Home owners, how often you cutting your lawn

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have been letting grow longer to show off to the other neighbors what a lawn is supposed to look like. I cut every other week at about a 5 on my lawn mower. There are a couple of lawns that got me beat though.

Temujin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
mufuckas out there in Arizona and Vegas be raking rocks and shit.
funniest shit i've seen. front yard has to feel like a fuckin desert with that heat bouncin off all them fuckin rocks
The last thing in life I would be doing is raking rocks in the hot ass sun.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
What region? Cool season or warm season grass?

I can't see many people with cool season grass cutting more than once a week in this heat. I haven't cut in almost 3 weeks (in Va) since my grass is going dormant, isn't really growing and not getting hardly any rain
I’m in Da Boot

So look at this, you possibly can tell the difference
You can see different heights
Far right was current pass, center was a week old and far left (the neighbors yard) is two weeks…

(I looked yesterday and the neighbors still haven’t cut their yard… )

541-F02-E9-C391-4-EAC-8-B29-1-C50-A0-E105-DE.png

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
mufuckas out there in Arizona and Vegas be raking rocks and shit.
funniest shit i've seen. front yard has to feel like a fuckin desert with that heat bouncin off all them fuckin rocks
That Vegas shit the mind blowing. Seeing artificial grass in their yards had me like wtf

THREAD_CRITIC

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My Mexicans show up mid day, 100 plus degree Dallas weather and get busy. $40

Same here in Tampa. I had some CAC company a lot of people in the neighborhood used doing my shit for $250 a month just cutting. Switched to these Mexicans they do front and back trimming and edging and they do a better job $40 per visit averages about $100 a month…. Viva la Mexico.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
LOL, I got a good sized lawn and them folks is happy to do it for $25 a cut and do a damn good job too.
Even bag up the grass and everything.
Been using the same crew for 15 years now starting with my previous house and now this one.
It's a lot of competition out here in Texas for lawn care so they gotta keep prices or low or I could just easily switch to someone else.

This nigga’s picking up muthafuckas from the border! :lol:

KoolJay

Vidi Veni Vici
BGOL Investor
I haven't cut mine in over 3 weeks due to the EXTREME heat here in the DMV. Although I still run my sprinkler system 3 days a week for 30min each zone. But usually, I cut my grass every week. I'm working with a Tall Fescue. I've posted pictures of my lawn in another thread.

DWBass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No rain...............once or twice a month, maybe. Moderate rain..........2 or 3 times a month. Constant rain...........weekly.

BoxEater

Talking shit and looking at pussy with the fellas
BGOL Investor
I love getting out in the yard as well. Good exercise and it is relaxing and mind clearing for me.
Hell yeah. Hit the weed, sip my coffee, get away from the wife/kids, enjoy my neighbors telling me how dope my house/yard looks. Healthy boost of dopamine. Plus Im Black and take pride in Black folks taking care of real estate.

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Was twice a week. This summer it’s been raining so much I’ve had to go to once a week. Having fucking competitive ass neighbors doesn’t help either, lol

:lol:

When I was edging my lawn a brother stopped and said you all the time out here embarrassing me. I told his ass to get out and cut his shit. He said he hates yard work, I told him it's like therapy to me plus my grandparents and great grandparents taught me to keep everything I owned looking nice.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
It rains every fucking day in Florida seems like, so I’m cutting my grass once a week.

We get our share of rain also

But this shit was piping before the rain…

I’m a lawn guy(or more technically a grass cutter) so dealing with yards ain’t nothing new to me.

Just this season been unreal to my eyes…

In the past I had multiple yards I kept up… often I told people…”I understand money is a issues but this yard probably needs weekly care…

That weekly shit has hit my yard and my moms yard

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
This another yard… two weeks and some change

Last year this same yard would be near a month without cutting

dzqKkUQ.jpg