Hip-Hop 'Hoods

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
ATLANTA SHOULD BE ON THE LIST......

slideshow_1115596_TECHWOOD_HOMES_ONE_8709.jpg

that nigga alpha was a real ass nigga.......fucked up how T.I. did em tho.
but yeah i remember when niggaz used to be terrified to go anywhere thru Techwood unless they were from there.
didnt know this nigga had 13 kids tho.......damn Alpha.

Chitownheadbusa

♏|God|♏
BGOL Investor
Let's not leave the Chi off the list:

1. Englewood
2. K-Town
3. Lawndale
4. Austin
5. South Shore aka Terror Town
6. Little village
7. The Wild 100s

#5 is my old stomping ground.
Used to be all over East...South C, Raw Naw, etc.

Far East around commercial , exchange, etc etc used to be mostly cousins (Kings and Moes) with a few folks (Black and Mexican) sprinkled in....now they got lords, dragons, kings, 4chs, stones, folks, etc etc....all in a small area; recipe for bs.

Each of those that u listed are only a few blocks....small areas in a big city. Most are still Still fucked up/poor areas...but no where near as violent as they used to be.

Most of these places are just regular working-class neighborhoods with a few idiots running around giving them a bad name.

Basically. This also applies to todays Chicago.

You got young knucklehead niggas, old bitter Black folks and racist White folks making the country think Chicago is "wall-to-wall hood", Chiraq, etc.......but Chicago hasnt been a pure shit hole in over 16 years. Lots of isolated struggle....but not a pure war zone.

As for the parts of Michigan that are now being called the murder capital....they didnt become that way until the economy went to pure shit. Go figure.

Last edited:

dadamaja

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You missed one: New Orleans 3rd Ward (uptown)

TASTEOF31.jpg
all that shit gone fam they tore down all the projects, last to go , iberville is currently being toredown with some buildings getting an extensive renovation, they shipped everybody to the east well most of them anyway, some of em as far as michoud where most of the vietnamese use to be, but now they got the fuck too

52d833dfe2fb7536.jpg

shit looks like this now

magnolia now

Last edited:

POSTERBOY

Young OG
Platinum Member
YOU DNT FUK AROUND IN THE BRONX NOW OR BACK IN THE 70'S, 80'S OR 90'S....
THE SOUTH BRONX IS WAS OUTTA CONTROL...... THEY MADE A MOVIE ABOUT FORT APACHE.... SHIT WAS REAL BACK THEN....PARTS OF THE BX THE POLICE WONT COME UNLESS THEY DEEP.... YOU CAN GET A LOTTA PUSSY IN HUNTS POINT..:lol::puke:

ZULU NATION HELD THE BX DOWN..... LATIN KINGS WAS ALL OVER NYC REALLY ABOUT THAT LIFE!!!!

Yeah, I don't know what these cats are talking about. They're trying/planning like a MOTHERFUCKA to clean it up and gentrify "SoBro" and have already started with "the piano district" and all that other shit, but they're still getting it popping on Courtlandt Ave, Morris Heights etc etc.... Shit even the Baychester/Gunhill section, it's North East but sheiiiittttt

brickwall92

Rising Star
Registered
Yeah, I don't know what these cats are talking about. They're trying/planning like a MOTHERFUCKA to clean it up and gentrify "SoBro" and have already started with "the piano district" and all that other shit, but they're still getting it popping on Courtlandt Ave, Morris Heights etc etc.... Shit even the Baychester/Gunhill section, it's North East but sheiiiittttt
What you know about the north east bx ?

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
this area is popping

brx1.jpg

yankeestadiumIV_lg.jpg

Last edited:

POSTERBOY

Young OG
Platinum Member
What you know about the north east bx ?

