Haiti Women R beautiful....Playahaitian Approved (Haitians Stand Up!!!)

Gye78

International
International Member
Garcelle Beauvais

Gaecelle-Beauvais-Playboy.jpeg

Garcelle-Beauvais_Main.jpg

Garcelle_Beauvais.jpg

Garcelle-Beauvais-Feet-110301.jpg

Agreed

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Phyllisiastripes.jpg

Phyllisia, a musical artist of Haitian descent, recorded a tribute music video for the people of Haiti. “L’Union Fait La Force” (Unity In Strength) was written by Phyllisia immediately following the earthquake.

But, at the time she was working on a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology (she has since graduated) and shooting two music videos. Instead of releasing a rushed version of her video during those frenetic times, she decided to wait and make sure it was a powerful piece of work. Her heart is in every second of the video.

The video was recorded in a combined effort with Project Medishare, a non-profit organization on the frontlines fighting cholera in Haiti. Medishare is dedicated to sharing its human and technical resources with Haiti.

Phyllisia took the time to sit down with us a year after the tragedy, and open up.

How would you sum up the Haitian people?

Resilient is the best word. Have you seen the soccer teams? These people are playing with no limbs. They’re using crutches to play. It is amazing. Nothing stops them. The people are down there making lives for themselves out of nothing. They’re born with a resilient spirit.

But, a lot of foreign media and people see Haitian people as cold. I remember reading a story and Anderson Cooper was speaking about the Haitians. He said he saw this lady dump her baby and he went up and asked her what she was doing. She replied with, ‘She’s already dead and I can’t do anything about it now.’

In reality, it is what it is. It’s not like here, when tragedy happens here and it’s like ‘Oh my god I can’t believe this happened.’ They’ve been living in desolate situations. The earthquake was just a massive attack but what about all of the rain, hurricanes, shoddy government. They had a lot of issues before that they were handling. The earthquake just flattened everything and made it something for T.V.

Where were you when the quake hit?

I was thinking why are all of these amazing things happening for me and something like that could happen to my people and relatives. It really struck me because I thought why is this happening, it’s not fair, something good and positive is about to happen in my life but something so serious is taking away from the lives of so many people.

Have you been down since?

I have not been down there since. I was supposed to go down there with the daughter of the head neurologist for Project Medishare right as the cholera outbreak hit. So, we weren’t allowed to go down because of it. I don’t have an ETA on when I’ll be getting down there but I’ll definitely be going with Medishare at some point. My father was able to go in August and he came back with stories. It really moved him.

Were there any stories that stood out from his experiences?

He told me about the positive attitude of the people. Anything you would give them, whether it be a piece of candy or a hug or words, they were very receptive to all of it. They weren’t angry or offended, but so thankful that people were helping them with the small things.He came back and brought us all little necklaces he bought off the street. He said it was amazing to see how thankful the people were for the small things that they had, which was pretty much nothing. That was part of the motivation for the song.

Picture_2.spng_400_1000_0_85_1_50_50.spng

What were the other motivations?

When I wrote the song, I wrote it as a message to the people. That’s why half of it is in Creole and half of it is in English. I’m speaking to the Haitian people. I wrote the song for them. A lot of people were like ‘oh no you need an English version.’ And I said you know what, it’s not for them. The song is for speaking to the people of Haiti. Telling them there are people that will help them. Telling them that God is with them.

You always hear in the news reports that Haitian people are poor and uneducated. I have resilience instilled in me that a lot of Haitian people do have. I want to expand on that and show the world what a Haitian is.

The news outlets fail to say they were the first independent black people of slaved in 1804. Haiti was the first independent black nation. People always go with Haitian people are the poorest, living in shambles, uneducated, ignorant. That’s not the way it is. Another reason why I wrote the song, I want to represent the people in the light that they should be in. We are educated, we are polite and we are well mannered. Just because you’re poor doesn’t mean you don’t know anything.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
id tell u but you are WRONG about Rose and the repeat posts:smh:

:lol:

Milani Rose receives Premio Latino 2010 “Internet Icon of The Year”

milani50-2-525x790.jpg

The International Latin Supermodel, Singer, and Actress, Milani Rose, received the award ' Internet Icon of The Year ' during the eighth delivery of the Latin Awards 2010, celebrated on Friday, the 5th of November, in Symphony Space Theater, located in the avenue Broadway with the street 95 in Manhattan.

Milani was presented with the award by Félix Jerez, executive producer and founder of the event that every year recognizes the work that the Latin artists and resident personalities have realizing in the North-East of the United States and other parts of the world.

"Thanks for this award, which dedicated it to my family, and to all my Haitian compatriots ", said Milani Rose at the time of receiving the award.

Milani Rose is a star of the world of the spectacle that based on a lot of work and perseverance has turned into an icon of the community of New York. Her participation in big events as figure, as well as the covertura in front that have given her numerous magazines and publications of importance, have turned her into the whole celebrity of Hollywood.

' I work every day towards excelling myself ', said Milani. ' At present I have a company of discs in which we are developing several new talents ', she added the resident beauty of New York, and that has Dominican and Haitian roots.

http://www.thisis50.com/video/milani-rose-king-magazines?xg_source=activity

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
pic_643.jpg

Haitian Hollywood Actress Nadege Auguste is the young and voluptuous Abbie Putnam (credited as Nadege August), the third wife of old widower Ephraim Cabot (Charlie Robinson) in the African-American revival of the drama "Desire under the Elms".

popup_preview_nadege_auguste2.jpg