How lower class blacks became the face of the black community

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I won't even bother watching it cause that class thing is just something else dividing black people and to keep it 100% the upper class,middle class does nothing for us,they seclude themselves so deep into the other side til what goes on with us as a whole doesn't even register for them.

The working poor is carrying the weight and has for decades

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
So the most interesting thing about this whole video is that no one's asking themselves who are we claiming these black people are being the face of the black community to? Because really what that video is saying is that you should care what white people think about you.

Now we all know, no matter what, white people ain't going to give two fucks about you and it's the same with a lot of other groups so why are you concerned about an image that they're going to say ain't shit anyway. Remember when Bill Cosby and The Cosby Show came out and Cosby was a doctor and his wife was a lawyer and white people were like no that's not realistic black people aren't lawyers and doctors. We are right now watching a republican convention where the vice president who's going to run on the Republican ticket has an Indian wife and the white people are questioning him because of that. You think those people would judge you in anything but a negative way? These people are going on national TV and saying that because Trump was found guilty of felonies black people are going to be able to relate to him and he's going to become more popular . That's what they think of you.

Way too many of y'all post up these videos and really you need to ask yourself why are you sweating how much white people think of you. Stop giving them so much power over you and you'd be amazed at how freeing it is.

totto

Rising Star
Registered
education is very time consuming, the people with the degrees aren't in front of the TV like that, not online like that either. The bread comes from the lower class and poor, this is how Trump is popular now, working poor white folks. OP has merit unfortunately, it's a dirty game educated want their benefits but they're attached to the poor unlike the white community who rich whites can seperate from their poor easier.

I mean all youtube hustlers making millions now tim pool, candace owens shapiro, crowder they all feed off the poor cacs with nothing to do.
This, it’s the image White America pushes to the world and they eat it up. 900 black students graduate from Famu. The News will talk about Pookie robbing 7/11 in Tallahassee

totto

Rising Star
Registered
The Black community is the only place where classism isn’t embraced, which is why we have the problems that we have
You'll still need to get your laughs and socialization from somewhere and the results would be the same. Tariq jus takes advantage of this and you can say trump is also to a degree or trying too.

Really no way to fix it, you'll need to be much more diverse if the culture is the same for 90% it's the same issue.

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
Interesting video.

Turned out to be pretty educational.

So in short, "They never should've gave you niggas money." :lol:

And separation is good to establish certain values.

However, the early Black bourgeois separated from the masses of Blacks to chase proximity to whites.

The later black bourgeois who came from the masses of Blacks separated from the old black bourgeois to chase materialism to mask feelings of inferiority to whites.

The masses valued experience, that experience lead to money that let them espouse whatever value they wanted to anyone.

The bourgeois valued maintaining tradition, tradition that they wanted to keep exclusively to themselves and not share with the masses.

This is why W.E.B. Dubois was about educating the negro because when more know better they can do better.

I've said before in other threads but Black people have been dealing with an "anything goes", and "wasteful" mindset, eat as much as you want, fuck as much as you want, spend as much as you want. This video sheds some light on that.

All goes to show how our identity has been changed being in America.

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Black community is the only place where classism isn’t embraced, which is why we have the problems that we have
In what world are black people not classist? Try having a dark skin daughter try to pledge AKA and tell me if we dont have class distinction. Theres a reason why a black man with status, or money, kids always come out looking lighter than them.

Hell, try being in the hood and not having fresh shoes.

Black people are just as classist as any other American group.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
This dude is a coon. Anyone that has Thomas Sowell on their channel is really an undercover republican. Thomas Sowell says that systemic racism doesn't exist.

What's crazy,a few years ago I mentioned that I was getting recommendations from his YouTube channel. I never clicked a video from him but somehow it was in my recommendations for awhile. I didn't know who the hell he was until someone from the board mentioned he's a coon.

For whatever reason around election time I get a bunch of recommendations from both parties. Shit is annoying ass fuck.

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
What's crazy,a few years ago I mentioned that I was getting recommendations from his YouTube channel. I never clicked a video from him but somehow it was in my recommendations for awhile. I didn't know who the hell he was until someone from the board mentioned he's a coon.

For whatever reason around election time I get a bunch of recommendations from both parties. Shit is annoying ass fuck.

Unfortunately a bunch of right wing channels have been manipulating the algorithm of YouTube for years. All you need to do is click on it once and suddenly you're served up so much of the bullshit you'll think you're drowning.

Temujin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lol why the fuck would we embrace classim in a society where we were classed as animals. LOL

3 generations ago we were not allowed to own property or get educated. It would be idiotic to define our worth based on education and money. Buying into this white system means we devalue our own humanity.

YoungSinister

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
In what world are black people not classist? Try having a dark skin daughter try to pledge AKA and tell me if we dont have class distinction. Theres a reason why a black man with status, or money, kids always come out looking lighter than them.

Hell, try being in the hood and not having fresh shoes.

Black people are just as classist as any other American group.
We aren’t classist enough
Which is why we have our “trash” behaving the way they do
You’ll never hear a redneck talk about himself like he’s important. Low class Asians get shunned. Meanwhile, our trash is mad vocal and opinionated. So much to the point that Blackness is defined by being poor and dumb to most. If you went to public school, you’ve seen/heard it first hand

Lol why the fuck would we embrace classim in a society where we were classed as animals. LOL

3 generations ago we were not allowed to own property or get educated. It would be idiotic to define our worth based on education and money. Buying into this white system means we devalue our own humanity.
Because a doctor and a d-boy aren’t on the same level

Last edited:

totto

Rising Star
Registered
You’ll never hear a redneck talk about himself like he’s important. Low class Asians get shunned. Meanwhile, our trash is mad vocal and opinionated. So much to the point that Blackness is defined by being poor and dumb to most. If you went to public school, you’ve seen/heard it first hand

Because a doctor and a d-boy aren’t on the same level
We're too classist, socializing and living are different the problem is it's getting very obvious.

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
I have many qualms with certain cultural adoptions, practices, and promotions, but what has the bourgeoise Black class contributed to the culture over the last 200 years? I can tell you what they haven't. They do nothing but mimic white culture. They largely comprised my professional network, and sometimes, I want to cut their balls right the fuck off.
Everything positively (sometimes negatively) celebrated or associated with the Black culture was birthed from those who had created and innovated from poor economic means into globally embraced and admired contributions.

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Low class Asians get sent to Africa and told to rule over an "inferior people".

Low class whites have their elite pander to them constantly via the GOP.

Public schools is not representative of black America. Black Americans are very classist, and if you dont see that you mst have either been born light(or lucky) enough to never see it, or you are choosing to ignore it.

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
A thread full of dudes wanting to embrace classism cause deep down you want to be able to say you're better than somebody.

Some of you niggas in here are so insecure it's sad.
I think thats in there, its always about gloating about superiority over the others. You see it epitomized heavily in Hip-Hop music today with its messaging of intense hostility toward poor/broke people. A lot of the messaging in the culture right now is about rejecting people who dont share similar status as you and keeping resources exclusive to a select few.

Not about separating to establish a new way of living but fools simply want to look down on others to make themselves feel better.

However, I do believe there are a lot of Blacks who want to see Black people do better but understand some form of separation from old habits has to happen so the masses can see there is better to strive for. Sadly, enough the well meaning Blacks get categorized as being the bourgeois. Outside looking in it gets difficult to sort who is who.