Hampton Roads

mistajody

Potential Star
OG Investor
Came from Memphis out here in 04 and it was a HUGE letdown, clubs close at 2am and the city just shuts down if you wanna call this a city, lots of bitches though due to the military, but I can see them hoes at work, I left in 07 to go to Bahrain and got sucked back here again and its fuckin worse now! I cant wait to leave this depressing ass place. They have never heard of 1st friday's and during the week nobody wants to do anything it seems. If your from a real city or used to one DON'T COME HERE! By the way, what the fuck is the point in calling it a strip club where the bitches don't strip? Shit I was used to E&L's in memphis and come to this .... :smh:

Reactions: LSN

cdmixers

Star
Registered
:lol:

Ain't nobody said nothing positive yet... :lol:

Ya old boy said it best...some parts make for a good family environment...but a single nigga coming from a big city this shit is dulls-fuckin-ville...when I left NYC in '04...I only had like 3000-4000 posts and mind you I had been posting since '99...a lot of easy pussy if you like your bitches dumb...

Yeaah, I remember that, because you were looking for info about the housing market. And I gave you the scoop when you rolled here.

cdmixers

Star
Registered
Regardless of where your from, there's plenty for all looking for change of pace from the city pace. Granted the pace is slower it's not mayberry either. Also known as the 7 cities there's oppurtunity for whatever you're trying to do. This area has allot of women to explore, for what i realized the women here its 50/have children drama.30,try to live like the video they see, or are switching hitting.20 are on point as are diverse, are not bias to knew things.

As for the area there's always someone performing here. We have the afram fest, the obmoja fest, and the hampton jazz fest all popping of in 60 days. There allot women period. If You have any sense of self. You can truly have a good experience. And when summer hits you can overdose on ass from all the over. Goodluck

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
Yeaah, I remember that, because you were looking for info about the housing market. And I gave you the scoop when you rolled here.

Ya man you was pretty helpful w/ links to schools and shit but I'm still mad that you thought I was that nigga on the couch and made a thread saying you seen "me" and made eye contact...no homo...

harlem1nyc

Star
Registered
Va is wack...really weak. Lived in the Richmond, Newport News, Petersburg, Chesterfield and Va Beach areas....WACK....Your best bet is the beach....

tuckdog

Rising Star
Registered
It is what you make it just like any other city. If you're a lame in your hometown...guess what...you're a lame here. If you know how to make shit happen then it is what it is.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
If we weren't in a damn recession I'd move to Vegas...I heard they getting hit hard over tho w/ layoffs/budget cuts... :smh:

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor
i have visited there nothing special i guess. I think somebody on bgol owns strip clubs in that area

Unless you know somebody having a party with some stripes or a lock down your out of luck. Beware of the knuckle heads at the clubs/bars trying to be hard and the hoodrats.

Quinlan Vos

Potential Star
Registered
WHat's up move to va back n 93 from detroit, all I have to say is that I am glad I traded plant life for goverment life, the recession hit the D hard and this area is alright, U have to get use to the woman man they are spoiled esp the hoodrats, because some military dudes be from small towns and they simp hard, saving these section 8 chicks which a lot of club chicks are so tread careful and keep your game tight and strap up. The strip clubs are wack but the strippers trick n da night clubs so beware that u r macking on a hoe who trying to give u a IHOP speacial, I use to bounce at shawdows back n da day, my education about the area came from there, about the culture:yes:

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
WHat's up move to va back n 93 from detroit, all I have to say is that I am glad I traded plant life for goverment life, the recession hit the D hard and this area is alright, U have to get use to the woman man they are spoiled esp the hoodrats, because some military dudes be from small towns and they simp hard, saving these section 8 chicks which a lot of club chicks are so tread careful and keep your game tight and strap up. The strip clubs are wack but the strippers trick n da night clubs so beware that u r macking on a hoe who trying to give u a IHOP speacial, I use to bounce at shawdows back n da day, my education about the area came from there, about the culture:yes:

Ya man...VA is weathering the recession pretty well in comparison to other states...we had some budget scares...but all that was just talk as usual...it happens every year...job losses is not as critical as it is in other areas...not a bad place @ all if you used to a slower pace of life and especially if you have children...I'm not a normal person tho...so this every day Joe Blow shit is killing...and huge c/s on boat boys gassin up hoodrats...

