Update: Vice President Kamala Harris is now the Democratic presidential nominee

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
that leverage was a bloody coup fool. NO ONE is peacefully giving up anything...jan 6 was a dress rehearsal blee dat!
wrong. and jan 6 has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

Leverage comes from the people. Obviously you missed the point so let me say it again.

you can't have a kingdom without the people participating in the kingdom.

If you don't the wishes of the people, they can shut any industry down. They can prevent people from going into office. They can threaten to overturn a govt. That's called leverage. It's happened many times in history. Power is always to the people.

If we worked as one, and said no one working until we get what we want, and everyone followed that, you best believe they will give out reparations asap. but they got you believing in the same ol bs, always coming during election time, making promises, say they will research reparations as they have since the 70s as if it needs more research, then you give them vote and they help out gays and other groups that held together as one. we dont demand shit and give away our vote and keep getting played.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Things have changed. In fact I may owe @Costanza an apology. I was dead set against Biden stepping down, because it wasn't clear that Kamala would get the nomination, and if she DID get the nomination, it wasn't clear if she would get the support she needed from white people, particularly white women. We are 13% of the population, we can't do it alone. Reports were that Biden was getting pressured not to endorse her. AOC alluded to this also when she said there was no guarantee she would be the nominee, and Kamala was the only one who could step in and take over the Biden machine and get the money. None of that was transferable, everyone else had to start from scratch.

The electorate is different. Some of the older voters have died off. There is a new crop of young voters who (if they turn out) can also have a major influence. Attacks on Biden's age were not well received. Attacks on social security etc is not well received. The cap on insulin and other medication costs have benefited seniors. The villages --VILLAGES IN FL -- are planning a golf cart parade for Kamala on Saturday.

Roe has been overturned. Women feel threatened. Dems have been over-performing in every election since then. The GOP has suggested women not being allowed to vote and that childless women are not invested in this country. The racist and sexist attacks are not landing well. Saying that the GOP will get rid of XYZ is now properly understood as simple fact and not fearmongering. White women are stepping up. They've raised over 2 million on their zoom call so far.

Recent supreme court decisions are seen as activist. Kamala can have 3-4 SCOTUS picks if she is in office over 8 years. Not to mention the legion of federal judges she can appoint.

Young people are engaged. Biden Harris had already made plans to include them live streaming from the DNC. They are creating their own content on TikTok and social media. They are pro gun legislation.

Also, Trump is no longer an unknown. I think Biden still would have won, but we didn't see the donations flowing in because everyone already knew what they were getting. No one was going to enthusiastically vote for Biden, but to stop Trump again there was no question. Biden had beat him once, had several great accomplishments, and would have been able to continue to build. The energy with Kamala is different though. In addition to the money coming in, there have been thousands of new voter registrations and sign ups for volunteering. Young people and people in general are excited about making history with the first woman president. She doesn't have the baggage Hillary had. Shes been in office for 4 years with Biden, but the right has mainly been ignoring her and waffling back and forth between her doing nothing (Where's Kamala) to being the puppet master pulling the strings instead of Biden. Mean while the public that has paid attention has seen her on the world stage with world leaders and the work she has been doing on the ground. People are comfortable seeing her in place of power. She hasn't done anything to "embarrass us". Her white husband makes her "safe". They can't say she hates white people. At the same time, white women don't seem to be threatened by her, like she would take their man or something. Even her husbands ex wife has spoken well of her. She has also spent a lot of time with college students who are always excited to see her. I think we will also see fewer protest votes because most sane people learned from 2016, even if they don't want to admit it. There are a few Bernie Bros still mad, but I think they will get in line. The black folk saying not to vote or that Kamala isn't really black weren't voting anyway, so we aren't losing anything with them, they are just making noise trying to supress other voters.

