Hollywood Legal: Nickelodeon Severs Relationship w/ Producer Dan Schneider UPDATE: NEW DOC! Quiet on Set

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I don't believe Marc.

I don't believe Nickelodeon adult staffing as a staff, record label, or a tv network.

Only adults (during the early-2000s) who came across as honest and genuine on that doc' were the past writers who were calling out all the bullshit.

Fuck off to Schneider, Peck, and that other legit pedo' who was trying to lure and groom that one pre-teen girl via email.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I don't believe Nickelodeon adult staffing as a staff, record label, or a tv network.

Only adults (during the early-2000s) who came across as honest and genuine on that doc' were the past writers who were calling out all the bullshit.

Fuck off to Schneider, Peck, and that other legit pedo' who was trying to lure and groom that one pre-teen girl via email.

:itsawrap:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
What's crazy about the last individual is how brazen he was, from the girl's mother's account.

Before the days of widespread smartphone use ... just sending shit directly to her home email address.

What the actual fuck?

^^^^

That part!!!

And that woman was so scared they NEVER went back and never said a word.

Now THAT is a perfect example for any #Metoo doubters to understand why so many wait to speak up.

These pedo monsters had the support of the network and stars.

Writing LETTERS TO THE JUDGE?

Of course these victims were shook

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
^^^^

That part!!!

And that woman was so scared they NEVER went back and never said a word.

Now THAT is a perfect example for any #Metoo doubters to understand why so many wait to speak up.

These pedo monsters had the support of the network and stars.

Writing LETTERS TO THE JUDGE?

Of course these victims were shook

Well said.

Like I was saying last month in regards to the docuseries ... I was glad to hear the part wherein Drake Bell discussed his then-girlfriend's mom taking him aside privately to have a serious talk with him. She immediately picked up on something being awry with the repeat, harassing phone calls from Peck to Bell.

Why the fuck is a middle-aged man repeatedly calling a teenager?

Good on her for getting the ball rolling with him coming forward to his own mom and authorities.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Well said.

Like I was saying last month in regards to the docuseries ... I was glad to hear the part wherein Drake Bell discussed his then-girlfriend's mom taking him aside privately to have a serious talk with him. She immediately picked up on something being awry with the repeat, harassing phone calls from Peck to Bell.

Why the fuck is a middle-aged man repeatedly calling a teenager?

Good on her for getting the ball rolling with him coming forward to his own mom and authorities.

^^^^^

That part!

WHERE THE HELL WERE THE DAMN ADULTS WHO ACTUALLY GAVE A SH*T ABOUT THESE KIDS!!!!????

she was like the only one besides the father with any common sense??

This man is just as traumatized as his kid. And he actually tried to save his kid.

Why don't all the adults involved feel as guilty or responsible?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
GIub4OnaQAAG-ix

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why was he even interviewed to start with..he left Nickelodeon wayy before Schneider came on board
Schenider had been around during his early time though. He Hosted the 1988 Kids choice awards when Double Dare was the biggest draw on the network, and once he got in he was there even if he didnt start working on his own shows for the network until the nicktoon stimulus check came in.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Why was he even interviewed to start with..he left Nickelodeon wayy before Schneider came on board
Schenider had been around during his early time though. He Hosted the 1988 Kids choice awards when Double Dare was the biggest draw on the network, and once he got in he was there even if he didnt start working on his own shows for the network until the nicktoon stimulus check came in.

Good breakdown of Double Dare history

He was there about 86-93 and Schneider started to get into the network after he hosted tge awards in 88 and guest starred on a bunch of shows.

I hope Marc really didn't do anything. But trying to act like the producers were trying to hem him up was a bad decision. Marc is super vet.

Why not tell the "truth" and say I was shocked and saddened really knew nothing about anything I most importantly I wasn't there? I'm happy the producers are exposing those involved. My prayers go out to the victims.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

All That’ Cast Members Say Dan Schneider Reached Out for a ‘Quote of Support’ Ahead of Doc, Criticize His ‘Performance’ of an Apology Video​

By Emily Longeretta
Plus Icon
Witness the untold story of the toxic world behind 90s 2000s kids’ TV, as seen on Quiet on Set: The Dark Side of Kids TV.

Stephanie Diani

Quiet on Set: Breaking the Silence” featured a new interview with “All That” cast members Giovannie Samuels and Bryan Hearne. The pair, who also participated in the first four episodes of the ID docuseries, returned to sit down with host Soledad O’Brien and talk about the series and Dan Schneider‘s post-documentary interview.
“The thing about his interview as a whole, I thought it was funny. If I could be candid, Dan was an actor before all of this,” said Hearne, who appeared on Seasons 7 and 8 of “All That.” “I think that he brushed off some chops and gave us a nice performance. Where was all of this apologizing when Jennette McCurdy’s book came out?”

He continued, “I just feel that, what’s an apology without accountability? Realistically, if you take the inappropriate jokes away, do you have a show anymore? If you take all the foot jokes, take all the face shots, all that inappropriateness [away], is it just commercials then?”

Schneider first released multiple statements, denying that he was “sexualizing” any of the young stars. The following day, he released a 20-minute interview on his YouTube channel, during which he apologized for his actions and said that “every one of those jokes was written for a kid audience, because kids thought they were funny.” However, he said that if certain jokes are now looked at by adults as inappropriate, he supports the decision to cut them in reruns.
Samuels, who starred on Seasons 7-9 of “All That,” stated during “Breaking the Silence” that even as a kid, many of those jokes were not funny — but she went along laughing because the adults in the room were, and she wanted to keep her job.
Dan_Schneider_talks_about_Quiet_on_Set.jpg

Courtesy of Dan Schneider
Samuels and Hearne were asked if they felt they were tokenized as the only two Black people on set of the show — in front of and behind the camera. “Yes,” Samuels responded. “It was very evident from the first day, it was just the two of us.”
She also shared that she had recently spoken to Schneider.
“I got a phone call. He reached out a week before the documentary aired. He asked if I could give a quote of support. He knew I was in the documentary for a year. He was like, ‘I love Gio, she’s great, she’s nice, she could tell my side.’ I don’t know what you want,” she said. “He asked — because I did come back to do ‘Henry Danger’ — he was like, ‘You had a good time on set, right? Right?’ I told him I was terrified of him… I said, ‘You had the power to make people stars, and I was intimidated by you. I wanted to do a good job.'”

Shane Lyons, who appeared in 23 episodes of “All That” in Seasons 7-9, also was part of the fifth episode as he decided to come forward after hearing everything that had happened behind the scenes.
“I think the only way we can change is to really evaluate the past and I have some perspective to share on that and felt like it was important,” he said about choosing to appear. Lyons had worked alongside Brian Peck — who later went to prison for sexually assaulting Drake Bell — on “All That,” and said that he was “enamored” by him since he was one of the adult cast members.
After calling Bell’s story “gut-wrenching,” Lyons added, “I feel very blessed and lucky that anything like that happened to me. There were certainly some passes.”
ADVERTISEMENT

He then recounted a group of people talking about blue balls on set when he was around.
“Some conversation was happening in the green room and we get called to set and Brian follows behind me. I’m kind of low in the green room set and he sits next to me, and he goes — previously in the conversation they were talking about blue balls, and I just didn’t know what they were — and he goes, ‘Well, we know what blue balls are, right Shane?'” Lyons recalled. “I said, ‘Yeah, like racquetballs.’ I’m a kid, 13, 14. As I think back now, as an adult, as a 36-year-old, would I ever have a conversation with a 13-year-old boy like he had with me? No. It makes absolutely zero sense… a 13-year-old girl, a 13-year-old anybody. They’re kids. Why are you talking like that?”
ADVERTISEMENT

Lyons also spoke about how kids should be protected on set, starting with a law update, so that a convicted child molester cannot be on any set.
“Currently, there’s a loop hole in the law that as long as there’s a guardian or a parent omnipresent on the set, they don’t have to hire people who go through a background check,” he said, noting that Schneider pointing to the bosses above him that signed off on things “sounds like the farmer that blames the tractor for the poor harvest.”
A spokesperson for Nickelodeon, the network that parted ways with Schneider in 2018, released the following statement regarding the claims in the doc: “Though we cannot corroborate or negate allegations of behaviors from productions decades ago, Nickelodeon as a matter of policy investigates all formal complaints as part of our commitment to fostering a safe and professional workplace environment free of harassment or other kinds of inappropriate conduct. Our highest priorities are the well-being and best interests not just of our employees, casts and crew, but of all children, and we have adopted numerous safeguards over the years to help ensure we are living up to our own high standards and the expectations of our audience.”

