dollar extortion plot against him in connection to his son's death.[48] After a mistrial, Travolta dropped the charges and has credited his immediate family and Scientology with helping him survive the death of his son and in moving forward with his film career.[49][50][51] In memory of his son, Travolta created the Jett Travolta Foundation, a non-profit organization to help children with special needs.[52] It has contributed to organizations such as the Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy, The Institutes for the Achievement of Human Potential, and the Simon Wiesenthal Center[53]

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
https://www.tmz.com/photos/2019/07/07/remembering-cameron-boyce/

Cameron Boyce Charity Raises Thousands in Honor ...With Adam Sandler's Help

7/14/2019 1:00 AM PT

9324c86f863b49a0870c58e7d68513d4_md.jpg

Exclusive
Getty

Cameron Boyce's shocking death triggered a flood of donations to a charity about which he was passionate ... with some help from Adam Sandler.

The Disney star, who was just 20 years old when he died this last week, worked closely with a charity called Thirst Project, which builds wells bringing clean drinking water to villages in need.

Thirst Project's co-founder and CEO, Seth Maxwell, tells TMZ ... more than 350 people have donated money to the initiative in Cameron's honor, totaling $15,000.

Maxwell says the money is pouring in from online donations through the charity's website, and a large chunk is coming from a Facebook fundraiser started by Adam Sandler.

Other celebs are raising awareness and driving donations as well ... actors Skai Jackson and Nolan Gould, some of Cameron's industry friends, also went on social media encouraging fans to donate to Thirst Project in Cameron's name.

Maxwell tells us Thirst Project has been overwhelmed by DMs and emails from people asking how they can get involved ... and he says there are lots of ways people can carry on Cameron's legacy.

Disney canceled a "Descendants 3" red carpet event to honor Cameron ... opting instead to donate money in his name to Thirst Project. Those funds are separate from the $15,000 in individual donations.

As we first reported ... Cameron, who died in his sleep from a seizure, suffered from epilepsy.

Reactions: LSN