I am Watching BET: Is This What Black Music Has Become

Alpha_Male

Star
Registered
I am watching BET hoping to see a tribute the the greatest artist ever lived, and here come a buch of modern day clowns. Some dude name soulja boy with pants to his ankle and T pain with a big ass chain around his neck jumping like a kid in need of ritalin. What have become of the black talents? You know like MJ, Marvin gaye, Lionel Ritchie, Isley Brothers, aaron nerville, ect. what ever happened to producing music?

What happened? Where did we go wrong?

Last edited:

Mr MajestiK

Rising Star
Registered
I am watching BET hoping to see a tribute the the greatest artist ever lived, and here come a buch of modern day clowns. Some dude name soulja boy with pants to his ankle and T pain with a big ass chain. What have become of the black talents? You know like MJ, Marvin gaye, Lionel Ritchie, Isley Brothers, aaron nerville, ect. what ever happened to producing music?

We stopped respecting and nurturing talent.:smh::smh::smh:

Dolemitexp

Potential Star
Registered
I ain't watchin this bullshit another minute... It's pure buffoonery and a disgrace to MJ's legacy.:smh: Ole thrown together half assed crap, they shoulda did a SEPERATE show for MJ.

beof

Rising Star
Registered
The BET Awards always suck. This is just terrible. Even Jamie Foxx is hella weak trying to do MJ moves he cant do.

Jagi

True Fist of the North Star
OG Investor
shhhhhhhhhhhhh

people love B.E.T.

you cant say nothing bad about that channel

even beyonce sucks, i'd fuck her, but her performance sucks

the b.e.t. themes sucks

their whole channel sucks

hev1205

Potential Star
Registered
I ain't watchin this bullshit another minute... It's pure buffoonery and a disgrace to MJ's legacy.:smh: Ole thrown together half assed crap, they shoulda did a SEPERATE show for MJ.

:smh::smh::smh:This is plain ol' embarrasing!!! There is no continuity between the acts and the awards, Jamie's shit is getting tired already. 1 hour into the show and there has been two tribute songs to the GREATEST entertainer of all time?? No video montage? WTF???? Guess I have to wait for the Grammy's to see a REAL tribute to the KING OF POP!!!!:angry::angry:

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
Whatever happened to musicians who could play instruments?
I believe this to the main cause of Black's music degradation throughout the years.
Take for example a bulk of music entertainers (not musicians) of the day: Beyonce, Jay-Z, 50 Cent, Puffy, Neyo, Chis Brown, and many other could not recognize a g-clef if it slapped them in the face.

xxxxxxxxxllllllllllllll

Star
Registered
Yea I'd rather watch Parliament and the fat dude on stage with a diaper on. Relax man..its just epxression.

But at the same time.. I'm no fan of BET or Souljah Boy.. but let him do him

I am watching BET hoping to see a tribute the the greatest artist ever lived, and here come a buch of modern day clowns. Some dude name soulja boy with pants to his ankle and T pain with a big ass chain around his neck jumping like a kid in need of ritalin. What have become of the black talents? You know like MJ, Marvin gaye, Lionel Ritchie, Isley Brothers, aaron nerville, ect. what ever happened to producing music?

Just like MJ these niggas suffer from an identity crisis

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

That's why I dont listen to rap and r&b music all that much....too much stupidity.

When sumone who's been in the game for a long time trying to tell these young people to step their game up...these muthafuckaz call it hating...Thats why I dont comment on this nonsense cuz its just a waste of my time....

You got people like Beyonce who cant sing to save her life but make alot of money....:hmm::hmm::hmm:

This is one of the many reason why I dont watch television unless its football....

Whatever happened to musicians who could play instruments?
I believe this to the main cause of Black's music degradation throughout the years.
Take for example a bulk of music entertainers (not musicians) of the day: Beyonce, Jay-Z, 50 Cent, Puffy, Neyo, Chis Brown, and many other could not recognize a g-clef if it slapped them in the face.

Alot of schools get rid of Music Appreciation and Art classes in Middle School and High School....I remember taking music when I was in Middle School that was the shit...:yes:

shat11

Potential Star
Registered

Word! Michael deserves a tribute from real musicians. My woman and I were shaking our fucin heads when that soulja boy shit came on.

You want to know what else, young bruthas are coerced into believing that playing instruments like the guitar, sax, trumpet, etc is not a black thing. I remember one of my nephews getting picked on by other young bruthas for being in band and playin the trumpet--> They said only white people play instruments, you believe that shit??!

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
As soon as we get back to playing instruments, great music will resurface.
Remember Hendrix, Prince, Marley, Miles, Coltrane, Rollins?

Alicia and John Legend can't do it alone.

TMNTnigg

Support BGOL
Registered
I dont have cable...Does anyone know of a stream link so I can witness the coonery firsthand?