Elon Musk reaches deal to buy Twitter for $44B - Brazil’s Supreme Court orders (X) to be fully suspended in the country immediately

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
chapelle-charlie-murphy.gif

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor

BREAKING: Republican billionaire Elon Musk announces his latest plan to totally destroy Twitter and says that he will soon start charging every user a monthly fee to use the website — a move that will drive people away from the platform in droves.

Musk revealed the boneheaded move during a livestream conversation and said that X is "moving to having a small monthly payment for use of the X system" supposedly in order to combat "vast armies of bots."

Of course, the real reason Musk wants to reach directly into your wallet is because he has completely tanked Twitter's worth. It has nosedived since he took over due to a string of terrible business decisions. He has allowed Nazis and racists to flood the site, scaring off advertisers.

Now, he wants you to cough up your hard earned dough to make up for his own financial shortcomings. Like every other billionaire, he thinks the rest of us should pay for his mistakes.

Twitter was free before Musk took over. It should remain free.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
Starting tomorrow...

"Perhaps the most worrying part of the new policy is the fact that Twitter now "may collect and use your biometric information for safety, security, and identification purposes." The good news here is that this is "based on your consent," so hopefully users will be able to opt out of it completely.

Finally, Twitter now "may collect and use your personal information (such as your employment history, educational history, employment preferences, skills and abilities, job search activity and engagement, and so on)." This is done, according to Twitter, to "recommend potential jobs for you, to share with potential employers when you apply for a job, to enable employers to find potential candidates, and to show you more relevant advertising."

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Where are people running into all this hate speech? Maybe because I don't do politics on twitter I miss it.

I don't consider most of his examples hate speech. There is a whole lot of insults against black people using the n word with the hard "er" though and comparing us to monkeys and such.

It hasn't been as bad as when he first took over, but I don't know the current stats.

Black content creators and activists have always had a hard time, even under the old management, but if reported those people used to lose their accounts or got locked down until they removed their content. That is not happening now.

The other day I saw the message to show other replies that may be offensive. 9 times out of 10 they aren't, but this one had hidden a comment about n-ers. In the past it would have been removed and the account suspended.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
I don't consider most of his examples hate speech. There is a whole lot of insults against black people using the n word with the hard "er" though and comparing us to monkeys and such.

It hasn't been as bad as when he first took over, but I don't know the current stats.

Black content creators and activists have always had a hard time, even under the old management, but if reported those people used to lose their accounts or got locked down until they removed their content. That is not happening now.

The other day I saw the message to show other replies that may be offensive. 9 times out of 10 they aren't, but this one had hidden a comment about n-ers. In the past it would have been removed and the account suspended.
If it weren't for this thread, I wouldn't have even thought about 'hate speech' on twitter. I deal with black creators and they been cool too. But again, we don't do politics or none of that type of shit on twitter. I fully admit it might be a different experience for folks engaging in that talk. A lot of people whacked the fuck out over politics. :smh: Hell, let folks tell it, crypto full of Nazis and I haven't really seen shit from them on crypto twitter.

What has your personal experience been like?