Gov. Wes Moore on the power of BLACK HISTORY

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
you may as well have just hit the space bar a bunch of times
Man, you really should have never addressed me in the first place. All you really wanted to say is that your family knew him & that has nothing to do with nothing. I don't care about your perceived closeness to him.

Last edited:

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
Man, you really should have never addressed me in the first place. All you really wanted to say is that your family knew him & that has nothing to do with nothing. I don't care about your perceived closeness to him.
Felt that one coming from the first response lol

I just corrected you. Nobody cares that I know him. But it mattered to me (in the moment) that you couldn't control your impulse to throw baseless dirt on one of ours doing good out here.

Get ahold of yourself nigga.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Felt that one coming from the first response lol

I just corrected you. Nobody cares that I know him. But it mattered to me (in the moment) that you couldn't control your impulse to throw baseless dirt on one of ours doing good out here.

Get ahold of yourself nigga.
You corrected nobody, you tried correcting me when I said establishment money was behind him and you said that you already know that so make it make sense! You basically are going back and forth with me about nothing.

You must be bored or something. Tip for you, logoff and, hey, for fun go to your local dead mall or something.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Hopefully we can just reset here! No need for sniping at each other!

They are trying to make him OBAMA 2.0...
Wes making himself.
Nahhh.....he has establishment money behind him, don't be naive.....
everyone has money behind them

how do you think this works?

and lol @ naive

he's been a friend of the family for like over 20 years and i did my first work with him probably 10 years ago. you just out here guessing and speculating.

So it seems that you both agree that he has establishment money behind him, you just disagree as to what "making himself" means.

The amount of time SJ and his people have known him is relevant to "Obama 2.0"-- Somebody who knew Moore before Obama was even someone to emulate can speak knowledgably about whether he is his own person or a rebrand.

But everyone watching his moves in public life is not just "guessing and speculating"-- A lot of people were making themselves before they sold out. Some would say that's what Obama did. And knowing Obama in the 90s and being able to speak to his character wasn't essential to judging his presidency, who he surrounded himself with, and who he was really working for.

WBF, I'd be interested to know what establishment money and ties specifically inform your opinion.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

So it seems that you both agree that he has establishment money behind him, you just disagree as to what "making himself" means.

The amount of time SJ and his people have known him is relevant to "Obama 2.0"-- Somebody who knew Wes before Obama was even someone to emulate can speak knowledgably about whether he is his own person or a rebrand.

But everyone watching his moves in public life is not just "guessing and speculating"-- A lot of people were making themselves before they sold out. Some would say that's what Obama did. And knowing Obama in the 90s and being able to speak to his character wasn't essential to judging his presidency, who he surrounded himself with, and who he was really working for.

WBF, I'd be interested to know what establishment money and ties specifically inform your opinion.
I am not funded by the establishment so it does not inform my opinion in any way. The only PAC money I have is what I paid for old TuPAC CDs back in the day.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
I am not funded by the establishment so it does not inform my opinion in any way. The only PAC money I have is what I paid for old TuPAC CDs back in the day.

SJ depicted you as "throwing baseless dirt on one of ours doing good out here." I was trying to give you a chance to demonstrate a basis and it seems like you don't have one.

I was asking what establishment money and ties Wes Moore has that inform your opinion of him. :hithead:

Why did you call him Obama 2.0 and in what way is he establishment?

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Disappointed by this response... SJ depicted you as "throwing baseless dirt on one of ours doing good out here." I was trying to give you a chance to demonstrate a basis and it seems like you don't have one.

Why did you call him Obama 2.0 and in what way is he establishment?
Continue to be disappointed then..... :dunno:

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
not enough applause for a speech that needs to be heard by all.....
I said the same thing.

pHMTtR.jpg

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
You corrected nobody, you tried correcting me when I said establishment money was behind him and you said that you already know that so make it make sense! You basically are going back and forth with me about nothing.

You must be bored or something. Tip for you, logoff and, hey, for fun go to your local dead mall or something.
Intellectually dishonest dodge about the intent behind both of our statements.

But you may just actually be dim.

Your jokes support the latter hypothesis but stick with me, you might learn something.

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member

I'll agree with the first part and say that the second is the only one that matters, if even that.