Quinlan Vos

Potential Star
Registered
Ya man...VA is weathering the recession pretty well in comparison to other states...we had some budget scares...but all that was just talk as usual...it happens every year...job losses is not as critical as it is in other areas...not a bad place @ all if you used to a slower pace of life and especially if you have children...I'm not a normal person tho...so this every day Joe Blow shit is killing...and huge c/s on boat boys gassin up hoodrats...

LOL at them boat boyz, and the ongoing lolipop status that people c them as:smh:

cdmixers

Star
Registered
Ya man you was pretty helpful w/ links to schools and shit but I'm still mad that you thought I was that nigga on the couch and made a thread saying you seen "me" and made eye contact...no homo...

Damn, you don't forget shit, like woodies the owl.. Well, bro, let me clear that up, there was no ill will on that account. However, I will say this though there was a time as a side hussle I worked at Dicks, I would see the some of chick's that the board would post all the time..

Kinda funny, yet irronic, thinking "damn that's shorty right there". Hell, I was out eatting dinner after the Monique show, and I saw a cat sporting a CMON SON T-shirt, on.

It's funny becuase, it show's the impact BGOL, has on the web.

kes1111

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The future of tunnel tolls in Hampton Roads
Sitting in traffic or paying tolls through the downtown and midtown tunnels…
Neither option appeals to drivers here in Hampton Roads, but the Governor and many other local politicians say it’s the only way to help congestion.
Governor McDonnell’s office told NewsChannel 3 on Friday he would make an annoucement later today about the fate of tolls between Portsmouth and Norfolk.
So far we know the Feds have given a $422 million loan for construction and rehab at the downtown and midtown tunnels and the Martin Luther King Freeway.
And on Friday – the private company working with VDOT, Elizabeth River Crossings, said it has closed the deal for the project. That means they can begin hiring contractors to start work as early as this summer.
Meanwhile, drivers have been told they could start paying tolls by this fall.
And they are still hoping the state can find a way to hit the brakes.
Many have said even delaying the tolls a few years could help the burden on their wallet of paying $1.84 every time they cross the water.
“I realize that for some of the citizens, tolls work the hardship, so if we can find the money we will do it. If the General Assembly would provide some extra money that would be great. I asked the General Assembly for transportation money this year and unfortunately some of the senators shot that down, so we will do the best we can with the existing resources. But when the entire 15 leaders from Hampton Roads say they want the busiest two lane road east of the Mississippi expanded, we’re going to get it done.”
Meanwhile, other tolls could be coming to Hampton Roads.
Other projects that are being considered right now include a bridge tunnel connecting to the Monitor Merrimac, an expansion for the HRBT, and widening of I-6.:smh:

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
64 needs to be expanded...traffic sucks in the summer

The people who are considering tolls need to go sit in traffic at 4 to 5:30...idiotic idea

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

kes1111

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
<script height="365px" width="650px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#pbid=55ce3a06495346ddb20768902d1e991c&ec=h2N2NhbTqbwxTZUvzHR4t0CnEdpCsiqR"></script>

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
It was a bomb threat, not a shooting. I wonder why they don't close that mall.

Especially with JC Penny closing.

But they probably want to keep it open, so they don't go to the other malls.

DWBass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I moved here from NY in 2001. I like the area. If you like to party all the time, you can get bored with the clubs around here. I'm a musician and play all around. You got the beachfront. A ton of music festivals. Every city has something going on in the summer. I don't fuck with strip clubs. The fuck I need to pay to see naked bitches for? Got plenty at my job and at the beach. Just like anywhere, you make it what it is. Unos in Norfolk is like a block party Friday nights. Comfort Zone in Hampton is great for grown folks. Plenty of bars. If you just want to hit strip clubs, go to Atlanta.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

kes1111

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Va. Beach, state compromise on light rail terms

By Kathy Adams
The Virginian-Pilot
© April 24, 2014
VIRGINIA BEACH

After about a day of he-said she-said, the mayor and state Secretary of Transportation Aubrey Layne have informally agreed to the terms under which the state will provide funding for extending light rail into Virginia Beach, both officials said today.

Confusion emerged Wednesday when Layne told local business leaders the city had agreed to a set of terms offered by the state last week. Beach officials responded that wasn’t the case and that they planned to negotiate.

They found common ground this morning, with the mayor and Layne agreeing on the phone to a set of compromise terms offered by the city, Sessoms said. Layne confirmed the accord.

“I think both sides understand in principle where the state has to be in order to participate,” he said.

The conditions are a compromise from those initially offered by the state. They agree to split the cost of a $290 million light rail extension from Newtown Road in Norfolk to Town Center in Virginia Beach, with the city covering any cost overruns.

