Has anyone got a electric assisted Bicycle? If so do you like it

BoRiCuApOwEr

Rising Star
Registered
I'm in NYC so we have Citibike in front of my apartment and Citibike in front of my job its a 5 min ride I don't hack them but I use a friends Public Housing account # to lower the price from $15 to $5 a month. ( you can also use food stamp account or a participating credit union.)

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Do you guys ever see anyone with those one-wheeled hoverboards (or scooters?) in your city?

I don't know exactly what they're called.

I've seen them only a few times, but the coolest was this past summer. Pulled up to an intersection latenight & there were only a few cars. 2 of them came through and did an L-shaped turn in the pedestrian crosswalk. They were going full speed. It was like something out of Back to the Future. Very impressive.
Yes I know a few people with those..actually 1 of them gets sponsors and shit for riding it cause dude is nice on it.. there’s also this nice big booty brownskin chick that rides 1

bbuzzard

Skeptic
BGOL Investor
I ended up getting the Lectric XP 2.0 for commuting. So far, it has exceeded my expectations. Only did one commute (just got it) but I can see a ROI within 6mos vs gas and parking expenses.

bbuzzard

Skeptic
BGOL Investor
Damn. Any serious injuries?

Had 2 friends back in high school who decided it was a good idea to skateboard down one of the steepest hills in the city. One was accomplished, and the other was a newbie. They both agreed it was a good idea. Safe & sound. They returned to class some time later after missing a few days. Broken arms / clavicles. Road rash on their foreheads, lol.

Everyone was like ... WTF.

:scream:
He busted up his shoulder but he's healed...could have been worse

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Depending on bike some will go for 20 miles some longer.. each bike different.. but in a place like nyc that’s good if you running quick errands or shooting off to one long distance place and back

That’s good. Enough to get around comfortably. My mom was without a car for a few years in a new city. She lived a few mins from downtown and got around on foot and e-bike. Really liked it. Got a car about 8-9 years back. Still does plenty of walking. Glad she healed up after breaking her hip in late-Aug of last year.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
Yeah I heard they making them 1500 watts now...pushing past 30mph easy...

NYC is becoming an emobility city

Ebikes

scooters kick and seated all over the city.....

hey you want to laugh..

bruh citibank has their citibike program all over the city,

bikes hooked up to chargers, that NOW you can unlock

with your phone using the QR code..

bruh you ready for this...

the hood done fiqured out how to hack the gotdam code..

yea I rode one and was like fuck it.. I had to get my own

and with fat wheels... I heard it changes the whole

biking experience game...

biking is one of the best things you can do to keep you knees

healthy as you mature..

cant believe so many folks still sleepin on it...

They have a similar set up in San Francisco except the bikes are owned by Lyft. These services are great!

I have a lady friend who lives out in the mission. Taking transit to her house takes about 20-30 minutes if you include wait and walk time.

Taking an e-bike makes the trip 10 to 15 minutes. Costs about $3 to $4.50. throw on an extra $2.50 if I want to park it in front of her building. I don't even break a sweat.

Best part is that you don't have to worry about it getting stolen. Once you plug it in the dock it's not your problem anymore.

I have a yearly subscription that also includes unlimited use of the pedal bikes. They're great for running quick errands to the weed shop, grocery store, or anywhere in North beach.

madgoose

International
International Member
I just got this back in October,

loving it but the ride is to stiff, I'm looking into methods to dampen the road buzz and pavement frequency that I get through the handle bars and saddle. I'm now looking into getting a regular (human) power Specialized full suspension bike, possibly a Stumpjumper Evo

and possibly converting the Sirrus 3.0 into an electric bike but what I really want is the Specialized Turbo Kenevo (as well as the other 2).

This is Specialized statement regarding their ebikes,

Specialized Turbo Electric Bikes
It's You, Only Faster
Since 1974, we’ve had one goal: Innovate and inspire to improve riders’ lives. So, when we developed our first electric bike in 2009, we knew it had to ride and feel like a great bike first—something we’d really love to ride ourselves. We wanted you to feel like you were on a “regular” bike, but that somehow, you’d grown superhero legs. Our core mission still hasn’t changed. It’s now, and forever will be, our promise for every Turbo: It’s You, Only Faster.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
See how the dude in the super73 flowing through the street on automatic? That’s pretty much how mad nyc people be in these streets with the electric bike..when that weather jump up again way more e-bikes coming back out…still mad of them in the street now

yea be careful with some of those... you better keep them shits at twenty mph if you zipping through central park

kkkops be confiscating a lot of those if they are in the bicycle lanes going more than twenty five mph...

and that Delfast is like fuckin seven bands bruh....

you aint tryin to have that shit confiscated bruh

bbuzzard

Skeptic
BGOL Investor
yea be careful with some of those... you better keep them shits at twenty mph if you zipping through central park

kkkops be confiscating a lot of those if they are in the bicycle lanes going more than twenty five mph...

and that Delfast is like fuckin seven bands bruh....

you aint tryin to have that shit confiscated bruh
When I biking on the in the street, I'm typically in bike lanes and keeping up with traffic most of my commute, 20-25mph. I already have close to 500 miles on it. I usually use higher assist when going to work so I'm not sweaty but going home I'm getting my exercise in for 30 minutes daily. When there's no one around on bike trails, I'm getting up to 27mph. Best ROI vs driving/subway IMO

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
When I biking on the in the street, I'm typically in bike lanes and keeping up with traffic most of my commute, 20-25mph. I already have close to 500 miles on it. I usually use higher assist when going to work so I'm not sweaty but going home I'm getting my exercise in for 30 minutes daily. When there's no one around on bike trails, I'm getting up to 27mph. Best ROI vs driving/subway IMO

What you riding?

smoovejazz

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I converted my bike, a standard 10-speed, into an electric one. I did it because I know I can't pedal up these hills we have here. Plus, when I get tired, it helps to be able to use a motor.

These ebikes can go relatively fast, so I would get familiar with your bike on some trails first. Also, a helmet is important. I bought a motorcycle helmet, because if you happen to have an accident, you will have more protection, since you're moving faster. A regular bike helmet is probably not a good idea here.

bbuzzard

Skeptic
BGOL Investor
I converted my bike, a standard 10-speed, into an electric one. I did it because I know I can't pedal up these hills we have here. Plus, when I get tired, it helps to be able to use a motor.

These ebikes can go relatively fast, so I would get familiar with your bike on some trails first. Also, a helmet is important. I bought a motorcycle helmet, because if you happen to have an accident, you will have more protection, since you're moving faster. A regular bike helmet is probably not a good idea here.
what kinda helmet you be wearing?

Diomedes3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Thats impressive, How did you convert it? Youtube?

smoovejazz

Rising Star
Platinum Member
what kinda helmet you be wearing?

Well, I'll put it like this...if you're going faster than you would on a non-electric bike, and you get hit, and you're thrown from your bike, and you hit your head on the concrete or a tree, I'll take my chances with a motorcycle helmet than a regular bike helmet, where you have an increased chance of traumatic brain injury if you hit the ground at a faster rate and force.

I've seen too many people with traumatic brain injuries from hitting their head in an accident - even with a bike helmet. Shit, I've seen people ride an ebike without a helmet, which I think is unwise.

So clown me if you want to...with the crazy drivers around, I want to be safe and live.