I like the Saturn Vue-think it's a good idea to buy new with Saturn going under?

Lola

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What do you think?

2009-Saturn-Vue-XR-002.jpg

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
looks straight but how hard will the parts be to find down the road.
but then again you most likely will just drive it till it drops and all you really need is breaks and oil changes.
hmmmmm
i say it depends on the price

Lola

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
but then again you most likely will just drive it till it drops and all you really need is breaks and oil changes.
hmmmmm

Yes, I was at the nail shop the other day and this Asian dude was on speakerphone with this white dude who worked at a Saturn dealership..he was going off, saying how many people were going to lose their jobs and he got a "bunch of inventory" that he has got to sell, etc.

I was just thinking we might get some good deals, but I'm worried about the future.

I had my eye on the Saturn Vue for a while now, before all this news came out.

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The Saturn actually drives very well, compared to other American cars.

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member
hmmmmm

No, they have to keep making parts for the cars for 10 years after they've been discontinued.

Last edited:

KA$H

GoldMember
BGOL Investor
Whats wrong with the Mitsubishi Endeavor? :rolleyes: Thought u were all in lub with it and shit?...:hmm:

Lola

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Whats wrong with the Mitsubishi Endeavor? :rolleyes: Thought u were all in lub with it and shit?...:hmm:

Because it's a 2005, I paid it off, it's got 180,000 miles on it and I want a new car. I still love Mitsubishi, always will, but the new 2009 Endeavors are a little too expensive for me.

Since you are in the car game, what do you think of this with Saturn? Answer the thread question instead of starting shit.
:hmm:

DEBO0187

Star
Registered
Because it's a 2005, I paid it off, it's got 180,000 miles on it and I want a new car. I still love Mitsubishi, always will, but the new 2009 Endeavors are a little too expensive for me.

Since you are in the car game, what do you think of this with Saturn? Answer the thread question instead of starting shit.

dam, momma put u in place :smh:

oolong tea

Rising Star
Registered

Sound like my mother. Why not buy a used car with less miles on it? Let someone else take the hit on a new vehicle?

KA$H

GoldMember
BGOL Investor

Correcton WAS in the car game 3 years ago for 6 months...:hmm:

But with way you drive 180,000 miles in 4 years, 45,000 miles a year :hmm:. U might want to consider a vehicle that has a company thats gonna be around... Nevermind, Doesn't Chevy have someting with Saturn? maybe u'll be able to buy parts thru them if anything, maybe there will be interchangeable with The Equinox or something :dunno:

Nemesis Prime

Support BGOL
Registered
Correcton WAS in the car game 3 years ago for 6 months...:hmm:

But with way you drive 180,000 miles in 4 years, 45,000 miles a year :hmm:. U might want to consider a vehicle that has a company thats gonna be around... Nevermind, Doesn't Chevy have someting with Saturn? maybe u'll be able to buy parts thru them if anything, maybe there will be interchangeable with The Equinox or something :dunno:

GM did a good job with the Equinox this year. Why not get that. You probably could get that around the same price...

2010_chevy_equinox_4.jpg

2010_chevy_equinox.jpg

PhillyTheKid

Rising Star
Registered

My wife has a 2005 endeavor too. Best SUV I ever bought. We only have 40k on it an its never given us any trouble. Great SUV.

DarkCity

Support BGOL
Registered
My girl just got an 07 Equinox. I like it for a chick. Spacious on the inside and rides smooth.

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member

:hmm::hmm: 45k miles a year? I guess you can do that when you live in your car.

Lord T

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
there will still be parts available.
No, they have to keep making parts for the cars for 10 years after they've being discontinued.
True. Plus it is still has the GM 5 Yr. warranty. I'm sure they will send you to the Chevrolet dealership for servicing in the near future.

why would you buy a car from a company that went bankrupt?
Fag. Make sure you zip tie down your Toyota floor mats...

GM did a good job with the Equinox this year. Why not get that. You probably could get that around the same price...

2010_chevy_equinox_4.jpg

2010_chevy_equinox.jpg
Yeah they're very nice! Saw one at the dealership when I got my oil changed. I would say go for it if the prices are the same, but as of now she can probably get a better deal on the Vue.

I would like to see what they are offering on the Sky's now

:lol: That's some hella traveling!

3996385824_52e6d9c022.jpg
3995624955_8c41d7d5ac.jpg

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Discontinued and bankrupt are not the same.

I think I am perfectly aware of that. But since production was stopped because of the bankruptcy, GM would be stupid to not re-affirm that obligation under the bankruptcy if they want to stay in business . So, I am sure that they did. Besides, I think the Govt is offering some type of warranty program to address this problem.

Lola

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I drive a lot over to the next state to see my family AND we took it on some trips the past 4 years. In addition, we live out far from the city, but I work in the city, so let's just say 45,000 miles a year is very possible for me. It's really not that hard to add a lot of miles on your car, unless you live close to work and live in the city.

Lola

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think I am perfectly aware of that. But since production was stopped because of the bankruptcy, GM would be stupid to not re-affirm that obligation under the bankruptcy if they want to stay in business . So, I am sure that they did. Besides, I think the Govt is offering some type of warranty program to address this problem.

Hmm...well, we are going to check some Vue's out this weekend.

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I drive a lot over to the next state to see my family AND we took it on some trips the past 4 years. In addition, we live out far from the city, but I work in the city, so let's just say 45,000 miles a year is very possible for me. It's really not that hard to add a lot of miles on your car, unless you live close to work and live in the city.

Hold on, a civil response from Lola even though I was baiting her :eek::puke:

Ok, who's using your account :smh:

Lola

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hold on, a civil answer and decent behavior from Lola even though I was baiting her :eek::puke:

Ok, who's using your account :smh:

I almost took the bait, but you're not worth it. Again, putting a lot of miles on your car is not a hard thing to do.

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I almost took the bait, but your not worth it. Again, putting a lot of miles on your car is not a hard thing to do.

Did you mean "you're"
Considering that you fawn over the likes of Destrehan, there is no big loss on my part.

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
No, but I live having a new car, where I don't have to worry about repairs or it breaking down. I have to drive far for work and I like having a nicer vehicle.

Then why don't you buy something cheaper and newer that you can pay off quickly. (say less than a year) If your car works now, I'd save my money.

We've been programmed in America to buy another car every time we pay off the last one. So you perpetually stay in debt.

Think about how much you'll spend on a note, interest and insurance over the course of a loan....and as soon as your done paying....YOU BUY another one.

Debt is killing people in America.....

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member
What kind?

The Sedan. It has a solid and confident handling. Almost German like.

Edit, I went out and looked . It's an "Aura"

Really. Go there and drive it and you should have no warranty problems. I am also sure that they are giving them away. Go on the message forum on edmunds and find out what kind of discounts that people are getting.

Lola

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Then why don't you buy something cheaper and newer that you can pay off quickly. (say less than a year) If your car works now, I'd save my money.

We've been programmed in America to buy another car every time we pay off the last one. So you perpetually stay in debt.

Think about how much you'll spend on a note, interest and insurance over the course of a loan....and as soon as your done paying....YOU BUY another one.

Debt is killing people in America.....

I hear you. I'm just thinking about it really. That's why I was attracted to the Saturn, because I figured I might be able to get a better deal on a new car since they are going under. I'm not trying to have some huge car note.