Jonah Hill’s Shockingly Small 'Wolf of Wall Street' Payday

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
http://newsok.com/jonah-hills-shockingly-small-wolf-of-wall-street-payday/article/3926200

2f348da2-e924-43ff-a3c8-1e7cd346ff0f_MCDWOOF_EC065_H.JPG

Donnie Azoff, the sidekick and confidante of amoral financial guru Jordan Belfort in "The Wolf of Wall Street," brings home million-dollar paychecks. But the check given to the actor who played him didn't have quite as many zeroes.
It's no secret that Jonah Hill really, really wanted the part of Azoff in Martin Scorsese's three-hour pop opera of decadence and debauchery, and part of Hill's passionate lobbying for the role included taking a considerable pay cut: the actor received only $60,000 for the seven-month shoot, as revealed by Hill himself on "The Howard Stern Show."

https://twitter.com/sternshow/statuses/425630265117929472

That's just a little bit less than co-star Leonardo DiCaprio's salary (wink, wink). He got $10 million for the Oscar-nominated film, according to StatisticBrain.com … though, to be fair, that made for a 50 percent pay cut from Leo's $20 million payday for "The Great Gatsby." And while Hill isn't quite the same pay grade as his A-list co-star, $60K is pretty lowball for the actor, who has a net worth of $30 million, according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.

We guess it's somewhat cosmically appropriate that actors don't make as much as they usually do for a movie in which they play characters who make more money than God.

Still, the role has certainly paid off in other ways, as Hill has received an Oscar nomination for Best Supporting Actor for his off-the-wall, extremely funny and occasionally terrifying performance. This is Hill's second Supporting Actor nod from the Academy, following his dramatic turn in "Moneyball" (2011), in which he played the sidekick and confidant to another A-list star (Brad Pitt).

Next up for Jonah Hill is two reunion projects with his "21 Jump Street" partner, Channing Tatum: "The Lego Movie" (in which they voice two DC Comics characters, Green Lantern and Superman, respectively), opening Feb. 7, and "22 Jump Street," opening June 14. Hill will probably get paid a little more than $60,000 for that last one.

Watch the Oscars live on March 2 on ABC at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT, and stick with Yahoo Movies for Academy Awards coverage all season long.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The fuck? Why did he and Decaprio have to take paycuts to be in a Scorcese flick where all his movies do atleast 100 million? That's crazy. Leonardo's is crazy but Jonah Hill? He made that movie and he had to beg to be in it? That's crazy. 60k? Damn.

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think the company that actually made it was relatively small...and the budget was like $100 million, which is a lot of money, but not that high for hollywood....and besides Leo, they had matt mccougnahey(i know i fucked that spelling up) and rob reiner.....all big stars. They needed to pay everyone else and make the flick too, so if Leo took his usual 20.....etc.... that wouldnt leave much.

The fuck? Why did he and Decaprio have to take paycuts to be in a Scorcese flick where all his movies do atleast 100 million? That's crazy. Leonardo's is crazy but Jonah Hill? He made that movie and he had to beg to be in it? That's craqzy. 60k? Damn.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
he did it because he's where he is now.
2nd oscar nomination which adds to his value in future roles. it was a can't miss role he took 60k will be a part of that movie forever

his payday movies are coming.. 22 jump street and the lego movie.

he ain't hurting. it was strategic

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think the company that actually made it was relatively small...and the budget was like $100 million, which is a lot of money, but not that high for hollywood....and besides Leo, they had matt mccougnahey(i know i fucked that spelling up) and rob reiner.....all big stars. They needed to pay everyone else and make the flick too, so if Leo took his usual 20.....etc.... that wouldnt leave much.

You know I thought Matthew McCoughanhey probably got 7 figures for that little 2 minute role....shit now reading this article he probably did the shit for free. :lol:

2nd oscar nomination which adds to his value in future roles. it was a can't miss role he took 60k will be a part of that movie forever

HE's already a Oscar nominated actor though. He's already gotten awards for Moneyball. This would be the move i'd expect for someone trying to get that 1st nomination. Its clear that's why he did it though i'm just shocked he did.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The role he played will open up other opportunities for him

Like what? :lol: He was good in his role don't get me wrong but it was a variation of the roles hes' already taken. Now Moneyball? That's the only role he's ever been out of his element and shit in 2014 he's still taking on the same roles.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
You know I thought Matthew McCoughanhey probably got 7 figures for that little 2 minute role....shit now reading this article he probably did the shit for free. :lol:

HE's already a Oscar nominated actor though. He's already gotten awards for Moneyball. This would be the move i'd expect for someone trying to get that 1st nomination. Its clear that's why he did it though i'm just shocked he did.

1 is a fluke 2 is a pattern. that's what he's trying to establish.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
The fuck? Why did he and Decaprio have to take paycuts to be in a Scorcese flick where all his movies do atleast 100 million? That's crazy. Leonardo's is crazy but Jonah Hill? He made that movie and he had to beg to be in it? That's crazy. 60k? Damn.
:lol: Scorcese is a Jew, it was a given with the cast of this movie that it would have been a hit

onyxmodels

Rising Star
BGOL Gold Member
This is a launch pad for dude.....the big money is comin.

It would be funny that a movie like Superbad, produced two Oscar winners if he gets it next month. Old girl (name escapes me) got it for her role in The Help, and now it might be his turn.

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member

nah bills is right in this case a lot of oscars winners go cold after they win. this is just to prove mofos that he is a regular. smart move. and this is exactly the move you should do when you already cakin.

Chitownheadbusa

♏|God|♏
BGOL Investor
Dude is hilarious imho. His look adds to his hilariousness. he has the goofball type look.

When he was talking to Leonardo in that bar..talking about fucking his cousin...and telling his retarded child, "youre Free!"...i almost died.

BigATLslim

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

It's this and it is not uncommon for stars to do once they look at the script and see that the movie has been made to win awards...you want to be attached to THAT project so you can eat well after that project.

Sampson

Rising Star
Registered
It was a Scorsese movie with A list actors involved. I'm sure he would've done it for free. Long time wise, this will give him more credibility as an actor because he impressed the hell out of me in his role. :yes:

Nobody

Rising Star
Registered

He's cemented himself.

Count23

International
International Member
It was a Scorsese movie with A list actors involved. I'm sure he would've done it for free. Long time wise, this will give him more credibility as an actor because he impressed the hell out of me in his role. :yes:

^^^^^

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
:yes: That's more than I make in a year, let alone 7 months. But them comparing his salary to DiCaprio is ridiculous.
I understand Jonah willing to do anything for the part but the producers straight up fucked him right there. Samuel Jackson pretty much begged to be in Star Wars and I'm sure he got more than that

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member
prolly lighting staff getting more than that lol

great movie though.