How many DirectTV users do we have in here????

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
pissed-foh.gif

An RnB Thug

El Capitan of The LOVE BOAT
Platinum Member
Shocked they are still in business.
Who want them UGLY ass satellite dishes on the side of their home?
You go to any POOR neighborhood that's all you see, 4-5 on ONE damn house.
I'm like God damn, ya'll all couldn't agree to SPLIT a damn bill to save money!?

Anyway, I think they going away from those and doing their service through an app on your TV
At least sports is that way now.....

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm like God damn, ya'll all couldn't agree to SPLIT a damn bill to save money!?

Anyway, I think they going away from those and doing their service through an app on your TV
i think you're confusing DirectTV with Dish

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor

Yep they don't push the satellites any more its the Direct TV stream service, which is the same as youtube tv, hulu live stream, and Sling tv. All are crap with shit quality.

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shit happens every other year so they can negotiate a new deal with sports channels. Think it was 2006 and we lost CBS that Thursday and colllege football started Saturday and the NFL the next Sunday. Missed 2 weeks of football and they caved.

Now I have FIOS and 2 years ago we lost NBC for 10 days, missed the first 2 Sunday night games of the season.

They know what they are doing.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shit happens every other year so they can negotiate a new deal with sports channels. Think it was 2006 and we lost CBS that Thursday and colllege football started Saturday and the NFL the next Sunday. Missed 2 weeks of football and they caved.

Now I have FIOS and 2 years ago we lost NBC for 10 days, missed the first 2 Sunday night games of the season.

They know what they are doing.
yeah Disney is strong arming the fuck out of everybody.

doe moe

Rising Star
Platinum Member

DirecTV is compensating customers affected by the Disney outage. But they have to take action to get it

For DirecTV subscribers frustrated by the loss of ESPN and other Disney-owned channels, the TV provider is offering some compensation as the blackout stretches into its third day.

The company is offering credits of at least $20 to customers who have DirecTV, DirecTV Stream and U-Verse services — but customers won’t get the credit automatically. They must go to a special website and apply for it using their account’s email, and the credit will show up on a future bill.

The outage, which affects 11 million subscribers, comes as college football and NFL seasons are getting underway and the US Open tennis tournament reaches its final few days.

“We’re pursuing every avenue to get your station back,” DirecTV said on the website. “To thank you for your patience, until the situation is resolved, we’re offering you a bill credit.”
On Sunday, Disney pulled ESPN and other cable channels it owns, like Freeform and FX, as well as Disney-owned ABC affiliates, including in New York, Chicago and Los Angeles, from DirecTV’s lineup because the two companies failed to reach a new distribution deal.

“The Walt Disney Co. is once again refusing any accountability to consumers, distribution partners, and now the American judicial system,” Rob Thun, chief content officer at DirecTV, said in a previous statement. “They want to continue to chase maximum profits and dominant control at the expense of consumers — making it harder for them to select the shows and sports they want at a reasonable price.”

Disney, in response, said it’s “open to offering DirecTV flexibility and terms which we’ve extended to other distributors, we will not enter into an agreement that undervalues our portfolio of television channels and programs.”

Disney offered DirecTV a sports-centric package that included ESPN networks and ABC sports broadcasts, as well as a selection of Disney’s linear channels paired with some of the entertainment giant’s direct-to-consumer services, a person familiar with the matter told CNN.

The collapse of the talks comes as satellite and cable providers seek skinnier and more flexible bundles from programmers that could allow for more affordable options for consumers who are seeking a smaller selection of channels.

jayrob777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I used to work for a company this company that starts with an X for almost 20 plus years. I was an outside sales rep and was killing it. I was signing up folks up let and right with cable/internet packages. Fast forward to now and I only have HSI and i was put on to IPTV. I am mad that i didn't get down with on this sooner.

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
I used to work for a company this company that starts with an X for almost 20 plus years. I was an outside sales rep and was killing it. I was signing up folks up let and right with cable/internet packages. Fast forward to now and I only have HSI and i was put on to IPTV. I am mad that i didn't get down with on this sooner.
I mean, at least you got on, it's never too late.

Lexx Diamond

Art Lover ❤️ Sex Addict®™
Staff member
Welp they had a good 20 plus yr run!

Direct TV is what you get when you live way out in whitelandia where they have DSL running through legacy infrastructure from the 20th century. There are people still using dial up in some places. Once you can get HSI via FIOS or broadband you don't need Direct TV. Get a magic jack & have phone, TV & Internet.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
It's not free. Your info and passwords are the price.
How ? I dont even have to sign in to watch anything. Theyre just random zigts that post mostly bootlegged flicks with indian sanskrit , watermarks and commercials and them a few months later they post the hi def version.