Former MTV VJ Ananda Lewis breast cancer has spread to stage 4 after going against her doctors’ recommendation for a double mastectomy

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My mother had the double and chemo-radiation and lived another 5 years. Once that shit spread to her bones, it was a wrap. I fucking hate Cancer!
Cancer so fucked up, I read you statement and thought how lucky you were that you got 5 more years with her before she passed. My mom died about 5 weeks after she told me she was stage 4.

Last edited:

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
Cancer so fucked up, I read you statement and thought how lucky you were that you got 5 more years with her before she passed. My mom died about a 5 weeks after she told me she was stage 4.

My condolences.

I can relate.

My father was diagnosed with cancer in late 1998 and had surgery to have half a lung removed.

In spring of 2000 it was confirmed that it had returned and in late October 2000 we were told he had 12-18 months to live by his doctors and all treatment was stopped.

He died a week later :smh:

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
At one point Will and Jada were heavy into Scientology.

Scientologists believe that, when at a certain level, you become capable of healing yourself so they sometimes delay seeking proper medical treatment.

I hope they didn't get her and his brother into that shit because I could see some of what she said being in line with the Scientology teachings of the power of the mind and ability to heal yourself.

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My mother had the double and chemo-radiation and lived another 5 years. Once that shit spread to her bones, it was a wrap. I fucking hate Cancer!

My condolences.

I can relate.

My father was diagnosed with cancer in late 1998 and had surgery to have half a lung removed.

In spring of 2000 it was confirmed that it had returned and in late October 2000 we were told he had 12-18 months to live by his doctors and all treatment was stopped.

He did a week later :smh:
cancer-shirts-fuck-cancer-shirt_600x600.jpg

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
At one point Will and Jada were heavy into Scientology.

Scientologists believe that, when at a certain level, you become capable of healing yourself so they sometimes delay seeking proper medical treatment.

I hope they didn't get her and his brother into that shit because I could see some of what she said being in line with the Scientology teachings of the power of the mind and ability to heal yourself.
I remember when Tom Cruise went after Brooke Shields because she was telling folks she was taking meds for depression. Basically, telling the world what you just said about "the power of scientology".

WattDogs

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My best friend is currently on this "no breast exams because of radiation" bullshit. I've been arguing her down for a year at least. Maybe she'll wake up & get the point when I show her this about Ananda.

Wanna know the crazy part? My moms beat cancer 5 times (uterine, breast & lung) before finally succumbing close to 5 years ago. She was around for all that & the reason my moms lasted that long (from 1981 to 2020) is because she was on top of those appointments, working with the doctors & doing what she had to do. I remind her of that all the time, to no avail.

Oh yeah, and FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK CANCER!!!!!

I hope Ananda gets her 10 years at least. If not, well, sometimes life has consequences.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
My best friend is currently on this "no breast exams because of radiation" bullshit. I've been arguing her down for a year at least. Maybe she'll wake up & get the point when I show her this about Ananda.

Wanna know the crazy part? My moms beat cancer 5 times (uterine, breast & lung) before finally succumbing close to 5 years ago. She was around for all that & the reason my moms lasted that long (from 1981 to 2020) is because she was on top of those appointments, working with the doctors & doing what she had to do. I remind her of that all the time, to no avail.

Oh yeah, and FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK CANCER!!!!!

I hope Ananda gets her 10 years at least. If not, well, sometimes life has consequences.

My condolences, I'm glad your mother was able to fight it successfully for so many times and for that long.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered

I called lead attorney up and told him that I would like to be apart of his support network.

He is still doing videos, when he should be getting his affairs in order. Selling and getting rid of your assets, such as cars that you don't need or furniture. If he has a house, he should liquidate it.

If you want to be buried somewhere, you should move there so the process of arranging your funeral will be much easier, if your family lives somewhere else you need to get an apartment.

Finally, funeral arrangements and setting up your will.

NER0

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hopefully she can get through this… sad story
The funny thing is.. one the main things I remember about her is when she pulled up her shirt on MTV and showed off her titties ( nipples were covered)

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Sorry to hear this, had a serious crush on her back in the college days.

I was going to say the same, she was the shit to me as a teenager. Super sad.

To all the people calling her stupid— I think there was more to it than what she said. It has got to be hard for a woman to lose her breasts. Even harder for a sex symbol.

Not saying it’s justification but I understand.

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
From the article,

"Elam explains in a voice-over that Lewis pursued homeopathic remedies as well as medication and radiation, and better sleep and diet. While she says Lewis improved for awhile, last year the MTV alum discovered her cancer had spread."

I'm curious as to what meds she was taking and if chemo drugs were involved at all.

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The biggest killer of black people, black men especially, is refusing to timely see a doctor when your body is telling you, "hey something wrong, go get it checked out". When whatever's wrong get so bad that you finally seek medical attention the last thing you'll want to hear from the doctor is, "if I had only seen you earlier, followed by "perhaps you should get your affairs in order". :hmm:

Stix-N-Stonz

Dirty Civilian
Platinum Member
Man thats fucked up. I take my mother to get a mammogram EVERY year and try to feed her healthy foods.

My dad is having surgery next week to get a tumor removed from his stomach. He is going to lose like a third of his stomach. I already lost 2 friends to cancer in the last 3 years.

Cancer can eat a dick.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
Man thats fucked up. I take my mother to get a mammogram EVERY year and try to feed her healthy foods.

My dad is having surgery next week to get a tumor removed from his stomach. He is going to lose like a third of his stomach. I already lost 2 friends to cancer in the last 3 years.

Cancer can eat a dick.

Best wishes to your father with his surgery next week.

blkking1123

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Cancer so fucked up, I read you statement and thought how lucky you were that you got 5 more years with her before she passed. My mom died about 5 weeks after she told me she was stage 4.
Same here..but my mom got almost a year after remission. The suffering and pain my mom went through was testament to her strength...but damn I still don't believe there isn't a cure yet...these lying ass pharma companies getting so rich off our death misery and pain

blkking1123

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The biggest killer of black people, black men especially, is refusing to timely see a doctor when your body is telling you, "hey something wrong, go get it checked out". When whatever's wrong get so bad that you finally seek medical attention the last thing you'll want to hear from the doctor is, "if I had only seen you earlier, followed by "perhaps you should get your affairs in order". :hmm:
My best friend died because for this exact reason..not listening to his body and not going to the dr..his death was preventable but I think he was scared of what the Dr was going to tell him..congestive heart failure obesity edema..etc....fucked up way to go