We grown, niggas know what's being said even when it's being said slick. The implication of his statement was that he was under the thumb of negative influence. I rebuffed the statement, while also presenting the idea that there is no such thing as campaign without financial backing. Two separate points.

A nigga was on some hater shit, plain and simple. And for no reason pending a substantive answer to your question.

Dude served in the military, and turned his intellect and charisma into a fruitful career. He's a good husband and dad and a generally cool nigga that's vocal and kinetic in his support of black causes and blackness. I'd have responded that way to anybody.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Intellectually dishonest dodge about the intent behind both of our statements.

But you may just actually be dim.

Your jokes support the latter hypothesis but stick with me, you might learn something.
I don't have all day to shoot the shit with you & your friend, if you don't agree with me so be it. Again, the only reason you responded to me was to brag about how you know him, that's all.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
I don't have all day to shoot the shit with you & your friend, if you don't agree with me so be it. Again, the only reason you responded to me was to brag about how you know him, that's all.

Check in next week and give us one piece of evidence as to why his establishment money and ties should be of concern. Just one fact.

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
I support him. Brag is some shit a hatin ass nigga would call it.

you 2 for 2

i don't care anymore either though, so we got that going for us at least.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered

"Moore’s campaign spent almost as much in the past year as it raised — more than $2.1 million."

Um... That's a lot to spend for a guy who is not up for re-election until 2026.

Moore’s campaign staff rang up meal expenditures in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Martha’s Vineyard, Nantucket, Atlantic City, Sag Harbor on Long Island, Jersey City, Louisville (where Moore attended the Kentucky Derby), Frankfort, Ky., Asheville, N.C., Washington, D.C., and more. One expenditure was for campaign staff meals at a Wawa in Runnemede, N.J.
Moore’s campaign report was also stuffed with big donations from special interest groups, many with business before the state: real estate developers, lawyers, health care executives, bankers, tech entrepreneurs and State House lobbyists.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
This is very interesting... Moore was such a pussy during his campaign that he was asked to grade Hogan in October 2022 and he said either TBD or incomplete because Hogan's term wasn't finished yet. :rolleyes: I'm a little surprised to see him willing to take him on even now.

Scoop: Dems turn to Wes Moore to weaken Larry Hogan’s surprise Senate bid​

Democrats plan to use Maryland Gov. Wes Moore as a first line of attack against Larry Hogan, the state's former Republican governor who is now running for Senate, Axios has learned.

Why it matters: Hogan's decision to jump into the Senate contest has thrown a safely Democratic seat into play for Republicans.
  • The seat is open: Longtime Sen. Ben Cardin (D-Md.) is not seeking-re-election.
  • Moore plans to launch an offensive against Hogan's record as governor in the coming months, three sources told Axios.
  • The attacks on Hogan's record will sour a mostly rosy relationship between the two governors.
Zoom in: Hogan alums were helpful to the Moore staff as the governor's mansion changed hands last year, said a senior Democratic source who was involved in the transition.
  • "The relationship was very cordial," the Democratic source said. "They were very kind to each other."
Moore has criticized Hogan for blocking millions in funding for abortion care while he was in office.
  • "Anyone who thinks that there is no threat to women's reproductive rights and abortion access is delusional," Moore said on X, formerly Twitter.
  • Hogan fired back at Moore's "delusional" comment, telling Fox 5 that Moore "ought to pay attention to his day job."
Between the lines: An internal poll from Hogan's longtime pollster, shared with Axios, showed him beating both of his potential Democratic opponents — Rep. David Trone and Prince George's County Executive Angela Alsobrooks — by wide margins.
  • Democrats are deeply skeptical of the polling data, according to multiple senior national Democratic strategists who spoke to Axios.
  • A poll released last week by Emerson showed Hogan tied with Trone and leading Alsobrooks, with a large chunk of voters still undecided.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
He's getting my vote in 2028 if he runs for President.

He was on MSNBC’s 11th Hour last night… I just listened to the audio version. They didn’t post it to YouTube but he practically had Stephanie Ruhle’s panties soaked. He might be the best politician at giving interviews.

I’m a substance over style person but I gotta give credit where due, his political style is 10/10.

I’m not sure that will get him in the White House because he seems better for a general election than a primary but he definitely has a chance.