In exchange, the city will drop the three public-private proposals under review and put the project out for a competitive bid.

The state at first demanded that the city essentially forgo exploring any alternative transit technologies such as magnetic levitation, or maglev, which is not federally certified. The compromise reverses that requirement, leaving the city’s options open to look at other systems once the “record of decision” is reached for the light rail extension, likely sometime in 2015.

“It’s clearly a softer approach,” Sessoms said this morning. “I think the Commonwealth understands that we would want to look for new technology that could be available 10 years from now,” he later added.

The state still will not provide any money for that research.

The terms also stipulate that the city would have to reimburse the state for the money it contributed toward purchasing a 10.6-mile right of way for light rail if it chooses to place maglev or any other alternative system on that land. The state footed about $20 million of the $40 million price tag to buy from Norfolk Southern the right of way, which stretches from Newtown Road to the Oceanfront parallel to Interstate 264.

The reimbursement would only be for the portion of the land used for a non-light rail system, not necessarily for the whole track.

The terms of the agreement may still change. The City Council still has to vote to approve them in open session, Councilman Jim Wood said Wednesday. The city would then apply for the funding from the Department of Rail and Public Transportation.

Meanwhile this afternoon, Hampton Roads Transit was slated to discuss an accelerated timeline for bringing The Tide to Virginia Beach, with construction starting as soon as 2016.

djcasperdotcom

Star
Registered
Lived in Norfolk from '95-'01 when it was buck wild....Lamberts Point beefing with Park Place beefing with Tidewater Park etc.....

clubs back then:
Red Hot Pepper
Pizzazz
Broadway
Picasso's
ClubHouse
Norfolk Live

got ALOOOOOT of puss back then.......easy fuck town.

haven't been in years

SecondxSon

ObayBee/WastefulZeus
BGOL Investor
I frequent that area for access to the James River. About a 3hr trip from Nc hauling a boat, but catching them big ass croakers was worth it. Not so much now, but before it was nothing to fill a 150qt cooler with them hogs. :yes:

mistajody

Potential Star
OG Investor
if you not in the military or from there why would you come? Nothin pops out there. There are beaches they arrest the women if they wear thongs tho. Strip clubs with bikinis. Police with nothin to do actin like super cops. Lame ass club scene i could go on and on. Its my home tho. If you a family man than this is heaven. If you on the come up:smh::smh::smh:

this!!

KingAddies

Rising Star
Registered
I frequent that area for access to the James River. About a 3hr trip from Nc hauling a boat, but catching them big ass croakers was worth it. Not so much now, but before it was nothing to fill a 150qt cooler with them hogs. :yes:

I thought seafood from that area comes from the Gulf since they put that powerplant in. Be careful.
You gotta travel a little further North toward Ocean City/Princess Anne/Annapolis for the good stuff.

Black Radical

Rising Star
Registered
If you not in the military or from there why would you come? Nothin pops out there. There are beaches they arrest the women if they wear thongs tho. Strip clubs with bikinis. Police with nothin to do actin like super cops. Lame ass club scene I could go on and on. Its my home tho. If you a family man than this is heaven. If you on the come up:smh::smh::smh:
This is all that needs to be said.
Lived in Norfolk from '95-'01 when it was buck wild....Lamberts Point beefing with Park Place beefing with Tidewater Park etc.....

clubs back then:
Red Hot Pepper
Pizzazz
Broadway
Picasso's
ClubHouse
Norfolk Live

haven't been in years
Norfolk LIve man. I will never forget that place. I was a young nigga in there and dancing with this chick with the roundest softest ass. We were in the middle of the dancefloor and she was grinding it so good i was about to let one off...and then the lights came on and it was time to go :angry:
I will always remember NOrfolk Live for that. It coulda been epic!

Quinlan Vos

Potential Star
Registered
This is all that needs to be said.

Norfolk LIve man. I will never forget that place. I was a young nigga in there and dancing with this chick with the roundest softest ass. We were in the middle of the dancefloor and she was grinding it so good i was about to let one off...and then the lights came on and it was time to go :angry:
I will always remember NOrfolk Live for that. It coulda been epic!

Norfolk live was da shit, a lot of out of town military chicks that's lonely:dance:

Quinlan Vos

Potential Star
Registered

clubs back then:
Red Hot Pepper
Pizzazz
Broadway
Picasso's
ClubHouse
Norfolk Live

haven't been in years

Thanks to all that buck wild shit, honkeys gentrified most of Norfolk, dog parks and white dudes jogging thru park place with pink tights :smh: