GEICO is Terminating Insurance Coverage of Tesla Cybertrucks, Says “This Type of Vehicle Doesn't Meet Our Underwriting Guidelines”

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
Tesla-Cybertruck-Insurance.jpg

Robert Stevenson, a Tesla Cybertruck owner, recently revealed that GEICO is kicking out his Cybertruck from his multi-vehicle insurance policy.

In a post that was first shared on X and later reposted on Reddit, Robert writes, “@GEICO said they can no longer insure my Cybertruck.”

Robert added, “It makes no sense, as there are other, riskier cars out there. Let me know if you recommend any insurer for the truck. I have eight cars with an amazing record. I will be canceling my entire Geico policy!! Bye-bye!”

Below his post, the Cybertruck owner included the letter he received from GEICO informing him that his Cybertruck insurance policy was terminated.

Here is what the letter reads…

“2024TESLACYBERTRUCK
VIN: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Policy Number: xxxxxxx
Dear xxxxx
We would like to thank you for choosing GEICO for your insurance needs. After a careful review of your policy records, we have determined that we are unable to continue your insurance coverage for the 2024 TESLA CYBERTRUCK.
We have taken this action for the following reason(s): We are unable to insure your 2024 TESLA CYBERTRUCK xxxxxxx because this type of vehicle doesn't meet our underwriting guidelines.
Therefore, we must notify you as follows:
ALL COVERAGE ON THE 2024 TESLA CYBERTRUCK PROVIDED BY GEICO CASUALTY COMPANY, UNDER THE ABOVE POLICY NUMBER, WILL NON-RENEW AS OF 12:01 A.M. ON xx/xx/xx.

We are able to continue coverage on the remaining vehicle(s) on your policy.
Your updated policy documents will follow shortly. We regret that circumstances require this action and urge you to obtain other coverage on the 2024 TESLA CYBERTRUCK prior to xx,xx, 2024.”
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at the number below.
Many factors are likely at play when an insurance company stops covering an individual or a vehicle.

You might think the insurance company has deemed the driver unsafe because he/she has been in a lot of accidents or for some other reason; however, in Anderson’s case, he says he has an amazing record.

More importantly, Anderson has eight vehicles. GEICO is only choosing to terminate the insurance coverage from Cybertruck and is actively pursuing renewal of his vehicle coverage for the rest.

This leaves no doubt that GEICO’s issue is directly related to the Tesla Cybertruck and not to Anderson or other factors.

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nigga was like, “You gon be the only one wit one! :yes:“ I said, I swear I seent one around here before. Nigga talmbout 125,000 bands! I said, “Set dat shit off! I’m down!” BOOM!

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
“Come on down to Fuckt Auto and take a look at the neeeew Tesla Cyber Truck. This one has white interior. We wanna put you in one so people are laughing at you IMMEDIATELY! Call us at 1-800-GAY-WHIP!”

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
As a person in the industry, I’d venture to say the average Cybertruck owner is probably well to do and has multiple policies with them. I can imagine them losing more money/business in policies with this move than they would saving on whatever cost associated with the small population of Cybertruck owners. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited: