Wait til you discover Afrobeat

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

search for the 2 above, click on the 1 below

a4.jpg

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
It makes me laugh to see these yunguns on a CD deck like they're actually on some 1200s.

Anyway, I prefer the old school House, like the shit with singing and strings and horns. This new shit is too much like Trance - just repetitive tempo and no chord changes or anything.
To each his own but if you start looking on utube they usually give you suggestions. Here's a few to start you off.

This shit go hard as diamonds

Mongo Slayde

Star
BGOL Investor
There is a bunch of Soulful House content out there. I'm a huge Househead from the 80's. I'm on MixCloud often. Check these DJ's on Mixcloud.
Dawud Johnson, DJ Chill X, Omar Abdallah, Jihad Muhammed.

Jihad is also on SoundCloud-Check out his "Bang The Drum" mixes. Some of them 2-3 hours long.
DJ Daryl James the old house DJ from Bentley's in NYC has some banging mixes on youtube right now.

Twitch has a channel " Soulful House" or something like that. But basically 24 hour mixes. Some dj's better than others. But you can find some decent house dj's on there. Every now and then you can catch Louis Vega or Mike Dunn live on their twitch channels.

Talking bout SA, Black Coffee is the man. This dude creates nothing but bangers. I was in London once when he was there but I didn't hear about his concert until the last minute and I missed it.

Last edited:

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
It makes me laugh to see these yunguns on a CD deck like they're actually on some 1200s.

Anyway, I prefer the old school House, like the shit with singing and strings and horns. This new shit is too much like Trance - just repetitive tempo and no chord changes or anything.
To each his own but if you start looking on utube they usually give you suggestions. Here's a few to start you off.

This shit go hard as diamonds

Yeah you can keep that cac sound aka trance, "EDM", or whatever name they use these dance.

$moneyPit$

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
how far back does it go

I'm interested post some old stuff..

I believe all the way back to the 80's as far as I know, It was more of a under ground sound that was more niche than anything,. There were a few clubs In NY that catered to the house music crowd, the Garage comes to mind. House was/is big In Chicago. There's also different types of house music soulful house, deep house, tribal house, act....

this Is a decent start site: