I mad defeated with the IT shit, interviews but no jobs...

illdog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't have a business license, I am trying to sign up...
No licenses required to find most contract work...setup is a bit tedious and signing up as a business may require tax id/s.s. id/licenses..There will be certain work that will require certs/licenses for higher level jobs.

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Those agencies normally hire from within. The most reliable option is LinkedIn. I got my SA job with the Army through them. Your profile must be appeasing.
Im a govt employee , im aware of that.

More of a chance if you apply to multiple vacancies. But the internal hire doesn’t effect him cause he's IT plentiful openings

LongLocs85

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Florida paying niggas to hunt invasive snakes... Could also get a sprinter van and do lost luggage pick up and drops offs from the airport...

Also know someone over 50 that started a whole new career as a CNC machinist and the nigga also certified electrician, got nice paying 9-5 and runs his own business part-time to supplement... Pretty much what I'm saying it's money and opportunities out here to be made depending on how flexible you are.... Woe is me is not the way to go bruh - persistence

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I live in Snellville. When I moved here 8 years ago it was tough sledding finding a full-time IT position. Most jobs in the area are mostly temp. Create a LinkedIn account. You will see mad jobs there. Feel free to lie to make your resume look good. But you must have a industry certification. Start with Security +.
I'm doing the Google Cybersecurity Certificate right now through Coursera. Going good so far and they actually help you with getting a job once you've completed the certificate.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Keep ya head up family. Keep talking to folk, especially if they are good folk and don’t want anything from you. The best part about being in the valley is it shows you who your real friends are. Take note and hold those people close. I have a friend going thru a divorce and a job situation. We laughed about when we got kicked out of Nikki’s on Stewart ave for sitting next to the main stage and not tipping. Life can be grand if you pay attention.

Club Nikki's is mentioned in this song

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You must change your perspective. Start seeing challenges as opportunities and embrace them. Nothing worth having ever comes easy.

If what you want was easy everyone would do it.

And make these schools and companies count you out. Don't count yourself out!

Keep putting yourself out there and great things will happen. Just like meeting a woman. You ain't gonna meet her sitting at home. You gotta get out there champ!

totto

Rising Star
Registered
I'm doing the Google Cybersecurity Certificate right now through Coursera. Going good so far and they actually help you with getting a job once you've completed the certificate.
I have the S+ which I would assume is a little bit better but I will look into this. How much did you pay?

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
For what’s it’s worth, I put in 65 applications in 2021. I had about 5 interviews and I job I had 6 and still don’t get it.

One job I applied to led to a class action lawsuit which I got $5k from.

Eventually, I got hired in my field. I’m still working there today, but my head is always on the swivel and staying updated with the latest skills.

kdogg3270

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Network Operations and Security BS degree

CCNA
and COMPTIA Trifecta but S+ is about to expire

I worked alot of shit jobs and I don't put them on my resume
you can do/upload CEU's (continuing education credits) to CompTIA, pay the fees ($150 for the full 3 years) and keep your sec+ active

nawlinsn931

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dude we just hired a dude with a whole programing degree...to do desktop support...

Smh...he literally said he had to start somewhere..could not get a job doing anything else
I’m joking but that’s how it is with my cdl as well

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
battling depression and other shit and i went back to school and finished.

But I'm old so people look at it funny like damn what took you so long?

So I think it's best to call it a day and accept it, I'm too old to start over.
Never too late to start as long as you are still alive.

Have you tried to start your own business? That may be the most lucrative.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Dude we just hired a dude with a whole programing degree...to do desktop support...

Smh...he literally said he had to start somewhere..could not get a job doing anything else
Folks think it’s a game out here. I feel sorry for the Indians, the Chinese, the Africans, and American Africans who bought into this lie. My daughter says she wants to be a biomedical engineer. I laughed and asked her if she was looking at the potential salary or does she really want to have cripples learn to pop lock. It was the money. It’s always about the dollars. An entire generation down the drain.