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
“The thing about his interview as a whole, I thought it was funny. If I could be candid, Dan was an actor before all of this,” said Hearne, who appeared on Seasons 7 and 8 of “All That.” “I think that he brushed off some chops and gave us a nice performance. Where was all of this apologizing when Jennette McCurdy’s book came out?”
^^^^^^^^^^
This right here in bold

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

SAG-AFTRA responds to calls for more child actor safety protocols following Quiet on Set docuseries​

“The Union takes young performer safety very seriously and devotes considerable time to advocating for important legislative protections for minors."
By
Emlyn Travis

Published on April 11, 2024 03:03PM EDT

0 of 47 secondsVolume 0%

SAG-AFTRA has responded to calls for additional safety protocols for child actors in the wake of Investigation Discovery's recent five-part docuseries Quiet on Set: The Dark Side of Kids TV.

“The Union takes young performer safety very seriously and devotes considerable time to advocating for important legislative protections for minors and administering contract requirements for young performers,” SAG-AFTRA's chief contracts officer, Ray Rodriguez, told EW in a statement. “We give priority to complaints involving minors, maintain a constituent committee of young performers, and help to fund and administer programs like ‘Looking Ahead’ that educate young performers about life as a child actor.”

Rodriguez continued, “In addition, SAG-AFTRA’s most recent agreement requires background checks for any teacher or welfare worker (or other individual assigned to perform the same duties as a welfare worker, such as a child labor coordinator) who is engaged by the Producer to supervise or teach minors employed under the Agreement. Additionally, we have authorized Producers to demand background checks as a condition of employment ‘for any person working in close proximity to one or more minor(s), other than a minor who is that person’s child/ward.’”

SAG-AFTRA building on Wilshire Blvd on September 25, 2023 in Los Angeles, California.

The SAG-AFTRA building in Los Angeles.
MICHAEL BUCKNER/GETTY
The union's statement comes after The Amanda Show writer Jenny Kilgen, who appeared in the docuseries, which explores the toxic work environments that Nickelodeon cast and crew members say they experienced in the late 1990s and early 2000s, published an open letter late last month in which she requested that the actors’ union “take action to initiate and institute robust child safety protocols to protect young actors.”

SAG-AFTRA has several safety protocols in place for young actors, including their Safer Set emergency hotline, which can be used to report any safety issues that performers may experience while on set. It also has a reporting tool that can provide referrals for members seeking therapeutic, legal, or law enforcement assistance. The Safe Place app offers additional resources as well.

California law states that individuals who are required to register as sex offenders are prohibited from representing or providing any services to child performers who are working within the entertainment industry. People who work with child performers are also required to register with the state’s Department of Industrial Relations and must undergo a background check in order to obtain a Child Performers Services permit. However, crew members are not subjected to background checks if the minor is accompanied on set by their parent or guardian.

In her letter, Kilgen urged for more safeguards for child actors both within the union and at the state and federal levels, writing, “It’s my hope that this action will address, and help to dismantle, the current industry power dynamic which seemingly exists to protect the financial well-being of the studios and networks, often at the expense of the emotional, psychological, and physical well-being of the children they employ — a dynamic where predatory behavior is enabled, and parents are too often sidelined.”

She specifically listed several guardrails she'd like to see the union implement, including “mandatory background checks, appropriate training for adults, transparency of investigation and reporting policies, and free access to mental health providers throughout the employment cycle (and when necessary, after).” She also suggested establishing a “special task force” with the “express purpose of improving child safety and welfare in the industry.”

“Children deserve working conditions free of predators and the fear of retaliation," she wrote, "and, unfortunately, the essential structure does not appear to exist.”

Quiet on Set: The Dark Side of Kids TV is streaming now on Max.