Ghostbusters: Afterlife (2020) (7/27/2021) (discussion thread) (Now Drops 11/19/2021) (Trailer 3 10/18/2021)

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Man I’m there before day one....

Was that the gatekeeper or the keymaster!! Jesus can’t wait...

I really hope that these are Spanglers ... and that they show that egon purchased rays farm after the team broke up.

I also wouldn’t be opposed if they show that they are Venkman’s and they show that the kids dads name was Oscar.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
If you look at these kids... I just feel like they have to be Egons grandkids. I mean look at their hair.

I mean they could be Ray’s grandkids.... cause of the obvious farm connection but I feel like you have a great chance to Honor Harold Ramis and those that grew up on Ghostbusters by making this a story about Egon.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
I'll keep my eyes on this. Looks promising

FZF4TW.jpg

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
why so serious LOL!...that dark tone of the trailer

i expect the next trailer to be more upbeat and highlight the comedy....probably start of with "ina world" and then a bunch of guitar riffs...

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
:lol: …. I'm in …. just as long as it isn't an all female version again

Interesting
first thing that I thought as I watched it
why so serious LOL!...that dark tone of the trailer

i expect the next trailer to be more upbeat and highlight the comedy....probably start of with "ina world" and then a bunch of guitar riffs...
I kept expecting the Ghostbuster theme to start blasting at any moment

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
I didn’t see Dan Akroyld, Bill Murray or Ernie Hudson in the trailer.

Which means they ain’t in the movie. A guest cameo ain’t gonna do it for me.

It’s obvious they are trying to make this appeal to a young audience who did not grow up watching the movies and cartoons.

I’ll wait for this to be on HBO.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Promising.

Looks gritty. I don’t mind if it’s not a comedy.

3 of the 4 originals are still alive, so hopefully that have appearances in this film.

I am going to miss it not being in Manhattan though.

Everyone is confirmed to make an appearance except for Harold ramis and rick moranis..

I really really wish that Rick would come out of retirement for this...

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

It’s obvious they are trying to make this appeal to a young audience who did not grow up watching the movies and cartoons.

They are in the movie fam..... I dropped that info in the main thread on this movie...

Everyone is coming back... except Harold and Ramis.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
They are in the movie fam..... I dropped that info in the main thread on this movie...

Everyone is coming back... except Harold and Ramis.

Being they are not in the trailer, they probably have small cameos with so little screen time, if they put them in the trailer, you would see their whole scenes in from the movie and have nothing to look forward too.

That’s probably why they left them out of the trailer.

ArsenalCannon357

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Remember this is trailer 1 They aren't going to put something that monumental out there right out of the gate. If it were cameos Murray wouldn't have signed on.