Ghostbusters: Afterlife (2020) (7/27/2021) (discussion thread) (Now Drops 11/19/2021) (Trailer 3 10/18/2021)

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If you look at these kids... I just feel like they have to be Egons grandkids. I mean look at their hair.

I mean they could be Ray’s grandkids.... cause of the obvious farm connection but I feel like you have a great chance to Honor Harold Ramis and those that grew up on Ghostbusters by making this a story about Egon.

Seeing as he is the only one dead, I think they're gonna write him as the dead grandparent

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
If you look at these kids... I just feel like they have to be Egons grandkids. I mean look at their hair.

I mean they could be Ray’s grandkids.... cause of the obvious farm connection but I feel like you have a great chance to Honor Harold Ramis and those that grew up on Ghostbusters by making this a story about Egon.
they showed his name on that outfit right

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
definitely look like slimer and ant man look like he about to get got by the keymaster dog

YUP

and this looks Dark with tinges of humor

almost like Ghostbusters meet Stranger things.

its FLOODED with Easter eggs...

and like you said I see slimer keymaster dog the old raps the car the proton packs the hair the glasses...

looks like they ticking all the boxes.

So ummm

@fonzerrillii the female ghostbusters OFFICIALLY never existed?

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
YUP

and this looks Dark with tinges of humor

almost like Ghostbusters meet Stranger things.

its FLOODED with Easter eggs...

and like you said I see slimer keymaster dog the old raps the car the proton packs the hair the glasses...

looks like they ticking all the boxes.

So ummm

@fonzerrillii the female ghostbusters OFFICIALLY never existed?
what are female ghostbusters? Sounds like a blade 3 fantasy

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
what are female ghostbusters? Sounds like a blade 3 fantasy

giphy.gif

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Being they are not in the trailer, they probably have small cameos with so little screen time, if they put them in the trailer, you would see their whole scenes in from the movie and have nothing to look forward too.

That’s probably why they left them out of the trailer.

It’s just a teaser trailer fam....

Thank god that they aren’t showing them in this ....

That’s also why they didn’t give away the kids last name... you have to save some shit.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
It's like you almost gotta erase the originals and just take this as a complete offshoot of the foundation.

Looks good, but without the comedy, with kids, going under the earth, almost feels like I'm watching The Goonies (without comedy) in a sense.

If my son wants to go see it in the movies when it comes out then cool, if not, this may just have to wait til it shows up in the basement.

:: my two cents ::

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
cacs always with that lowkey bullshit.. homie said new york in the 80's was the walkin dead..

get the fuck outta here, thats when all the crackers fled nyc.. and that shit was freer than a muthafucka... it was so free its the era hip hop broke loose...and shook up the world..

nyc is fuckin walkin dead NOW with all the cacs moving back in...

type of movie Id watch... if I was chillin with my nephew or nieices...

looks well produced I just aint feelin it..

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
cacs always with that lowkey bullshit.. homie said new york in the 80's was the walkin dead..

get the fuck outta here, thats when all the crackers fled nyc.. and that shit was freer than a muthafucka... it was so free its the era hip hop broke loose...and shook up the world..

ehhh did you actually see the first Ghostbusters? Actually the first 2? NYC literally got hit with 2 major ghost infiltration in both of those movies which were in the 80s... That's what he meant by walking dead... It was ghost everywhere in those movies

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

What the hell are you talking about...

he was referencing all the ghosts that kept appearing in Ghostbusters 1 and 2...

Alot of Ghosts = walking dead.

What does this have to Do with Race!!

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
ehhh did you actually see the first Ghostbusters? Actually the first 2? NYC literally got hit with 2 major ghost infiltration in both of those movies which were in the 80s... That's what he meant by walking dead... It was ghost everywhere in those movies

Fam I was reading that shit like

:hithead:

I don’t even know how to comprehend that comment....BGoL just never ceases to amaze me

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What the hell are you talking about...

he was referencing all the ghosts that kept appearing in Ghostbusters 1 and 2...

Alot of Ghosts = walking dead.

What does this have to Do with Race!!

tallblack beat you to it.. so I get the point on that level....

I also know those were the years of wyte flight and benign neglect in nyc... on another level..

but its not relevant on the level of this conversation..

so carry on good fella

3mpimp

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Man you don't think Winston ain't got no skin in the game? :lol:
Nah perhaps the melanin rich sista at the beginning may be his progeny.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
GHOSTBUSTERS: AFTERLIFE 2020

Finn Wolfhard again ventures on this Horror and mystery filled movie where they are in a hunt for a ghost after they are forced into a small town in their grandparents house in the middle of nowhere.

This was suppose to be one of the summer blockbusters scheduled to be released.

They have now pushed out it's release to March 5th, 2021.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Hasbro's Real Ghostbusters Ghost Popper Is a Throwback in the Best Ways
Hasbro's line of re-releases is bringing back one classic Real Ghostbusters roleplay toy in a big way, whether you're a kid or a kid at heart.

BY CHRISTOPHER BAGGETT4 DAYS AGO

ghost-popper-feature-header.jpg

If I regret anything from when I was a kid, it’s that at some point, I decided I had outgrown my Ghostbusters toys. I had the full range, including the classic Proton Pack and Trap, but I just decided I was too old for them; this was long before I knew I could decorate my office with various collectibles and toys.

Fortunately, I may get another chance to own these toys. We’ve been slowly getting reissues of The Real Ghostbusters line, including the four Ghostbusters themselves, alongside Slimer and Stay Puft. But for actually catching those ghosts, you’re going to need a Ghost Popper, which Hasbro sent to CBR to review.

ghost-popper-packaging.jpg

The Ghost Popper is a call back to a simpler time when all you needed for a roleplay toy was a simple plunger mechanic and some foam darts. The foam darts themselves took me back right away; with everyone trying to replicate Nerf these days, you can’t really find anything made of this same classic, hard foam anymore.

The Ghost Popper is packaged in a retro box with the classic The Real Ghostbusters logo, which you may have seen in our recent unboxing video. Included on the back are some cardboard targets of Slimer and Stay Puft you can cut out, which are perfect for practicing your aim. The packaging itself is a box with a cut-out to give you a good look at the Popper, though you obviously won’t be able to try out the action features in the box.

ghost-popper.jpg

The Popper works on a simple plunger mechanic. The body itself is a solid chunk of plastic with a handle sticking out the back; insert one of the poppers into the barrel and pull back on the handle to arm the plunger. An orange gradient accent on the interior simulates a “charging” effect, as well as letting you know you’re cocked back all the way. Then just push the plunger forward to fire. It’s elegant in its simplicity, and we got some great range just firing it down the hallway. The darts fired a good 8-10 feet without putting in too much effort and were surprisingly accurate when aimed at the Playskool Heroes Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

If you’re a collector, there’s not anything to watch out for in variations. The Ghost Popper body is a solid piece of blue plastic, with a Ghostbusters logo sticker on either side of the body. Orange pieces in the barrel and interior hide the Popper’s plunger mechanism, which is activated by pulling and pushing on the handle, a separate piece of molded gray plastic. All the color from this piece stems from molded plastic, so there are no paint apps to watch out for.

The Ghost Popper definitely seems to be aimed at the adult collector rather than kids; in an era where dart guns have gotten more complicated and feature enriched, the Popper is a clear throwback to an earlier time. But it’s still an interesting toy, and kids who are fond of the Ghostbusters franchise may eat this one up just because it’s got the logo on it. Adult fans will be more than happy, though, to find this piece of nostalgia looks and feels exactly like they remember, making it an excellent addition to any collection.