ESPN has signed Shannon Sharpe to a multi-year contract extension.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Screenshot-2554-e1692118205817-832x447.jpg

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
6DSRS6EAKHTI76JUA5FAHVAWEE.jpg

Nobody is tuning in to hear him Southern Drawl out sentences on TV or listen to slow talking Shaq. He got exposed with his low rating show that got canceled and it costs TNT their NBA contract. He was parisitic getting viewers that just wanted to watch the game.

Him and Shaq tried to do that Oprah weight loss struggle, copying her NIL.

Shannon Sharpe proved he can draw people on his own without having a big game on TV.

Last edited:

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
All these dudes need to create their OWN basketball show after the contract is up next year.
Stream the shit live, fuck it.

It's not that simple. Yes, they can easily do some sort of sports commentary show.

The problem is they won't be able to legally access NBA material without having rights similar to what TNT is refusing to re-up.

Barkley offered to produce a version of the show under his own production, but I think he was still looking for someone with deep pockets to cover the NBA licensing.

An RnB Thug

El Capitan of The LOVE BOAT
Platinum Member
It's not that simple. Yes, they can easily do some sort of sports commentary show.

The problem is they won't be able to legally access NBA material without having rights similar to what TNT is refusing to re-up.

Barkley offered to produce a version of the show under his own production, but I think he was still looking for someone with deep pockets to cover the NBA licensing.
No, they can use clips of games in their show. Your local News shows do it all the time and youtube channels do.
They just have to use it in a fashion called "fair use"
To add, if they want to use a lot of detailed material it's not crazy expensive to do. A lot of channels on YouTube are given permission from the NBA like the FreeDawkins channel

What TNT is not re-upping is the broadcasting of GAMES (which was expensive) on their channel, not necessarily access to NBA "material" for a show. So some type of show that recaps games at the end on the night is totally achievable

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No, they can use clips of games in their show. Your local News shows do it all the time and youtube channels do.
They just have to use it in a fashion called "fair use"
To add, if they want to use a lot of detailed material it's not crazy expensive to do. A lot of channels on YouTube are given permission from the NBA like the FreeDawkins channel

What TNT is not re-upping is the broadcasting of GAMES (which was expensive) on their channel, not necessarily access to NBA "material" for a show. So some type of show that recaps games at the end on the night is totally achievable
no it's not that easy.

Do you really think Barkley and Shaq couldn't figure out to do their own Inside the NBA if was as simple as you suggested?

An RnB Thug

Platinum Member
no it's not that easy.

Do you really think Barkley and Shaq couldn't figure out to do their own Inside the NBA if was as simple as you suggested?
Where did I say it was easy?
I just said they CAN use NBA clips for their show in an answer to your statement about them getting "rights"
The hard part is figuring out how they gonna interview the players before and after games.
Maybe do a something promoting Zoom, FaceTime or some streaming app and have staff onsite at the games.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
no it's not that easy.

many actors dont know how to write a script. Just cause you good at one thing don’t mean you good at other things.. remember the whole dame dash/ envy convo.. envy and the rest of the breakfast club could have did their own thing but they were comfortable being under somebody else umbrella than creating their own.. there’s way to get around the whole clips thing as well as you don’t necessarily need clips and could just talk about the game without showing footage.. some people are just more comfortable being under somebodies else umbrella than creating their own

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Where did I say it was easy?
I just said they CAN use NBA clips for their show in an answer to your statement about them getting "rights"
The hard part is figuring out how they gonna interview the players before and after games.
Maybe do a something promoting Zoom, FaceTime or some streaming app and have staff onsite at the games.

Bro using NBA clips sports clips period is EXTREMELY difficult

During covid actually even pre covid espn+ had issues using clips on their daily shows and even sportswear

And espn disney nba are PARTNERS.

An RnB Thug

Platinum Member
Bro using NBA clips sports clips period is EXTREMELY difficult

During covid actually even pre covid espn+ had issues using clips on their daily shows and even sportswear

And espn disney nba are PARTNERS.
Again, it DEPENDS on what you are using it for is the key.
You can use clips under the title "Fair Use"
ALL local news shows do. It encompasses commentary, criticism, news, or educational purposes
It supersedes the copyright law for said material.
To be clear again, it ALL DEPENDS what the clips are actually used for.
I majored in this stuff at college many decades ago.....

Look it up and DYOR

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Again, it DEPENDS on what you are using it for is the key.
You can use clips under the title "Fair Use"
ALL local news shows do. It encompasses commentary, criticism, news, or educational purposes
It supersedes the copyright law for said material.
To be clear again, it ALL DEPENDS what the clips are actually used for.
I majored in this stuff at college many decades ago.....

Look it up and DYOR

I understand I am not arguing that

I'm saying if THEY want to make it difficult?

They can easily.

And we have to consider how these powers would feel about some independent popping up.

Last edited: