Jason Black - The Black Authority gets a Racis Answer From Sen Warren on Reparations...

mikegold800

Star
Registered
They asked her when are you going to cut the check for reparations if elected and she responded "Check for What"!!!!

They dont give a damm about the reparations issue only to use it to get votes to get into office...

@38min

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
Reparations may not be necessary. If we have a $1 trillion dollars and whites have $50 trillion as a result of slavery, when the government needs funding to build communal assets, who do you think will carry the burden the most? For a long period, the marginal tax rate was quite high, and the death tax hit a lot of the wealthy. We gain access to infrastructure, schools, and other social benefits with very little being paid in return from us. Many of them will pay property taxes and send their kids to private school to segregate themselves. Recently, they have started to change this because of the demographic shift to reduce the wealth transfer that happens with government spending.

• In 2015, the top 50 percent of all taxpayers paid 97.2 percent of all individual income taxes while the bottom 50 percent paid the remaining 2.8 percent.
  • The top 1 percent paid a greater share of individual income taxes (39.0 percent) than the bottom 90 percent combined (29.4 percent).
  • The top 1 percent of taxpayers paid a 27.1 percent individual income tax rate, which is more than seven times higher than taxpayers in the bottom 50 percent (3.6 percent).
They can hoard all the wealth they want from slavery, stealing intellectual property from me, when the government needs money to pay for shit they're going to be paying for it because we don't have anything and we will most likely the beneficiaries to the programs.

Reactions: fu2

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
I like Senator Warren but that was a Bernie Sanders answer which gets on my nerves

playa-exodus

Rising Star
Registered
That's not what happened at all. She said she has been on the reparations train. Then she went and had conversations and gave her attention to other people about what looks to be something totally unrelated. Some guy started obnoxiously yelling CUT THE CHECK CUT THE CHECK, and Warren was like WTF are you talking about? Niggas keep trying to mislead impressionable idiots to knock down well meaning people like Elizabeth Warren which does nothing but help the causes of Trump and the MAGA idiots.

Senator Elizabeth Warren backs reparations for black Americans

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
Y’all love these faggots tho

Elizabeth Warren is a faggot?

d9dbhal-ca463e31-77af-4ba3-a4b0-402be317295c.jpg

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
That's not what happened at all. She said she has been on the reparations train. Then she went and had conversations and gave her attention to other people about what looks to be something totally unrelated. Some guy started obnoxiously yelling CUT THE CHECK CUT THE CHECK, and Warren was like WTF are you talking about? Niggas keep trying to mislead impressionable idiots to knock down well meaning people like Elizabeth Warren which does nothing but help the causes of Trump and the MAGA idiots.

One could also say that she only supports a study and or "non check cutting" method of reparations too.

https://amp-cnn-com.cdn.ampproject....zabeth-warren-cnn-intv-reparations/index.html

playa-exodus

Rising Star
Registered

There's a case to be made for the creation of specific programs and initiatives for us being smarter than giving people straight cash that will end up foolishly funneled back into an economy that will only make white people richer.

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor

Ok

Big Bang

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The problem with simply “cutting a check” that is gone once you spend it, is that: 1) it gives white people a pass to continue all of their racist institutions and activity without addressing the systemic racism and discrimination; 2) they will use it as a weapon to basically say, “we paid you back” you have nothing more to complain about”. I am not opposed to “getting a check”, but I think the study is necessary to determine what other policies need to be implemented together with “the check”, to insure that the reparations are meaningful and not just cosmetic. Once that “check” is gone it’s gone, and our reality could very well remain the same. Think of all those lottery winners, athletes, etc. that go broke. We need more than “just a check”.

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
Thank you.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
When income and wealth is distributed evenly taxes to fund the government are assessed evenly. When income distribution is uneven because of theft of resources, stealing IP off of me to make movies, well....

Maxxam

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Also, she actually reached out and met with Ta-Nehisi Coates privately to discuss reparations after he wrote his piece. That was 5 years ago.

She's probably the most serious candidate in regards to this topic.

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
There's a case to be made for the creation of specific programs and initiatives for us being smarter than giving people straight cash that will end up foolishly funneled back into an economy that will only make white people richer.
oh, no one said just cash
how about both spread out over years and decades

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
The problem with simply “cutting a check” that is gone once you spend it, is that: 1) it gives white people a pass to continue all of their racist institutions and activity without addressing the systemic racism and discrimination; 2) they will use it as a weapon to basically say, “we paid you back” you have nothing more to complain about”. I am not opposed to “getting a check”, but I think the study is necessary to determine what other policies need to be implemented together with “the check”, to insure that the reparations are meaningful and not just cosmetic. Once that “check” is gone it’s gone, and our reality could very well remain the same. Think of all those lottery winners, athletes, etc. that go broke. We need more than “just a check”.
the study i mentioned is simply to research if we ARE entitled to reparations.
and all of that other stuff you mentioned is some bs.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
They asked her when are you going to cut the check for reparations if elected and she responded "Check for What"!!!!

They dont give a damm about the reparations issue only to use it to get votes to get into office...

@38min

:clown
oh, no one said just cash
how about both spread out over years and decades
funny thing is thats exactly what the US did for russian jews / hasidic jews back in the 70s in NY
welfare + cash + federal backed credit

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
When income and wealth is distributed evenly taxes to fund the government are assessed evenly. When income distribution is uneven because of theft of resources, stealing IP off of me, well....

We need to fight any funding such as tolls or per use charges, I know in Maryland they put toll roads all over the place. The costs for mass transit is sky high.

I don't want reparations, I want to work them slow over time to get what was took from me and my ancestors.

:lol::lol::lol:

If you travel to countries where infrastructure is poor, you will see how valuable these assets are to the people. You need to include your wealth plus your access to these resources that are available.

The way taxes are assessed penalizes the wealthy in general. If a group is wealthy because of slavery, they are getting hit unintentionally.

P6078629.JPG

Last edited:

Big Bang

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
the study i mentioned is simply to research if we ARE entitled to reparations.
and all of that other stuff you mentioned is some bs.
You miss my point. I agree that we are entitled to reparations. I am only saying that reparations are not "just a check". A check will not necessarily ensure that you have equal opportunity, and equal protection under the law. Absolutely, take the check..but that is not enough. Not sure why you would conclude that such a position is BS. Please explain.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
A more realistic plan is to fight tolls or per use charges. Get that shit down to .25 if that. More state and federal funding of schools and colleges. Expanding Medicaid and tax credits for the poor.

Mass transit should be almost free, not $10 each way for the subway.

Right now they are trying to bring online private mass transit, which should be discouraged.

Last edited:

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
Quit pestering the politicians about reparations, you are wasting your time. Calling them racist if they are silent or reject the idea. They have too many coons on payroll backing them up as you saw at the hearing.

The people that can repair the damage of slavery will lose when we get discouraged and not vote.

The wealth disparity is bad but compared to 100 years ago when our ancestors had no house, cars, retirement, education compared to now.

Last edited:

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
You miss my point. I agree that we are entitled to reparations. I am only saying that reparations are not "just a check". A check will not necessarily ensure that you have equal opportunity, and equal protection under the law. Absolutely, take the check..but that is not enough. Not sure why you would conclude that such a position is BS. Please explain.
I would say BS because you have a defeatist attitude. You're betting on Black people collectively fucking up the bag as to why we shouldn't get cash.
Cacs getting govt involved literally changed there direction in life (new deal, land grants etc) so miss us with that please.

Oh and there's this

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I would say BS because you have a defeatist attitude. You're betting on Black people collectively fucking up the bag as to why we shouldn't get cash.
Cacs getting govt involved literally changed there direction in life (new deal, land grants etc) so miss us with that please.

Oh and there's this

land = credit

In the past federal Land Grant's came with a line of credit and other assistance

Big Bang

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Oh and there's this

I didn’t say anything about land..although I think it should be part of the equation. I also didn’t say that we should not get reparations. I stated that we ARE entitled to reparations. I agree that we should get a check. My attitude is exactly the opposite of defeatist since I am saying that we should get a check plus more. A check is not enough. There should be a check and then some. You are not reading carefully and bringing your own assumptions to the table. You are picking an argument where there is none. I’m not betting on black people fucking up the bag. But I know that PEOPLE (of whatever race) can fuck up the bag. But even if they don’t, money doesn’t address everything. We need money, but we also need access, opportunity, education, equal protection. How many rich educated black people still get harassed and shot by police? I just don’t want us to sell ourselves short. Once they pay us they will assume that we have nothing else to complain about..just like they tried to use Obama’s election against us (since y’all got a black pres...what are still crying about racism for?). And that wasn’t even about reparations. If you say, “give me money and we’re even”. Then once we get paid, they will feel like we’re even, although our paid asses can still get shot by cops, denied access to positions of influence etc. What we were put through as a people at the hands of this nation will require MORE than JUST money to make it right. Money is ONE step. Focus that “BS” energy you coming at me with, on the people that are actually trying to hold us back, not on those of us who don’t want us to be short-sighted and short changed. You clearly have a problem (reading comprehension maybe) but I’m not your problem homeboy.

Last edited:

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
Here are some more ideas. The gas tax is used to fund roads and is very regressive.

We should get paid taking mass transit during peak hours since you reduce traffic and road congestion.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
A person is held liable for the actions of their ancestor is weak. This could establish a troubling precedent. Our society is based on being held accountable on the individual. However, the Japanese internment camps was derived from an executive order issued by the President, that violated the law.

If President Trump issues an executive order authorizing slavery, in violation of Constitution, the government should be held liable. If it was pre Civil War with no 14th Amendment, than we are out of luck.

I would fight the toll charges and high mass transit costs in predominantly minority areas. The government should be paying you for easing traffic congestion. I would pursue more social safety net programs. I know in Atlanta they got tolls on every block.