That's my city fam, I still hit Mario's or Royal Caribbean on Dyre and Rocatone on white plains road when I pass through... Papi at the liquor store on Laconia next to the 47 (the little one, not the new big joint up the block) still knows my name. In fact, I think we've had this discussion numerous times

this area is popping

brx1.jpg

yankeestadiumIV_lg.jpg

You must mean in the day time when that Fed court building (in the first pic) is bustling. Courlandt Ave runs right into 161.. Melrose, the side closer to the Deegan(87) and that whole area is still not a nice place to be at night. There's a really nice park around Yankee stadium and stays well lit, you won't be bothered there unless the group of niggas in there banging out their calisthenics intimidate you

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
That's my city fam, I still hit Mario's or Royal Caribbean on Dyre and Rocatone on white plains road when I pass through... Papi at the liquor store on Laconia next to the 47 (the little one, not the new big joint up the block) still knows my name. In fact, I think we've had this discussion numerous times

You must mean in the day time when that Fed court building (in the first pic) is bustling. Courlandt Ave runs right into 161.. Melrose, the side closer to the Deegan(87) and that whole area is still not a nice place to be at night. There's a really nice park around Yankee stadium and stays well lit, you won't be bothered there unless the group of niggas in there banging out their calisthenics intimidate you
I frequent the GBar / Giovanni down by 149th (great food, pizza, and women) - I'm always at my cuz's crib on 163rd at all hours and the dudes in the Puerto Rican spot across from the court house know my face and name... I pop in there late night too many times.
It ain't sweet, one side of the Concourse is better than the other but neither side ain't hood no more - rents are going UP, and I've been seeing more and more white people moving in since 2009...
As I'm sure you already know - if you chill outside in one spot around there you will see a never ending parade of some of the baddest women in NYC

POSTERBOY

Young OG
Platinum Member
I frequent the GBar / Giovanni down by 149th (great food, pizza, and women) - I'm always at my cuz's crib on 163rd at all hours and the dudes in the Puerto Rican spot across from the court house know my face and name... It ain't sweet, one side of the Concourse is better than the other but neither side ain't hood no more - rents are going UP, and I've been seeing more and more white people moving in since 2009...
As I'm sure you already know - if you chill outside in one spot around there you will see a never ending parade of some of the baddest women in NYC

I can't co-sign that it's not hood, but I know what you mean. I feel like I'm repeating myself because I know we've talked about this before on the board, it was inevitable they came back for that area. Yankee stadium is right there, it's a 1-a couple stops into manhattan depending on what train you take and those apartments on the concourse were originally built for the jews anyway with the sunken living rooms etc etc. They're priming it for when Harlem is complete.

But I completely get what you're saying and why you feel that way

Last edited:

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
it was inevitable they came back for that area. Yankee stadium is right there, it's a 1-a couple stops into manhattan depending on what train you take and those apartments on the concourse was originally built for the jews anyway with the sunken living rooms etc etc. They're priming it for when Harlem is complete.
true

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Shit went out turn dark some of these so called places that supposedly changed becomes a different situation

Don't give a fuck what yall saying the Bronx is still gutta too many PJs in 5 more yrs it's gonna be like Harlem nice n safe but right now I'm not buying it

mailboxpimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
For years rappers have been stating how poor and crime ridden certain cities/neighborhoods are. I'm asking can anyone here confirm this about these communities:

4.South Bronx,New York City
Home of Boogie Down Productions, Fat Joe, etc.
2831451763_8378691549.jpg

HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Soundview be EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is thr dnt fuk around zone for real!
The Prospect Ave area was / is serious... I went to hs for 1 year in that area. shit was like being in the lean on me movie. rolmfao

6.Queensbridge,Queens,NY
Home of Nas, Marley Marl,Mobb Deep,etc.
they know you not from there as soon as you step off the train & onto the street! you will be identified as a shook 1 with the quickness. Shit is like jail but all the inmates roam about freely. Iraq is right around the corner too.... smfh Im so glad my moms never took the spot in raq city! Fuck Queens.

is-queensbridge-still-the-hood.jpg