I agree, I tried coconut water before and that shit was nasty!

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
My local international supermarket.

The first two on the left are my favorite brands, used to buy them on Amazon but they're expensive af now.

__opt__aboutcom__coeus__resources__content_migration__serious_eats__seriouseats.com__images__2015__03__20150320-coconut-water-taste-test-5-bc44a8d723ff46d5a89ca9d69e4bc230.jpg
The two in the middle I’ve tried

I’m tell you the best I’ve ran across is at the Dollar General.

I get like 10 @ a time

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don’t know about commercial bottled coconut water but fresh coconut water straight from the source is trash. I tried some on vacation because you always see people sipping straight from the coconut enjoying themselves. But what I failed to realize is that those coconuts are fucking room temperature on a tropical island, so it’s like basically drinking a hot cup of coffee on a hot Summer day. If I’m on the beach I want something cold and refreshing to drink, not some warm, unsweetened bullshit that you got to spike with rum to make enjoyable.
When I went to the Bahamas they sliced em open right in front of us and similar to the "Fresh Squeezed Lemonade" at Carnivals they put the water/ milk in a shaker with ice and then put it back in the shell with some "likka," mixers and a straw....

Best painkiller I ever had!

They did it "virgin" as well, just shake it up an poured it back in for the kids......that shit was good too

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
Beer is nasty the first few times you drink it. People are retarded though, I've heard people say water taste horrible.
That's because people aren't used to drinking something with no taste. So, of course they're gonna say water is horrible. That's why you gotta start early with having them drink water and less soda.

Lexx Diamond

Art Lover ❤️ Sex Addict®™
Staff member
You know what tastes worse than coconut water? Beer. People force themselves to like that trash. It tastes like dirty dish water

As I am a beer lover and beer drinker I will say if you ever try to slip me non alcoholic beer. Talmbout it still had the flavor and I was the designated driver. I would never trust you again. I ain't trying to taste beer without a alcohol. That's like smoking funky weed without THC. I'd be vex as fuck.

Dr. Truth

QUACK!
BGOL Investor
As I am a beer lover and beer drinker I will say if you ever try to slip me non alcoholic beer. Talmbout it still had the flavor and I was the designated driver. I would never trust you again. I ain't trying to taste beer without an alcohol. That's like smoking funky weed without THC. I'd be vex as fuck.
You just like the alcohol taste? Why not just drink moonshine

GuessWho21212

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
When I went to the Bahamas they sliced em open right in front of us and similar to the "Fresh Squeezed Lemonade" at Carnivals they put the water/ milk in a shaker with ice and then put it back in the shell with some "likka," mixers and a straw....

Best painkiller I ever had!

They did it "virgin" as well, just shake it up an poured it back in for the kids......that shit was good too
My resort must have been cutting corners because they skipped that whole ice step. Dude just chopped the top off the coconut, threw in a straw and handed it to me. I took 3 sips and tossed it into the trash.

Lexx Diamond

Art Lover ❤️ Sex Addict®™
Staff member
You just like the alcohol taste? Why not just drink moonshine

I prefer a certain balance in beer. For example I get a 24 ounce can of beer with 6% alcohol having 22.56oz water and 1.44oz of alcohol by volume. Less than a shot of liquor. Two three cans of those and I'm good. As well as more than a half gallon of water if I drink three. How many of those judgemental finger pointers drink that much water in a sitting? Just saying.

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
Tasted coconut water when I was young straight from the coconut.. tasted like shit never again
People be thinking we lying about that coconut water being nasty.

I had that shit from a brand getting it from a store and that shit taste nasty which is why I want to try others to see if I like them!

Last edited:

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shit taste like swamp water...brah
A Killa I don't think I've ever said you were wrong about anything playa.....

There are kinds/ brands that are trash, but I promise you homie, you get on with that Goya or the other one I posted, chilled in the fridge for a few hours........ shits is delicious.

Imma try that Harmless one that was posted too. All I can say is that juice fresh from the coconut like I had in the Bahamas was amazing....

The canned stuff is close, but nothing like the real thing

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
A Killa I don't think I've ever said you were wrong about anything playa.....

There are kinds/ brands that are trash, but I promise you homie, you get on with that Goya or the other one I posted, chilled in the fridge for a few hours........ shits is delicious.

Imma try that Harmless one that was posted too. All I can say is that juice fresh from the coconut like I had in the Bahamas was amazing....

The canned stuff is close, but nothing like the real thing

Or just buy a real coconut and crack it open

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
I don't get it...yall thought coconut water was supposed to taste like pina colada or something??

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Depending on where you live the real thing may not be available.
Or just buy a real coconut and crack it open

I know if I want real coconut I either gotta go to whole foods or wait for Giant Eagle to carry them in the spring /summer....

They may have them year round in some locations but a whole coconut is $8 -$10 a can of coconut water can be $1-$3......

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Depending on where you live the real thing may not be available.

I know if I want real coconut I either gotta go to whole foods or wait for Giant Eagle to carry them in the spring /summer....

They may have them year round in some locations but a whole coconut is $8 -$10 a can of coconut water can be $1-$3......
You have to buy the organic kind that only has coconut water as the ingredient and no sugar or any other crap.