John Fetterman

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
He definitely needs to be replaced. His style of dress is disrespectful. His flipping on politics is disrespectful. His request for respect of his personal turmoil, while shitting on everyone else is disrespectful.

Primary him out, it's that simple. If the party doesn't actively engage in finding a better primary opponent now, they WILL lose his seat to a Republican.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered

Earlier this month, as Vice President Kamala Harris was wrapping up her search for a running mate and was considering Shapiro among her final choices, Politico reported that Fetterman aides told Harris’ team the senator had concerns about Shapiro. Days later, Fetterman sat stone-faced with his arms crossed as Shapiro delivered a rousing speech at the Philadelphia rally where Harris introduced Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz as her No. 2. Seated among a delegation of Pennsylvania politicians right in front of the press section, the 6-foot-8 Fetterman stood out as a lone member who did not join in the clapping and cheering for Shapiro.

Both are seen to harbor future presidential ambitions, while carving out unique paths to the top of the state’s pecking order. ... “It’s like oil and water,” a person familiar with the relationship said. “They are very different people. Western PA versus Eastern PA. Buttoned-up and slick versus hoodies and I shoot the s--- whenever I want to.”

Multiple people said the feud appears to be much more about Fetterman training his ire at Shapiro than the other way around, particularly as the senator has taken public steps — like sitting while Shapiro spoke at the rally and talking about their dispute on the state pardons board — to express his displeasure while Shapiro has not. Two unconnected Pennsylvania Democrats separately compared the ordeal to a popular meme from the hit TV show “Mad Men,” in which one person standing in an elevator criticizes Don Draper, the series’ main character, who responds, “I don’t think about you at all.”

“I don’t think Josh has a rivalry with Fetterman,” said Larry Ceisler, a Democratic public affairs executive in Pennsylvania and longtime observer of both men. “I think Fetterman has an obsession with Josh.”

“I wouldn’t be surprised, just like any politician, that John Fetterman thinks he can run for president one day,” Ceisler added. “So he probably thinks Josh is a potential rival. … I’ve never heard Josh speak dismissively or negatively about Fetterman. Never.”