Again, Trump only really won in 2016 because he was an unknown. The right had years to target and define Hillary, something they haven't done with Kamala, and something they don't have a lot of time to pull off now. Early voting starts in Sept. They are all over the place with their attacks, no coherent message yet. In 2016, Trump had lost the popular vote then dems went on to beat him the second time in 2020. Many people have Trump fatigue and just want him gone. His age and cognitive decline are a liability also and will be discussed more as there is a stark age and energy difference between him and Kamala. He hasn't done anything to expand his base besides trying to pick off a few black men who may go for a fellow convicted felon or because they got a stimulus check. Voters have died off and been jailed. He's a convicted felon. The Epstein transcripts from 2000/2004ish showing he raped teens was released by FL and DeSantis, whom they trust, and it was from a time prior to his being a presidential candidate. He had evangelicals voting for him, who were listening to their pastors and prominent religious figures, who may not vote for him now. They also may not vote for Kamala, but that's ok because a protest or third part vote against Trump is a benefit to Kamala. White women's lives are now on the line. If they want to have children they want to be able to get proper medical care if there are complications. They don't want to be forced to carry a dead fetus for 6 months or until they get sepsis. The narrative has shifted from abortions by loose women to healthcare for all women.

I will give my usual caveats:

We need to get dems off their asses and out to vote. We know how bad Trump is. We know he can win. We know republicans cheat and suppress votes so we need extreme margins to compensate for it. We also may have the added issue of GOP lead election boards not wanting to certify elections. Possible October surprises, AI lies etc. Voter purges. (Check your registrations) Thanks to Jan 6 we also know they aren't above violence so be careful when out and about.

Vote early and get friends and family to vote early. He's not invincible, we have beat him once already. As long as we show up to vote, we will win.

I forgot to add: The GOP is broke. Down ballot Republicans can't count on money from the RNC.

Dr. Truth

QUACK!
BGOL Investor

It’s not like they’ve never been extremely racist in that Party. I mean I don’t understand why Black folks don’t want to join the Republikkklan party and stand in a crowd of racists, why not!?!????

Tea-party-racist-signs-04-back-to-kenya2.jpg

53d4e420-4475-4fc9-9898-4455993be7f5-20201013_BG3.jpg

main-qimg-7f45fd39e9b7a5d9722764ab296425ea.webp

obama-sign.jpg

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
^^^

The end of this made me think back to “You’re likable enough, Hillary.”

I like her emphasis on campaigning with joy— I think she is much more likable than Hillary was.

Plus Hillary was the absolute worst woman to run with the intense hatred of her dating back to the early 90s. She was the second most unpopular nominee in history! (The most unpopular was the guy who lost the popular vote against her.) It’s unfair to take one woman’s failure— or two, as Elizabeth Warren supporters used this as an excuse— and use it to discredit the potential of all future women.

She’s a much better candidate for a 100 day stretch than Hillary Clinton would have been at any point.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
^^^

The end of this made me think back to “You’re likable enough, Hillary.”

I like her emphasis on campaigning with joy— I think she is much more likable than Hillary was.

Plus Hillary was the absolute worst woman to run with the intense hatred of her dating back to the early 90s. She was the second most unpopular nominee in history! (The most unpopular was the guy who lost the popular vote against her.) It’s unfair to take one woman’s failure— or two, as Elizabeth Warren supporters used this as an excuse— and use it to discredit the potential of all future women.

She’s a much better candidate for a 100 day stretch than Hillary Clinton would have been at any point.

“Her positivity, sense of humor, and ability to bring light and hope”

Michelle damn near ended her tweet with #ShesLikableEnough!

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member
and as expected, deny realityand truth, and just say trump because you can't defend being a fag supporter

Honestly, there's more fag scandals coming out of MAGA-land (candidates and elected officials), where you get your one-dimensional "fag supporter" talking points memo from. Here's a hard dose of reality for you, the FELONIOUS one (that you have been defending in this very thread) is likely going to lose, BIGLY.

Voters are energized in terms of a huge spike in new voter registrations (700% increase) and record-breaking small-donor donations to VP Harris. These voters are are going to vote for their interests: Healthcare, economics, updated, comprehensive immigration laws (that your boy blocked, by the way, in hopes of placing his name on the bill IF he were to win), education, criminal justice reform, etc. In other words, the polar opposite of Project 2025.

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Currently laughing at you call someone a beta while saying "bish" like an absolute faggot. :lol:

Motherfucker has Reddit and 4Chan opened up in another tab so he can import all the latest pussy azz CACspeak over here.

:lol: :giggle::lol::roflmao2:

Anytime somebody has to tell you they are something like that they are the opposite. that’s the saddest shit I’ve ever seen. “I’m a super alpha male I swear guys please believe meeeee!!!” Lmbaooooooo

Last edited: