Hip-Hop 'Hoods

kes1111

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
For years rappers have been stating how poor and crime ridden certain cities/neighborhoods are. I'm asking can anyone here confirm this about these communities:

1.Compton,CA
Home of NWA, Compton's Most Wanted, DJ Quik, etc.
compton.jpg

2.South Central/Watts,Los Angeles
Home of Ice Cube,Ice-T, etc.
407250281.jpg

3.5th Ward,Houston,TX
Home of Geto Boys, 5th Ward Boyz,etc.
kjesw10oz26nqrbtn32c.jpg

4.South Bronx,New York City
Home of Boogie Down Productions, Fat Joe, etc.
2831451763_8378691549.jpg

5.Bedford-Stuyvesant,Brooklyn,NY
Home of Notorious BIG, Junior MAFIA, etc.
3442165674_e4933b0e6e_z.jpg

f1f7a450f22bc5dc42d0dd62e97192ed--the-bridge-s.jpg

6.Queensbridge,Queens,NY

Home of Nas, Marley Marl,Mobb Deep,etc.
is-queensbridge-still-the-hood.jpg

Last edited:

WattDogs

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Been to all of them except Houston.

Compton is a nice place...just got a lot of knuckleheads doing dumb shit (gangbanging & hustling).

South Central/Watts is kinda like the South Bronx in the 90s...slowly building itself back up but you see the ghetto still.

SoBro is no longer that picture. The whole South Bronx is getting gentrified & cleaned up! It doesn't even look the same anymore (well, some parts do)!

Bed-Stuy is exactly the same. 2 sides, the nice side & the hood side.

QB is also still the same.

marcvoi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
this is not the photo you posted of the bed stuy brooklyn biggie and the other rappers came from. bed stuy although vastly improved its image back then it was crazy. also pockets of area still bad

vandamation

Rising Star
Registered
Although it's NOT necessarily a GHETTO... Jamaica, Queens SHOULD be considered a Hip-Hop Hood... :yes: When you consider the names that come from Jamaica... I think most would agree... :yes:
RUN DMC
Salt n Pepa
Russell Simmons
LL Cool J
Ja-Rule
Irv Gotti
50 Cent
Lloyd Banks
Tony Yayo
Onyx
Lost Boys
Nikki Minaj
Dj Clue
Dj Envy
A Tribe Called Quest

Jamaica, Queens can NOT be denied when it comes to its place in HIP HOP...
:yes:

DEETZ181

Rising Star
Registered
back in the 70's and 80's the south bronx looked like a war zone. it ain't as bad as it used to be. it's not like that picture anymore. it's come a long way from the burned out tenement buildings and empty lots.

zenman

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Went to private catholic school in 5th ward (French town) for 10 years. Row houses, messed up streets, ect.... I remember many days seeing prostitutes walking the tracks outside my school window while having Catacism (religion class).

My mom pointed out a prostitute and said she was selling her body.....I remember thinking "I thought slavery was over".:lol:

Ironically as I got older I learned it ain't over :hmm:

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Compton is a nice place...just got a lot of knuckleheads doing dumb shit (gangbanging & hustling).

South Central/Watts is kinda like the South Bronx in the 90s...slowly building itself back up but you see the ghetto still.

SoBro is no longer that picture. The whole South Bronx is getting gentrified & cleaned up! It doesn't even look the same anymore (well, some parts do)!

South bronx. Is a shit hole

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Although it's NOT necessarily a GHETTO... Jamaica, Queens SHOULD be considered a Hip-Hop Hood... :yes: When you consider the names that come from Jamaica... I think most would agree... :yes:
RUN DMC
Salt n Pepa
Russell Simmons
LL Cool J
Ja-Rule
Irv Gotti
50 Cent
Lloyd Banks
Tony Yayo
Onyx
Lost Boys
Nikki Minaj
Dj Clue
Dj Envy
A Tribe Called Quest

Is hollis considered jamaica?
I always considered jamaica every thing in close proximity to south side an the ave

Llano

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
5th Ward back in the days :itsawrap: In the 90's, you could not roll into 5th ward with your nose wide open or be a complete stranger :smh: Bad things would likely happen to you :lol:

stickyfingerz

fuck you
Registered
YOU DNT FUK AROUND IN THE BRONX NOW OR BACK IN THE 70'S, 80'S OR 90'S....
THE SOUTH BRONX IS WAS OUTTA CONTROL...... THEY MADE A MOVIE ABOUT FORT APACHE.... SHIT WAS REAL BACK THEN....PARTS OF THE BX THE POLICE WONT COME UNLESS THEY DEEP.... YOU CAN GET A LOTTA PUSSY IN HUNTS POINT..:lol::puke:

ZULU NATION HELD THE BX DOWN..... LATIN KINGS WAS ALL OVER NYC REALLY ABOUT THAT LIFE!!!!

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
liberty square (Liberty City/Miami FL) AKA The Pork n Beans (i was living here for a few years back in the 80's
pork+n+beans.jpg

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
Most of these places are just regular working-class neighborhoods with a few idiots running around giving them a bad name.

daking181

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
RUN DMC
Salt n Pepa
Russell Simmons
LL Cool J
Ja-Rule
Irv Gotti
50 Cent
Lloyd Banks
Tony Yayo
Onyx
Lost Boys
Nikki Minaj
Dj Clue
Dj Envy
A Tribe Called Quest

yes sir:yes:

new2nyc

Support BGOL
Registered

I think you were fooled by the houses and lawns, Compton is not as rough as some ppl make it out to be but it is by no means a nice place.