GOTHAM: New 'young' Batman - themed series on FOX

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
None of yall caught last nights ep? really wish they could've gave us more eps this final season, series finale next week

It was outstanding

but felt a tad bit rushed I think the final episode should have been a two parter.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@largebillsonlyplease

Gotham boss is "hopeful" about Catwoman spin-off after series finale

Please make it happen, Fox.

BY RIANNE HOUGHTON
26/04/2019
gotham-selina-kyle-finale-1555978875.jpg

FOXWARNER BROS.
Note: This article contains spoilers for the series (!) finale of Gotham.

After five seasons of incredible – and sometimes frustrating – build-up, last night (April 25), Gotham finally introduced fans to the superheroes they've all been waiting for.

While the climax of the finale was undoubtedly the arrival (or return) of Bruce Wayne as the Batman, and Jeremiah's terrifying full descent into 'Joker' was satisfying, there was one moment between Catwoman and Bruce that was especially intriguing.

Reflecting on an older Selina confronting Bruce over his disappearance from Gotham City ("I didn't want to be protected, I wanted you!"), showrunner John Stephens hinted to TVLine that there's a lot of potential in Catwoman's years without the Bat.

gotham-bruce-wayne-1-1555719650.jpg

FOX
Related: 8 loose ends that Gotham needs to tie up before the series ends

When asked if Gotham was setting up plans for a Catwoman series, Stephens teased: "I don't know that [the idea was] planted. I'd say... [we're] hopeful?"

A spin-off for Selina would of course make purrfect sense – after all, the show did go to the trouble of re-casting Camren Bicondova's role. *insert nine lives joke here*

ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Explaining the show's decision to bring Lili Simmons on board as Catwoman, Stephens told The Hollywood Reporter that it was actually Camren's idea.

1506439226-gotham-402-scn34-jn0380-hires1.jpg

Camren Bicondova as Selina Kyle
JEFF NEUMANN/FOX

"We talked a lot about what the finale was going to be, who Selina would be 10 years on, and [Camren] felt that she had played Selina as a character from 13-18 years old, and she didn't feel that she wanted to play her at 28.

"We respected her POV and went around looking for someone who both could fill the role and hopefully would bear some similarity to Cam."

A series all about Catwoman's life on the prowl in Gotham City? Count us in.

:idea:

I don't know...

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Gotham's showrunner explains Batman's role in the series finale

"The show had never been about Batman per se."

0a81bfbe-1026-4736-8d8a-d20144e2ec87_1551709595.png

BY SAM WARNER
27/04/2019
batman-gotham-season-5-trailer-1556094674.jpg

FOX
Gotham came to an end this week, and with it we got our first and only glimpse of Batman.

The finale, which was set 10 years after the events of the preceding episode, saw Bruce Wayne return to Gotham having completed his transformation into the Caped Crusader.

While he was teased in the episode, it wasn't until the final moments that we actually saw Batman (cape and all) on top of a building.

gotham-batman-1-1-1555719576.jpg

FOX
Speaking about the character's role in the episode, showrunner John Stephens explained to The Hollywood Reporter that the finale was always about the city rather than the individual.

"For us as writers and producers the show had never been about Batman per se, but rather about the city that created Batman, and that city is made up of the people who live in that city — Jim Gordon, Harvey Bullock, Alfred Pennyworth, Penguin, Nygma, Barbara, Lee Thompkins — and so by telling their story and where they are, 10 years on, we would be telling why Batman has to arrive at this specific point in time," he said.

gotham-gordon-ben-mckenzie-1556024510.jpg

WARNER BROS.
"This honestly is key to what made our show our show different from all previous shows and movies about the Batman story. Before it was always the story of Batman, he was front and center.

"And I do think we managed to tell the story of the creation of Batman, for that matter, and part of that story that hadn’t been told before.

RELATED STORY

Gotham finale's Batsuit is a 'best of' costume

"But when it came down to it, that wasn’t the focus, the focus was the city — a city of which young Bruce Wayne was a part and player — and so that’s what we tried to bring across."

Meanwhile, Stephens has also hinted at the possibility of a spin-off for Selina Kyle – aka Catwoman – admitting he's "hopeful" it will happen.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
'Gotham' Boss Explains Why Batman Was Barely in the Series Finale
gotham-publicity_still-h_2019_0.jpg

FOX

Gotham

DC TV Watch

READ MORE
DC TV Watch: 'Gotham' Introduces Batgirl in Penultimate Episode

A conversation earlier in the episode between an aged up Alfred and Lucius Fox (Chris Chalk) alerted viewers to the fact that Bruce had clued in his butler and friend to his plans to become Gotham's Batman, as well as his wishes to keep Gordon and everyone else in the dark. An older, recast Selina (now played by Lili Simmons) seemed to know exactly who was under the mask because of their complicated romantic history, which was clearly only just getting started, as evidenced from their heated exchange. But villains like Penguin (Robin Lord Taylor) and Riddler (Cory Michael Smith) had no idea they knew the man under the mask; they did know they were already afraid to go against him. And Jeremiah (Cameron Monaghan) had finally become the Joker, giddy that his "BFF" Bruce Wayne was finally returning home, and concocted a plan to blow up the new Wayne Tower in celebration. His plans were foiled by Gordon, Barbara (Erin Richards) and Selina all working together.

As a result of the 10-year flash-forward, Gotham's series finale Thursday felt more like an actual Batman movie than an episode of a Batman origin television series. All the characters were fully realized after five years of build up and teasing, and the stage was finally set for Batman's debut. The Hollywood Reporter connected with Gotham executive producer John Stephens — who was traveling internationally and was only available via email — to break down how he brought the series finale to life, explain why Batman was barely in the episode and more below.

READ MORE
DC TV Watch: Erin Richards Reveals 'Gotham' Series Finale Redemption Arc

Why did you decide to make the series finale take place entirely 10 years in the future? How long have you known this would be the ending for the series?

From very early going we knew that the series would end with Gordon looking up and seeing Batman above him. We were telling the story about the city that created Batman, and we were telling it primarily through the eyes of Jim Gordon, the man who was there at the beginning, and without whom, in our eyes, Batman would not have existed. So it felt narratively right that the series would end with Jim looking up and seeing Batman.

The idea to place almost the whole episode 10 years in the future actually came pretty late. For a long time, we were planning that we would just have part of the finale in the future. Perhaps just the last act. But then we came to realize a couple of things. One was that we couldn’t tell the end of the season five story of "No Man’s Land" and the arrival of Batman in the same episode. Both were huge stories that didn’t necessarily fit into each other story wise. So we split them apart. Then once we started looking at the arrival of Batman as a story by itself, we realized how much we required to get us there — how to tell the story that this was the time the Batman had to show up, so that it felt like a necessary part of the story and not just punctuation. So we needed a full episode.

And then there was the fact of the rest of these characters with whom we had spent five years. We wanted to see where Penguin, Nygma, Barbara, Harvey, Alfred, Jim and Lee [Morena Baccarin] all were 10 years on. It took time.

The finale ultimately felt more like a Batman movie than an episode of television — what was the biggest challenge in bringing that expanded scope to life?

It’s hard to say that there was any one thing — jumping 10 years into the future we had to look at every single character (and we have a lot of them) and say, okay, what’s happened to them over the past 10 years, where have they been, how has it affected them, and then develop and design new looks for them which our hair and make-up and wardrobe team did exceptionally well, but it was a lot of work. Then we had to decide and design what Gotham looked like 10 years on. And then, and this may indeed have been the biggest practical challenge, we had to sell Batman. And the bar for that is extremely high. Audiences are used to the 100 million dollar big screen version of Batman, what he looks like, what he can do. So we had that in mind as the world we were trying to live inside.

READ MORE
DC TV Watch: How 'Gotham' Inched Closer to Batman's Arrival

You took two different approaches when it came to aging up the two youngest characters — Mazouz still provided the face and voice for Bruce with another, taller actor playing the body but Camren Bicondova was recast with an older actress for Catwoman. Where did the decision come from to cast someone new as Selina?

Recasting Selina for the finale was really a decision driven by Cam. We talked a lot about what the finale was going to be, who Selina would be 10 years on, and she felt that she had played Selina as a character from 13-18 years old, and she didn’t feel that she wanted to play her at 28. And so we respected her POV and went around looking for someone who both could fill the role and hopefully would bear some similarity to Cam and by a stroke of incredible good fortune we got Lili Simmons who is an incredible actress and looks like she could be Cam’s sister.

What did you want to achieve by pulling back on showing Bruce and instead relying on the other cast of characters for the entire episode?

For us as writers and producers the show had never been about Batman per se, but rather about the city that created Batman, and that city is made up of the people who live in that city — Jim Gordon, Harvey Bullock, Alfred Pennyworth, Penguin, Nygma, Barbara, Lee Thompkins — and so by telling their story and where they are, 10 years on, we would be telling why Batman has to arrive at this specific point in time.

This honestly is key to what made our show our show different from all previous shows and movies about the Batman story. Before it was always the story of Batman, he was front and center. And I do think we managed to tell the story of the creation of Batman, for that matter, and part of that story that hadn’t been told before. But when it came down to it, that wasn’t the focus, the focus was the city — a city of which young Bruce Wayne was a part and player — and so that’s what we tried to bring across.

READ MORE
DC TV Watch: How 'Gotham's' Final Season Sets Up Batman's Beginning

How much did you pull from the comics and other Batman films that came before to create this new version of Batman canon?

I would say the biggest single inspiration was [Frank] Miller’s Batman: Year One.

What is the final feeling or message you hope fans are left with by the time the credits roll?

I would hope that viewers who have watched the show, especially viewers who watched it all and lived for five years alongside the characters, that for them, this version of the show and these characters have become part of the canon. That in the future when they imagine the Penguin, they’ll think of Robin Lord Taylor, when they think of the Riddler, they’ll think of Cory Michael Smith, and the same for all our cast. We had this incredible gift of being able to be part of this tradition of this character and this world and I would like to think that we added to that.

Was there anything you wanted to include in the finale that you couldn't fit into the story or had to be cut for any reason?

Honestly no. It’s more that I can’t believe how much we managed to get into the finale. When I watch it, I’m sort of agog, like, "Did we really do that?"

What are you most excited for fans to see from the series finale?

That if they’ve been watching all this time, their five year, one hundred episode investment has been rewarded, that the show, every episode, all the characters have been driving to this moment, that it feels like both an end and a beginning.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/gotham/64912/gotham-season-5-episode-12-review-the-beginning

Gotham season 5 episode 12 review: The Beginning…
The Gotham series finale catches up with everyone in the near future in a fitting, if imperfect, send-off. Spoilers ahead...
gotham-season-5-episode-12-the-beginning.jpg

REVIEW
Marc Buxton
Apr 26, 2019

This review contains spoilers.

SEE RELATED
Gotham season 5 episode 11 review: They Did What?
Gotham season 5 episode 10 review: I Am Bane
Gotham season 5 episode 9 review: The Trial Of Jim Gordon
5.12 The Beginning...

Here we are, at the end of our Gotham journey. Gotham has been many different shows over the years: a messy panoply of styles that sometimes frustrated, sometimes delighted, but almost always entertained. Last week, the end of the No Man’s Land arc and the end of our present day Gotham excursion could have been a suitable final episode.

The denouement was strong, Gordon and the GCPD victorious over Bane and Nyssa Al Ghul, Riddler and Penguin swearing to become criminal anarchists, Bruce Wayne leaving Gotham City to begin his dark destiny, and Selina Kyle tragically abandoned by the young man she had grown to love. The episode put a nice bow on all the current Gotham arcs, but this week, we have a Bat-centric epilogue that dots all the Is and crosses all the Ts, but seems too dutiful to a paint by numbers agenda to really be as effective as last week’s 'shoulda been coulda been' finale.

Things kick off with Bruce on his voyage. This is the only time we see the young Mazouz all episode as we are forced to say goodbye to the perfect young Bruce without a by-your-leave. Young Bruce says, “When Gotham needs me, I will return,” as Bruce begins his training in some Ra’s Al Ghul-looking country. Bruce is sure to have an adventure we are not privy to but would make for a heck of a spin-off. Are you listening, DC Universe?

From there, things transition to ten years after the end of No Man’s Land as we greet Jim Gordon and his moustache. Through some clunky exposition we learn that Bruce Wayne is returning to Gotham and Wayne Towers is set to reopen after its reconstruction - and how is Mayor James still in office? Anyway, Gordon is getting ready to quit now that the true scum of Gotham has been taken off the streets and red tape and politics have become the order of the day. And oh, that moustache. It’s divine.

Speaking of the scum of Gotham, Penguin is getting out of Blackgate as Gotham City prepares to welcome Bruce Wayne home. The Penguin stuff is where this finale truly shines; there’s just not enough of it. The first Penguin sequence features Oswald gearing up in his traditional Penguin garb complete with World War I era top hat and jaunty monocle. True to the comic, Oswald has put on some weight and looks like he stepped right out of a Jerry Robinson drawing. I think we’ve all been waiting for Oswald to go full Penguin, and man, does the look just make him worthy of the Burgess Meredith legacy.

While Penguin is released from Blackgate, Riddler is in Arkham, sharing a day room with a still comatose Jeremiah. Jeremiah must endure the abuses of guards and inmates and even gets stabbed in the leg by Riddler. The tongue-in-cheek way Gotham has portrayed mental health in general has always been questionable and here we are going out on a low note. Somehow, Riddler is abducted and Jeremiah is rescued by Ecco Harley as things set up for our villainous finale.

Everything is just kind of going through the motions at this point, but wait, there’s some good a-coming. We are introduced to a hero of tomorrow, the purple-clad, brown-haired, ten year-old Barbara Gordon! Hey look, another spin-off idea! I would watch the bejeezus out of a show starring a young Babs Gordon and her brainy pals solving crime in a pre-Batman Gotham City.

Along with the future Batgirl, we are reintroduced to a seemingly legit, red-headed Barbara Kean. She is now a tycoon and building up the old Sirens clock tower into a high rise to rival Wayne Enterprises. It’s funny; when Gotham first began, I couldn’t stand Barbara Kean. Everything she did (including the affair with Renee Montoya, remember that?) seemed forced. Barbara was like a shell-shocked cat just plodding through forced scene after forced scene. Now, Barbara Kean is really the biggest and best contribution that Gotham made to the Bat mythos. I would love to see criminal mastermind turned entrepreneur Barbara introduced into the comics as a love interest and foil to both Jim Gordon and Batgirl. She’s that damn cool. And now, in this finale, Barbara Kean has luxurious long red hair, a look that daughter Babs will rock while fighting crime in the future. A very nice touch.

Things seem healthy between Gordon, Barbara Kean, and little Barbara, and things also seem healthy between Lee and Gordon. Man, little Babs has two awesome mothers, huh? No wonder she grows up into a heroic icon! Sadly, the moustache is gone as Jimbo shaves the lip caterpillar, but Lee hasn’t aged a minute. Wouldn’t it be awesome if Lee also had a moustache and no one mentioned it?

gotham_finale_catwoman.jpg

Gordon, Lee, and both Barbaras seem very happy in this ten-years-later Gotham, but Selina Kyle, now played by Lili Simmons is still reeling from being abandoned by Bruce Wayne. And my God, does Simmons look like an adult Camren Bicondova! I know it was Bicondova’s choice not to play the adult Selina, but after all these years, I wish we'd had a final moment with the brilliant young actor. Replacing Bicondova in the finale would be like replacing Maisie Williams as Arya Stark in the final installment of Game Of Thrones. That’s not to take anything away from Simmons who is full on Catwoman in the Gotham finale, doing the whole 'avoid the lasers and steal the diamond' bit. Again, I would love to see more of Simmons’ Selina Kyle somewhere. Batwoman? Hello? CW?

There really is no A-plot this week as we are treated to little final vignettes showing us where our cast has landed. But there is an attempt at one as Harvey is on the case trying to find the recently on-the-lamb Riddler. Bullock stumbles into a trap as a cop is forced into committing suicide, framing Bullock for his murder. With Riddler seemingly out and about, Penguin suits up in the classic Penguin garb. And boy, does he look good. I really need to see both Robin Taylor and Cory Michael Smith as proper rogues somewhere as the fully realised villains. Once again I plead to the talents behind the coming Batwoman? Which all brings us to our first encounter between Gordon and a certain Caped Crusader; it’s all very reminiscent of Batman’s smoky appearances in Tim Burton’s 1989 Batman. And if I’m all over the place, so is the episode.

From first encounters to callbacks as Gordon and Penguin end up back at that fateful pier where Gordon failed to kill Penguin so long ago. Now we’re getting to something! If Gotham has been anything it has been a long form look into the stories of Oswald Cobblepot and Jim Gordon. The show truly began with the confrontation between the future Penguin and Gordon on that pier, when Carmine Falcone ordered Gordon to kill Oswald, then, just the umbrella boy for Fish Mooney. Now, we’re back on that pier as Penguin has the gun on Gordon. Now, both men have transformed into their iconic selves and the contrast between the not yet evolved season one is striking. Gordon escapes Penguin as the top-hatted villain screams his dismay, but that sequence was fun and reminds one how far we and the show has come.

Riddler has plans of his own as he tries to blow up Wayne Tower and the Mayor but he is stopped. It becomes clear that he had nothing to do with the Bullock framing. We also have our first instance of Alfred making excuses for disappearing from a function, which is in one way cute as heck but in another way, it reduces Alfred (and Lucius Fox) to background characters in Gordon’s drama. We’ve spent too much time with Alfred not to get a check in on what his life is like without Bruce. There’s just too much Bat service in lieu of character service happening in this finale and we’ve been with these characters too long for this.

And as we all figured, it all comes down to Jeremiah, who still isn’t called Joker! So Jeremiah’s existence in Arkham consisted of being beaten, stabbed, burned, abused, and humiliated while he was in a vegetative state. And it was all part of his plan. Jeremiah was faking and when he hears that Bruce is back, Jeremiah simply stands up and puts his plan into action. Okay, that’s kind of badass. Not flinching while being stabbed in the leg so he can enact his long game. That’s very Jeremiah. That’s very Joker.

Not only does this episode serve as a precursor to Batman, but the Birds of Prey as well as the ending sees Jeremiah shooting (not fatally) Barbara Kean and abducting Barbara Gordon from the clock tower. First off, comic fans know the clock tower becomes the future HQ of Batgirl and her Birds of Prey, but in this finale, the future Batgirl witnesses the arrival of Batman. Jeremiah takes little Babs to Ace Chemical, the place where the Joker was born. A confrontation with Gordon follows where Batman easily makes the save. And little Barbara witnesses it all. She sees the birth of heroism and you can almost palpably feel the Bat legacy pass to little Babs. It’s very appropriate that Barbara represents the heroic linage of Bruce Wayne, Jim Gordon, Lee Thompkins, and Barbara Kean and those legacies will make her into a legend. Really, this finale does not succeed on many levels, but boy would it work as the intro to Batgirl.

As all this plays out, we have our answer on whether Ecco is actually Harley, and the answer is no as Jeremiah shoots Harley while proclaiming there’ll never be another like her. Nice little irony there, but for five years, Harley had been teased, and we’re left with a cute little wink and nod.

gotham_season_5_batman_poster_0.jpg

With Jeremiah easily defeated, I can’t help being a little disappointed that the finale was really all about the Joker and not Penguin and Riddler, the villains we have followed for five years. I know you can’t fit everything, but there was no Scarecrow, Poison Ivy, Mister Freeze, or Victor Zsasz, character we have spent a great deal of time with over the years. Hey, remember when Harvey Dent was a thing on Gotham? That didn’t last, huh?

But it is Penguin and Riddler who get short thrift. They are left cowering on a street corner after the spy Batman’s shadow. They are left as punchline and we never really get a wrap up to any of their character arcs other than that they become kind of dopey and evil. Selina gets a fun little farewell as Batman pays Catwoman a visit. She pours her heart out and screams at him for leaving her, but also says that he inspired her to greatness. Batman, from the shadows, asks her to return the diamond. Now, that perfectly encapsulates the Bat and Cat relationship.

We’re at the end; it’s time to say goodbye. And there were some surprises. We all probably thought Barbara Kean had to die, but she came too far to just be shunted off so the heroic journeys of Batgirl and Gordon can continue. We end with Gordon and Bullock turning on the signal and Batman’s arrival. It’s all a bit awkward as this Batman is kind of skinny faced and the episode treats us to the most undramatic shot of Batman possible. During the press for this final season, the brain trust of Gotham promised we wouldn’t simply get the Smallville flyby; we would get the full Batman. Well, we did and not much more as the finale was more focused on filling out columns then it was finding clever and memorable resolutions to character stories we’ve spent five years watching unfold. Instead, we are left with a bit of cosplay and dramatic music.

But that shouldn’t be Gotham’s legacy. The legacy should be a daring, oftentimes punch-drunk series that played by its own rules and presented some unexpected and unforgettable takes on some comic book legends. It featured an excellent cast that we all fell in love with. It was a mish mash of styles and stories that didn’t always stick the landing, but damn, was Gotham earnest. So even though the finale disappointed, here’s to Gotham, a series like no other, and one that I wish would continue in the myriad Bat television projects to come. So good luck, Batwoman. Good luck, Pennyworth. You have a… unique legacy to live up to.

Last edited:

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
i know they didnt wanna spend on the suit cuz he literally was only gonna b wearing it for a minute but dam shit look cheesy ...

1c5a381208299574.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Morena Baccarin expecting her second child with husband Ben McKenzie

Morena Baccarin showed off her growing baby bump during Friday's episode of The Talk
By Gabrielle Chung
December 11, 2020 at 08:02 PM EST

ADVERTISEMENT
SaveFBTweetMore
Ben McKenzie and Morena Baccarin

| CREDIT: NOAM GALAI/WIREIMAGE
Morena Baccarin's family is getting a little bigger!
The Deadpool star, 41, announced that she is expecting her second child with her husband Ben McKenzie on Friday, showing off her growing baby bump during her appearance on The Talk.
The big reveal came when Baccarin was asked about a photo she had previously posted on her Instagram of McKenzie, 42, wearing colorful nail polish and several pieces of costume jewelry.
"Look, times have changed. What we now call date night is being able to take a walk outside together," Baccarin — who shares 4-year-old daughter Frances Laiz with the actor — said. "Ben very cleverly found a way to get them involved by asking Frances to help him get ready for the date. I don't think he was expecting the blue nail polish and the bracelets and everything, but I think it looks good on him."

After co-host Carrie Ann Inaba remarked that Baccarin was "glowing," the actress stood up to reveal her baby bump, saying, "I think that date was pretty successful."

RELATED: Morena Baccarin Jokes Ben McKenzie Won't Age 'This Year' in Birthday Tribute: '2020 Doesn't Count'
This will be the third child for Baccarin and the second for McKenzie. Baccarin is also mom to 7-year-old son Julius from her previous relationship with director Austin Chick.
In September, McKenzie shared the photo of her and McKenzie's "parent date night" she was asked about on The Talk.
"Parent date night = the 4 yr old makes you 'fancy' " he captioned on Instagram.

Baccarin also posted the same shot from her account, writing, "When your four year old gets you ready for a date night."

The couple married on June 2, 2017 — Baccarin's 38th birthday — in a private ceremony at the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens in Brooklyn, New York.
In 2018, Baccarin told PEOPLE that McKenzie has been nothing but a great parent to both of her children.
"It’s wonderful to watch him every day with our kids," she said. "I couldn’t ask for a better partner."
RELATED: Morena Baccarin Says Husband and Costar Ben Mckenzie 'Knows Who's Boss' on Gotham Set
Earlier this year, Baccarin wished her husband a happy birthday, joking that his age won't change because "2020 doesn’t count."
"Happy birthday my love!! 2020 doesn’t count so you don’t age this year," she wrote on Instagram on September 12, McKenzie's 42nd birthday, sharing a photo of herself kissing the actor on the cheek.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Morena Baccarin recalls her first encounter with future husband Ben McKenzie on set of The O.C.

By Sydney Bucksbaum
June 28, 2020 at 11:00 AM EDT

Watch the full episode of Couch Surfing streaming now on PeopleTV.com, or download the PeopleTV app on your favorite device.
"If at first you don't succeed, try again" is a great strategy for meeting your future husband. Just ask Morena Baccarin!
When Baccarin stopped by PeopleTV's Couch Surfing to talk about some of her past roles, she was reminded of her time on The O.C. in which she met her future husband Ben McKenzie for the first time... and sparks didn't fly. It actually took their second time working on the same TV show, when she joined his Fox series Gotham, for them to fall in love.
PAID CONTENT
The Truth About Multivitamins
Spoiler: Not all vitamins are the same.
From Centrum
"Oh my God, I'm such a baby in that!" Baccarin says with a laugh while watching a scene of hers on The O.C. "I joke with Ben all the time, my husband, that if he had just paid attention to me when I was doing episodes of his TV show, he could have had me in my prime."

