Headed to Houston…

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
As far as strip clubs go, my favorite one was "Show Palace". Fully butt ass naked. 20 dollar cover charge.

Enjoy your stay

One quick look at the YELP page and location on the map should tell you all you need to know. Man, you cats need some standards.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
I live in the Bay and am From Jersey and would be in NYC all the time eating seafood my pops is from Queens. Pappadeux’s is for niggas who don’t know anything. No offense but I eat real seafood not that previously frozen chain shit. The only chain I fucks with is Houston’s. Them ribs and Hawaiian steak are the business.

Pappadeaux has a selection of great seafood that has not been previously frozen. In addition to that everything there is supposedly made from scratch.

As a matter of fact a manger there told me part of the reason they are not more widespread is due to not being able to get fresh seafood to those locations.

I don't go there looking for fried catfish and shrimp. Lololol

Now I know u high profile and all but niggas on the board know how I get down in the kitchen. I know good food. I don't eat marginal food.

I have shut a couple of niggas up on this board with how I get down I the kitchen.

SmoothD

Smooth*****
BGOL Investor
For bbq check out Gatlin's bbq or Burns original bbq, both popular black owned spots.
Gatlin's is nice.
I'll pass on Burns BBQ.
They just put one in a Kroger's in Summerwood.
Once they appeared on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives, they kinda went downhill

Last edited:

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
I live in the Bay and am From Jersey and would be in NYC all the time eating seafood my pops is from Queens. Pappadeux’s is for niggas who don’t know anything. No offense but I eat real seafood not that previously frozen chain shit. The only chain I fucks with is Houston’s. Them ribs and Hawaiian steak are the business.

To say we’re obsessed with freshness is an understatement. Since opening our doors, Pappadeaux has been the epitome of delicious seafood. We’ve been on a mission to shorten the time between when product is caught and when it arrives in our kitchens. We own and operate our own fleet of delivery trucks, and we’re constantly refining our distribution system. This allows us to deliver fresh seafood directly from the docks to our restaurants daily. Our menus change more often than almost anyone in the business, ensuring only the freshest, most seasonal selections find their way to your plate. And that’s not just seafood — that goes for produce and even the sauces that we make from scratch every day right on the line.

Dr. Truth

QUACK!
BGOL Investor
Pappadeaux has a selection of great seafood that has not been previously frozen. In addition to that everything there is supposedly made from scratch.

As a matter of fact a manger there told me part of the reason they are not more widespread is due to not being able to get fresh seafood to those locations.

I don't go there looking for fried catfish and shrimp. Lololol

Now I know u high profile and all but niggas on the board know how I get down in the kitchen. I know good food. I don't eat marginal food.

I have shut a couple of niggas up on this board with how I get down I the kitchen.
Interesting. I still think that jawn is overatted and full of hood rats that think it’s fine dining. We don’t got them shits here but last time I was in Houston my niggas were acting like we was about to go to Nobu. Niggas were calling me bourgeoisie because I wasn’t falling all on the floor taking pics of my food. It’s like nigga you never had shrimp over rice?!?

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
Niggas think red lobster biscuits are the best thing they ever had. I don’t waste my time trying to explain quality .

Here we agree. I ain't fucking with Red Lobster. And I really haven't fucked with them in about 15 years.

Dr. Truth

QUACK!
BGOL Investor
Here we agree. I ain't fucking with Red Lobster. And I really haven't fucked with them in about 15 years.
Red Lobsters is garbage . In highschool yeah it’s fine dining but the last time I went I was 19 and broke and they had dishes in the god damn flower pot. Last time I ate there

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Hit up The Breakfast Klub if you can. The best breakfast in Houston. They don't skimp on portions.
As far as strip clubs go, my favorite one was "Show Palace". Fully butt ass naked. 20 dollar cover charge.

Enjoy your stay

savin all these spots on my google places :yes:

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
Interesting. I still think that jawn is overatted and full of hood rats that think it’s fine dining. We don’t got them shits here but last time I was in Houston my niggas were acting like we was about to go to Nobu. Niggas were calling me bourgeoisie because I wasn’t falling all on the floor taking pics of my food. It’s like nigga you never had shrimp over rice?!?

It is definitely a haven for rats. And prostitution.

not joking.

:lol:

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Man you cant tell nobody bout fresh dungeness crab straight out the pacific, king salmon.

About 3 years ago, I got figured out the different between fresh and frozen fresh or farm raise redfish...

Was doing a kickback with the family, I wanted to fry redfish, went to this like fish market... I wanted to get like 10 fish about 24 inches...

The lady said I have 4 but if you give me and hour I will have more, when they truck comes in.
So I went roam around the city, came back, as I was walking up they was unload they truck. The lady noticed me and said I got you

I saw she was unpacking some box, which the fish were in...so put them in a ice chest, ran water on them, then came bring me ten.

Everything was good but I must say that was second time I got redfish from her....it had a different taste to it.

I didn’t have time to go catch my own plus the limit is 5, but I know the taste is different after that 2nd.

Shit who knows It might’ve been farm raised?

Last year I started selling Colossal shrimp. A couple accusations I was Fortunate to get them straight off the boat.
Nothing fresher than that... when u getting that size inland.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Man y’all remember dude said his wife is the Picky..... is you dealt with picky people y’all know it’s best to go somewhere they pick.
It’s a good chance they won’t be satisfied but it was their choice

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man y’all remember dude said his wife is the Picky..... is you dealt with picky people y’all know it’s best to go somewhere they pick.
It’s a good chance they won’t be satisfied but it was their choice

Yeah those the peepa that wanted to go and prefer Taco Bell to El Famous Burrito :lol: :lol:

KunningLinguist

Rising Star
Registered
Don't forget your tux if u going to Turkey Leg Hut.....
Mufuckas want a nigga to be casket sharp comin up in there nowadays
Nah

I live in Houston and was over by the Turkey Leg Hut Saturday

Broads in legging shorts all over the place. And plenty of skinny pants wearing nikkas

Same shyt over there

DJ

BGOL Legend
Certified Pussy Poster
Niggas think red lobster biscuits are the best thing they ever had. I don’t waste my time trying to explain quality .

I mean when you stabbing people over a popeyes chicken sammich...

DJ

BGOL Legend
Certified Pussy Poster
About 3 years ago, I got figured out the different between fresh and frozen fresh or farm raise redfish...

Was doing a kickback with the family, I wanted to fry redfish, went to this like fish market... I wanted to get like 10 fish about 24 inches...

The lady said I have 4 but if you give me and hour I will have more, when they truck comes in.
So I went roam around the city, came back, as I was walking up they was unload they truck. The lady noticed me and said I got you

I saw she was unpacking some box, which the fish were in...so put them in a ice chest, ran water on them, then came bring me ten.

Everything was good but I must say that was second time I got redfish from her....it had a different taste to it.

I didn’t have time to go catch my own plus the limit is 5, but I know the taste is different after that 2nd.

Shit who knows It might’ve been farm raised?

Last year I started selling Colossal shrimp. A couple accusations I was Fortunate to get them straight off the boat.
Nothing fresher than that... when u getting that size inland.

Whole-Redfish-copy-1024x768.jpg

Fillets-Redfish-1024x768.jpg

You can tell the difference in the size, and color. Farm raised fished dont have to search for food and are fed more grain or pellet food. Wild caught feed primarily on whatever theyre natural diet consists of or whatever they can eat at the time,

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
As a NYC-er Pappadeux is fine dining.
Niggas be eating steakum sandwiches made in a musty deli.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Pappadeaux is overrated in my opinion. Food is decent, but it ain't all that. Plus, it's often hoodrat central up in there.
Check out Max's Wine Dive. Good food and more low-key.
Strip clubs ain't really popping like that anymore. There's some hole-in-the wall hood joints but it ain't like it was when you last went in '03.
Maybe check out Treasures over on Weshtheimer, but it's mostly white girls.
I haven't been there in a minute, but check out Prospect Park on Richmond Ave.

Last edited:

the13thround

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Headed to Houston for my bday/Labor Day and i haven’t been since 2003. Where to eat, what strip clubs are poppin, what lounges or clubs should i hit?!?
What age range are you looking for?
Based on the suggestions I've read so far, the age ranges are all over the place.
I can give better suggestions if I have that bit of info.
And there are way better places in Houston than Turkey Leg Hut (tourist attraction), Breakfast Klub (tourist attraction) and Niggadeaux's (got one in every major city).

Last edited:

b-stro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What age range are you looking for?
Based on the suggestions I've read so far, the age ranges are all over the place.
I can give better suggestions if I have that bit of info.
And there are way better places in Houston than Turkey Leg Hut (tourist attraction), Breakfast Klub (tourist attraction) and Niggadeaux's (got one in every major city).

I’m 38 but i like to turn up and get a Lil ratchet when im outta town. 25-40 age range. Wife and i are into strip clubs so that’s usually our go to when we travel. We mostly go food and lounges and are not really into the historical or tourist attractions and rather mingle with the people.

I’m a foodie so i already done bookmarked 50 restaurants from Eater and Yelp but i was curious to hear y’all’s suggestions

Also keep in mind I’m from Cali, so some of y’all chains aren’t offered here and that’s why it’s a thing for us. For example i booked Eddie Vs for my bday dinner, I’ve never been since the closest to me is a 5 hour drive to LA

Last edited:

SmoothD

Smooth*****
BGOL Investor
Pappadeaux is overrated in my opinion. Food is decent, but it ain't all that. Plus, it's often hoodrat central up in there.
Check out Max's Wine Dive. Good food and more low-key.
Strip clubs ain't really popping like that anymore. There's some hole-in-the wall hood joints but it ain't like it was when you last went in '03.
Maybe check out Treasures over on Weshtheimer, but it's mostly white girls.
I haven't been there in a minute, but check out Prospect Park on Richmond Ave.
Very true about Pappadeaux's.
Is Treasure's still open?
They did have some bad white girls on there a while ago.
I used to go there for the lunch specials:rolleyes:.
First time I went, Moses Malone was in there.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I’m 38 but i like to turn up and get a Lil ratchet when im outta town. 25-40 age range. Wife and i are into strip clubs so that’s usually our go to when we travel. We mostly go food and lounges and are not really into the historical or tourist attractions and rather mingle with the people.

I’m a foodie so i already done bookmarked 50 restaurants from Eater and Yelp but i was curious to hear y’all’s suggestions

Also keep in mind I’m from Cali, so some of y’all chains aren’t offered here and that’s why it’s a thing for us. For example i booked Eddie Vs for my bday dinner, I’ve never been since the closest to me is a 5 hour drive to LA
Eddie Vs is good. My girl and I go there pretty often. It's better when there's a band playing on the lounge side, but they haven't been around during COVID. Check to see if they're performing now.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Very true about Pappadeaux's.
Is Treasure's still open?
They did have some bad white girls on there a while ago.
I used to go there for the lunch specials:rolleyes:.
First time I went, Moses Malone was in there.
I have no idea if Treasure's is still open. I haven't been there in years. Yeah, some of the white chicks were nice and they would have some Latin and black chicks sprinkled in as well. Me and my peeps about 20 years ago would go there almost every Friday night.

Someone suggested Chicas Locas (formerly Michael's) and that's a good spot for mostly Latin broads.
The Men's Club is another spot, but it's mostly white chicks.

the13thround

Rising Star
Platinum Member

As far as strip clubs, people above have named most of them. Onyx is still open too, that's all black.

Lounges / Clubs
Most (but not all) of the dope lounges and turn up spots are basically in the 3rd Ward area.

The Address - Indoor Club, Outdoor patio. Food is good, but the charge hella gratuity, parking is awful, and its like $20 or $30 to get in.
Bar 5015 - Indoor lounge and outdoor patio. They play all types of music from old school R&B/Rap to current. (No cover)
Faces Lounge - Indoor lounge and outdoor patio / Cigar Humidor. More of a chill vibe. Mostly just R&B. (No Cover)
The Spot Lounge - Hole in the wall bar, mixed with hood and professional. All Rap. HEAVY POURS on drinks. (No Cover)
The Spot Lounge Eado - The upscale version of the 1st location. Indoor/Outdoor patio. R&B/Rap. Drinks are slightly more expensive. (No cover)
Trez Art & Wine Bar - Laid back atmosphere, wine bar. Mostly R&B with live DJ. Live music on Saturday nights. Limited space. (No cover)
Kamp - You might not find anyone older than 30 here, but the food is good as fuck, and the crowd is hood.

Restaurants (Some of my personal favorites)

Ray's BBQ Shack
Oporto Fooding House & Wine
Georgia James
Graces - (For Brunch)
McCormick and Schmicks
Lucilles
Trulucks
Papas Bros. Steakhouse
La Lucha - The best fried chicken I've had in the city

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
As far as strip clubs, people above have named most of them. Onyx is still open too, that's all black.

Lounges / Clubs
Most (but not all) of the dope lounges and turn up spots are basically in the 3rd Ward area.

The Address - Indoor Club, Outdoor patio. Food is good, but the charge hella gratuity, parking is awful, and its like $20 or $30 to get in.
Bar 5015 - Indoor lounge and outdoor patio. They play all types of music from old school R&B/Rap to current. (No cover)
Faces Lounge - Indoor lounge and outdoor patio / Cigar Humidor. More of a chill vibe. Mostly just R&B. (No Cover)
The Spot Lounge - Hole in the wall bar, mixed with hood and professional. All Rap. HEAVY POURS on drinks. (No Cover)
The Spot Lounge Eado - The upscale version of the 1st location. Indoor/Outdoor patio. R&B/Rap. Drinks are slightly more expensive. (No cover)
Trez Art & Wine Bar - Laid back atmosphere, wine bar. Mostly R&B with live DJ. Live music on Saturday nights. Limited space. (No cover)
Kamp - You might not find anyone older than 30 here, but the food is good as fuck, and the crowd is hood.

Restaurants (Some of my personal favorites)

Ray's BBQ Shack
Oporto Fooding House & Wine
Georgia James
Graces - (For Brunch)
McCormick and Schmicks
Lucilles
Trulucks
Papas Bros. Steakhouse
La Lucha - The best fried chicken I've had in the city
Dang I see you didn’t mention the Alley Kat this time? Did it get shut down?