Update: Vice President Kamala Harris is now the Democratic presidential nominee

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor

GUoO_PcW4AA9KZj

"Sooner or later, Florida Democrats have no choice but to burn the current party to the ground and start from scratch. Today's opening of early voting across all counties in the state shows an embarrassing turnout for Team Blue.

This primary will mark the 4th consecutive election that Democrats have chosen not to vote, and they're now one away from seeing the party registration rolls completely gutted (even more than they've been so far).

Every county has multiple down-ballot primary races, and some counties have dozens. There's a ton to vote for locally; it baffles me to see so few voting when Republicans are well above '22 levels to day."

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

GUoO_PcW4AA9KZj

"Sooner or later, Florida Democrats have no choice but to burn the current party to the ground and start from scratch. Today's opening of early voting across all counties in the state shows an embarrassing turnout for Team Blue.

This primary will mark the 4th consecutive election that Democrats have chosen not to vote, and they're now one away from seeing the party registration rolls completely gutted (even more than they've been so far).

Every county has multiple down-ballot primary races, and some counties have dozens. There's a ton to vote for locally; it baffles me to see so few voting when Republicans are well above '22 levels to day."

Welp, I guess Harris might as well pack up, end her campaign, and just call it.

Between you and @FLoss Im convinced now.

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Why would you think a member of a failing administration, that could not do any of these things suddenly do it now?
Was she not in the Biden Administration? What's changed? wake-up

That is true. Vance changed his position on Trump, just like Kamala changed from being Indian to Black. call a spade a spade

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/article124327739.html

Your low brow inept analysis is unimpressive. By the way, that other comment has been reported :thumbsup:

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I been telling y’all about those Arabian cac sand monkies that these coons on here worship.

Those "Palestinian protesters" are likely GOP operatives. You never see them at Trump rallies or even at solo VP Eyeliner candidate events.

And :lol: :roflmao: :roflmao2: :lol: @ the Board ignoring the Weird Uncle's obsessive, off-topic posting of VP Harris for attention.

Last edited:

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm a Floridian that will vote for Harris in November and I believe that she will win the General Election.

But people keep thinking that "Florida is in play" when it isn't. I haven't seen any data to show that it is.....

I know all about Florida and I think it’s far too early to say it “isn’t” in play.

Granted assuming what you posted is true it’s not an ideal start early on.

But also remember Florida is pretty much Trumps state and our side of the major areas is a RED state and those Cubans down there don’t know what they are.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I'm a Floridian that will vote for Harris in November and I believe that she will win the General Election.

But people keep thinking that "Florida is in play" when it isn't. I haven't seen any data to show that it is.....
Although I left Florida just under two years ago, I think it is in play just off the fact that:
  • The Florida governor playing culture war BS instead getting a handle on insurance companies leaving the state
  • Many northerners moving/relocating to the state changing demographics
  • Florida "almost" going Blue for Gillum and Biden in 2018 and 2020.
I wouldn't be surprised if Kamala pulls it off. Remember, Obama carries FL in 08 and 12. If Kamala continues doing the numbers and crowds we've seen, I wouldn't be surprised if she carried FL.

sinistercane

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Although I left Florida just under two years ago, I think it is in play just off the fact that:
  • The Florida governor playing culture war BS instead getting a handle on insurance companies leaving the state
I wouldn't be surprised if Kamala pulls it off. Remember, Obama carries FL in 08 and 12. If Kamala continues doing the numbers and crowds we've seen, I wouldn't be surprised if she carried FL.
Without the republicans cheating…..Gillum would be governor and Scott would have lost the senate

SIDESHOW

Uncle Juice
BGOL Investor
I agree that there's a chance.. a slim one, but you never know.

I remember you all in 08 and 12, really coming through Blue along the I4 corridor, and driving home the victory. There's certainly a shift in the state demographics. Where I am in Jacksonville, we are now Blue county, and have elected a Democratic mayor.

It's definitely going to be a fun election night.

#fuckmiamicubans

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor

The demographic shift was mostly right leaning people moving to Florida.

"According to Florida’s Office of Economic and Demographic Research, more than 300,000 people moved to Florida between April 2020 and April 2021. Move.org found more people moved to Florida than any other state in 2020, followed by Texas, California, and Colorado. And in 2022, Florida became the fastest-growing state for the first time since 1957, according to the Census Bureau.

Meanwhile, data suggests a good portion of these arrivals helped contribute to the state’s rightward tilt. Data vendor L2 found that 46 percent of the almost 400,000 voters who moved to Florida during the pandemic registered with the GOP. Only about 23 percent registered as Democrats."

For the month of July republicans were way ahead in voter registrations even after Biden dropped out.

Now, as of yesterday the republicans are leading in the early vote.

This all on top of the fact that republicans are making it difficult to get minorities registered to vote. Plus alot of would be democrat voters are going to discover that they have been purged from the roles and didn't know to check.

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor

"According to Florida’s Office of Economic and Demographic Research, more than 300,000 people moved to Florida between April 2020 and April 2021. Move.org found more people moved to Florida than any other state in 2020, followed by Texas, California, and Colorado. And in 2022, Florida became the fastest-growing state for the first time since 1957, according to the Census Bureau.

Meanwhile, data suggests a good portion of these arrivals helped contribute to the state’s rightward tilt. Data vendor L2 found that 46 percent of the almost 400,000 voters who moved to Florida during the pandemic registered with the GOP. Only about 23 percent registered as Democrats."

For the month of July republicans were way ahead in voter registrations even after Biden dropped out.

This all on top of the fact that republicans are making it difficult to get minorities registered to vote. Plus alot of would be democrat voters are going to discover that they have been purged from the roles and didn't know to check.

The biggest problem with Florida right now when it comes to Republicans is DeSantis really screwed over a lot of middle-class Republicans. For instance, what’s going on? Is Sarasota right now? Those white people are pissed as hell with the flooding that happened in a middle-class neighborhood and the only people control that are Republicans. Miami Dade county has started turning back deep Blue. I’m not saying that it’s going to be a landslide for Kamala in Fl, but she has a chance to squeak out a win in Florida.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
The biggest problem with Florida right now when it comes to Republicans is DeSantis really screwed over a lot of middle-class Republicans. For instance, what’s going on? Is Sarasota right now? Those white people are pissed as hell with the flooding that happened in a middle-class neighborhood and the only people control that are Republicans. Miami Dade county has started turning back deep Blue. I’m not saying that it’s going to be a landslide for Kamala in Fl, but she has a chance to squeak out a win in Florida.
Man, this right here. When we left in October 2022, right after Hurricane Ian, TONS of neighborhoods in my town were still under water from Hurricane Ian and a lot of those homes were uninsurable. That was in Volusia County, just north of Orlando off I-4.

I'm not saying Kamala will win Florida, but it would not surprise me if she did.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

@praetor How about a separate thread where you can talk about the Republican led and assuming Republican vote right off the bat?

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor

I saw that Kamala was up 14 points in Miami-Dade, the problem is that Hillary won that county by 29 points and still lost the state.