{~~~Guns, Guns and Mo' Guns - The Right To Keep And Bear Arms~~~}

TruDat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hey BGOL Gun Heads
Let's Chop it Up.

The man who shot former president Trump reportedly used a DPMS-brand AR rifle purchased by his father,
chambered in 5.56 caliber/5.56 x 45 mm NATO ammunition. That brand is now owned by the parent of South Carolina-based Palmetto State Armory. DPMS stands for Defense Procurement Manufacturing Services. Founded in 1985, it was a defense contractor started by Randy Luth. Under Luth, the St. Cloud, Minnesota-based company was a fast-growing manufacturer of AR parts that eventually developed Panther Arms brand of firearms.

Weapons experts worldwide have suggested that the AR used was a poor choice for effective long-range shooting. The shooter was perched on a rooftop approximately 150 yards away from the podium where Trump was speaking. It’s unclear if he used any optics to magnify his perspective.

Experts speculate why shooter missed Trump
Webb, the Navy SEAL, speculated that the 5.56 x 45 mm NATO ammunition the shooter used was highly susceptible to variations in wind and humidity.

“If the shooter sighted in the rifle in the spring and shot in the summer, the bullet impact could be up or down, left or right by two to three inches because of the hotter temps and faster velocity of the round,” Webb said. “This may have saved Trump’s life.”

Guy McCardle, an Army veteran, suggested that a combination of poor marksmanship, nerves, heat and the prone firing position likely contributed to the shooter missing Trump.

“If the shot would have hit the former President in the temple area, the results would have most likely been fatal,” McCardle said. “Snipers, however, don’t tend to aim for the head because it’s a relatively small target that bobs around a lot. They shoot toward the center of mass as that is where most of our vital organs are located.”
-- USA TODAY

What yall think?
Isolated loner assassin or a set up?

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
Hey BGOL Gun Heads
Let's Chop it Up.

The man who shot former president Trump reportedly used a DPMS-brand AR rifle purchased by his father,
chambered in 5.56 caliber/5.56 x 45 mm NATO ammunition. That brand is now owned by the parent of South Carolina-based Palmetto State Armory. DPMS stands for Defense Procurement Manufacturing Services. Founded in 1985, it was a defense contractor started by Randy Luth. Under Luth, the St. Cloud, Minnesota-based company was a fast-growing manufacturer of AR parts that eventually developed Panther Arms brand of firearms.

Weapons experts worldwide have suggested that the AR used was a poor choice for effective long-range shooting. The shooter was perched on a rooftop approximately 150 yards away from the podium where Trump was speaking. It’s unclear if he used any optics to magnify his perspective.

Webb, the Navy SEAL, speculated that the 5.56 x 45 mm NATO ammunition the shooter used was highly susceptible to variations in wind and humidity.

“If the shooter sighted in the rifle in the spring and shot in the summer, the bullet impact could be up or down, left or right by two to three inches because of the hotter temps and faster velocity of the round,” Webb said. “This may have saved Trump’s life.”

Guy McCardle, an Army veteran, suggested that a combination of poor marksmanship, nerves, heat and the prone firing position likely contributed to the shooter missing Trump.

“If the shot would have hit the former President in the temple area, the results would have most likely been fatal,” McCardle said. “Snipers, however, don’t tend to aim for the head because it’s a relatively small target that bobs around a lot. They shoot toward the center of mass as that is where most of our vital organs are located.”
-- USA TODAY

What yall think?
For "long range shooting" 150yds doesn't qualify when using a rifle. It's barely over the range that most rifle optics get zeroed at. So an AR is more than capable of hitting a target at that distance.

As for a precision shot, most rifles including ARs will not be able to give hole through a hole precision. Obviously some are better than others but the ammo itself will cause the accuracy deviations. To get really precise accuracy, you pretty much have to do reloads where you can tune the projectiles to what your barrel's rifle likes the best via specific gun powder and amounts of gun powder used. I don't know where the shooter got the rifle from but it's more than likely he used factory loads which are always inconsistent in the amount of powder used even the match grade stuff.

And what was said about shooting center mass is correct. Even more so with rifles. When using magnification, the more magnification you use, the more intense the reaction on the reticle is. The slightest movements will feel like you're flailing because of how much the reticle jumps. That's why controlled breathing and laying prone are so important as they grant the highest level of stability.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Man wtf

96271e8fe1210b262365146d8077ee275cee5ddf.jpg

bbuzzard

Skeptic
BGOL Investor
Hey BGOL Gun Heads
Let's Chop it Up.

-- USA TODAY

What yall think?
Can't tell with these killers. Most of the recent "snipers" in the news don't seem to have spent or had any significant time to "zero" in prior to their attempts. The Vegas shooting is still the one that could have been a lot worst since it seems the perp was well planned. I'm still keeping my head on a swivel cause there's always a copycat out there sitting at home mad at the world.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
I'm thinking about a lever gun...probably 357 or 45LC
Right now I'm not in the market for any new guns. All my money is going into growing my DJ business. Thankfully I have plenty of fun with my bolt-action 22. I wanna do some reloads for my 308 but I'll find a unicorn faster than finding any large rifle primers or Reloader 15 powder

bbuzzard

Skeptic
BGOL Investor
Right now I'm not in the market for any new guns. All my money is going into growing my DJ business. Thankfully I have plenty of fun with my bolt-action 22. I wanna do some reloads for my 308 but I'll find a unicorn faster than finding any large rifle primers or Reloader 15 powder
I hear ya...it's not like I need another gun but a lever gun would be nice to have and I already have the ammo.

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor

The 45-70 is the gun you want to carry if you go to Alaska. It's the perfect bear cartridge and rifle. I'm debating between the 45-70 and the 30-30. I don't a have a lever action at all. I have a .416 Remington magnum and that will kill any animal on the planet though.

Right now, the 30-30 is winning, because I don't see myself hunting bears. The 30-30 is great for deer and boars in the brush or forests.

She's a little too silly for me, though. And I can bet you she had to ice that shoulder down that evening.

EGO-TRIP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The 45-70 is the gun you want to carry if you go to Alaska. It's the perfect bear cartridge and rifle. I'm debating between the 45-70 and the 30-30. I don't a have a lever action at all. I have a .416 Remington magnum and that will kill any animal on the planet though.

Right now, the 30-30 is winning, because I don't see myself hunting bears. The 30-30 is great for deer and boars in the brush or forests.

She's a little too silly for me, though. And I can bet you she had to ice that shoulder down that evening.
I told myself not to comment on anything she says ......but , she was sexy AF for a quickie !