Home owners, how often you cutting your lawn

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
This shit really can get chopped twice a week.

I was cutting every Sunday
come Wednesday that shit could be trimmed again.
When i did have to cut it was like once or twice a week and it depends on how much it has been raining..

Duece

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Twice a month

But it's been raining in New Orleans as of late so probably won't get to it for a while

I do need to raise my mower's height as I've been going for the golf course look as of late.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Yes two a week was normally the schedule

But these last month or so

This interesting

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bro you need to be reported. Or your lawn is crazy small. A 12 year old wouldn't cut my grass for 25 dollars in this heat.
LOL, I got a good sized lawn and them folks is happy to do it for $25 a cut and do a damn good job too.
Even bag up the grass and everything.
Been using the same crew for 15 years now starting with my previous house and now this one.
It's a lot of competition out here in Texas for lawn care so they gotta keep prices or low or I could just easily switch to someone else.

Temujin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
LOL, I got a good sized lawn and them folks is happy to do it for $25 a cut and do a damn good job too.
Even bag up the grass and everything.
Been using the same crew for 15 years now starting with my previous house and now this one.
It's a lot of competition out here in Texas for lawn care so they gotta keep prices or low or I could just easily switch to someone else.

Damn that's a good deal. In Jersey it's at least $60 for a normal sized single family lawn.

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Once a week. A crew that pulls up and does the job but I sometimes have to go out there and act like I'm evaluating shit bc they'll get complacent about it. That's all until I buy a riding mower - no diddy - and build this shed. But having them cut it frees up my time for other things. It's a big yard.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Summer - Twice a month
Winter - Once a month (if that)

Electric mower on highest setting. I still cut it myself because I like doing it.
This is me right here.

Sometimes once a week, but it's been so hot and dry that grass is not really growing really wild right now. Once every two weeks is plenty.

We are getting some rain now, so might go back to once a week.

Using an electric mower w/ 2 batteries to cut the grass.

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
A homeowner's post full of
This is me right here.

Sometimes once a week, but it's been so hot and dry that grass is not really growing really wild right now. Once every two weeks is plenty.

We are getting some rain now, so might go back to once a week.

Using an electric mower w/ 2 batteries to cut the grass.
Got an acre just in the back and I tried mowing using a battery powered ryobi mower. Funniest shit is I didn't make it past the front yard. All 3 40v batteries 6a 4a and 2a drained as I'd alternate charging each one. I only had one charger but I learned that day either spend the bread or hire help. Fuck them battery joints

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Yea I got that what putting down

But this shit ain’t normal….

That every two weeks shit ain’t it…

Last season I could do every two weeks…
This year it’s a no go

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
A homeowner's post full of

Got an acre just in the back and I tried mowing using a battery powered ryobi mower. Funniest shit is I didn't make it past the front yard. All 3 40v batteries 6a 4a and 2a drained as I'd alternate charging each one. I only had one charger but I learned that day either spend the bread or hire help. Fuck them battery joints
Yeah...If you have an acre to cut, you need a riding mower or some Messicans or some country ass cacs.

Those batteries overheat quickly and you are right, you have to play the charging game. I have all the same brand for my mower, blower, and edger and they all use a 40V battery. I'm cutting a little over a quarter of an acre. That is the limit IMO for an electric mower.

I love using an electric mower. No maintenance except for sharpening the blades a few times a summer.

a1rimrocka

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This shit really can get chopped twice a week.

I was cutting every Sunday
come Wednesday that shit could be trimmed again.

What region? Cool season or warm season grass?

I can't see many people with cool season grass cutting more than once a week in this heat. I haven't cut in almost 3 weeks (in Va) since my grass is going dormant, isn't really growing and not getting hardly any rain