Baccarin, who stars up in the upcoming disaster thriller Greenland (out Aug. 14), didn't share any major scenes with McKenzie while on The O.C., but thinks their characters "crossed paths at a party at some point."
"But no, we never acted together," she adds.

And it turns out she also tried to stop by his trailer to meet him but he apparently blew her off. "I really just honestly wanted to say hello and meet him," she says. "And he doesn't even remember the encounter so that just goes to show you how far below the scale I was at this point."

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
i know they didnt wanna spend on the suit cuz he literally was only gonna b wearing it for a minute but dam shit look cheesy ...

1c5a381208299574.jpg
This suit may end up getting re-used if the CW ever plans to bring Batman into the Arrowverse :lol:

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
@largebillsonlyplease

Gotham boss is "hopeful" about Catwoman spin-off after series finale

Please make it happen, Fox.

BY RIANNE HOUGHTON
26/04/2019
gotham-selina-kyle-finale-1555978875.jpg

FOXWARNER BROS.
Note: This article contains spoilers for the series (!) finale of Gotham.

After five seasons of incredible – and sometimes frustrating – build-up, last night (April 25), Gotham finally introduced fans to the superheroes they've all been waiting for.

While the climax of the finale was undoubtedly the arrival (or return) of Bruce Wayne as the Batman, and Jeremiah's terrifying full descent into 'Joker' was satisfying, there was one moment between Catwoman and Bruce that was especially intriguing.

Reflecting on an older Selina confronting Bruce over his disappearance from Gotham City ("I didn't want to be protected, I wanted you!"), showrunner John Stephens hinted to TVLine that there's a lot of potential in Catwoman's years without the Bat.

gotham-bruce-wayne-1-1555719650.jpg

FOX
Related: 8 loose ends that Gotham needs to tie up before the series ends

When asked if Gotham was setting up plans for a Catwoman series, Stephens teased: "I don't know that [the idea was] planted. I'd say... [we're] hopeful?"

A spin-off for Selina would of course make purrfect sense – after all, the show did go to the trouble of re-casting Camren Bicondova's role. *insert nine lives joke here*

Explaining the show's decision to bring Lili Simmons on board as Catwoman, Stephens told The Hollywood Reporter that it was actually Camren's idea.

1506439226-gotham-402-scn34-jn0380-hires1.jpg

Camren Bicondova as Selina Kyle
JEFF NEUMANN/FOX

"We talked a lot about what the finale was going to be, who Selina would be 10 years on, and [Camren] felt that she had played Selina as a character from 13-18 years old, and she didn't feel that she wanted to play her at 28.

"We respected her POV and went around looking for someone who both could fill the role and hopefully would bear some similarity to Cam."

A series all about Catwoman's life on the prowl in Gotham City? Count us in.

:idea:

I don't know...

They must have cancelled it because I haven't heard nothing about it....

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
speaking of sexy ...

f23ec5749da60415b36442366b91ac4a.gif

jessica%2Blucas3e.gif

shits on every female on that show....

i tuned in especially for the cleavage shots.... :sleazy:

show runners knew what they were doing ....give that man or woman a raise that picked out the outfits....:money:

tumblr_oreqm1VHQv1qathlso2_250.gif

tumblr_oqzurySzY01sffphdo1_400.gif

giphy.gif

AnotherNearGraywolf-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_nvt332r15W1rp74xfo3_250.gif

giphy.gif
....3-some...:fucking:

tumblr_nw4ssjxrWE1tzi6rfo1_500.gif

UnconsciousNaturalAustralianfreshwatercrocodile-size_restricted.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

58a6072841ab9.jpg

gotham_s02e01_jessica_lucas.jpg

She was sexy ass hell on the show. Me watching the clips on youtube made me think about her...

:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove: