Julien Alfred WINS GOLD IN THE WOMEN'S 100M Gabby Thomas Sha'Carri Richardson , Shericka Jackson, Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor

@Gemini @TruDat @slewdem100 @Tito_Jackson
heres a better copy of it without all the annoying cuts

but honestly....its fucked up that smokey came in last but i'm shocked that the americans did piss poor all together!!!:oops::oops::oops:

At this point I wonder how much longer her nike endorsement is going to stay with her???

She is unpredictable as fuck...she is entertaining because one genuinely doesnt know how she is going to perform...if Shelly Ann came in 5th we would say thats a bad race for her....whats a bad race for Sha'Carri?....we know Elaine is injured, would you even know if Sha'Carri wasn't 100%?...its good that she is competing regularly now

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
its good that she is competing regularly now
Yeah and no. She definitely needed to get back on the track. However, her performances lately is leading many to think her earlier wins were flukes.

Her PR was a year and a half ago and that was 10.72. Her best this year was 10.85 and that was with a 1.3 tail wind.

SAFP is averaging 10.65.

Lil Smokey gotta either train harder or get a different trainer. Because what she's doing isn't going to get her to 10.65.

I really wanted her to be a success story. But, naw, this ain't it.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Yeah and no. She definitely needed to get back on the track. However, her performances lately is leading many to think her earlier wins were flukes.

Her PR was a year and a half ago and that was 10.72. Her best this year was 10.85 and that was with a 1.3 tail wind.

SAFP is averaging 10.65.

Lil Smokey gotta either train harder or get a different trainer. Because what she's doing isn't going to get her to 10.65.

I really wanted her to be a success story. But, naw, this ain't it.
Sha'Carri is young and SAFP is the GOAT so no shame in losing to her....she never ran those PBs against international competition and contrary to the what the US media was saying, was never the favorite for the Olympics...her earlier times weren't flukes but the media machine might have made more of them than they actually were...at this point, I would like to see if she can re-establish herself as the top US sprinter like she had clearly done a year ago...she was going through some shit (alot of it self inflicted) but hopefully she is past that now...get back to her number one position among US sprinters and then move on from there...I am Team Jamaica but I do root for her to get back to some level of mental stability and to display more maturity...she seems to be heading in the right direction

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
Sha'Carri is young and SAFP is the GOAT so no shame in losing to her....she never ran those PBs against international competition and contrary to the what the US media was saying, was never the favorite for the Olympics...her earlier times weren't flukes but the media machine might have made more of them than they actually were...at this point, I would like to see if she can re-establish herself as the top US sprinter like she had clearly done a year ago...she was going through some shit (alot of it self inflicted) but hopefully she is past that now...get back to her number one position among US sprinters and then move on from there...I am Team Jamaica but I do root for her to get back to some level of mental stability and to display more maturity...she seems to be heading in the right direction

It`s too many fast women in front her ... and a lot more coming ...

even after Shelly age out she gonna have to deal with Sherikha for at least another 5yrs or so ..

Elaine just turned 30 so she will be back ...

U got Hobbs and even TT terry which is even younger than her n faster already n more consistent ..

then u got the British women Dina Asher n Neita .....then u have the twins from Jamaica ...n Brianna Williams..

Ta Lou still has a few more yrs even tho she in her 30`s she`s even getting faster ...

She has to get to 10:8 consistently to compete day in n day out ...

man women track is deep so she has an up hill battle for a long long time so she better get her head right ...:(

slowmotion

Rising Star
Registered

@Gemini @TruDat @slewdem100 @Tito_Jackson
heres a better copy of it without all the annoying cuts

but honestly....its fucked up that smokey came in last but i'm shocked that the americans did piss poor all together!!!:oops::oops::oops:

At this point I wonder how much longer her nike endorsement is going to stay with her???

Smokey coming in last is about right. I said a few days ago that she shrinks when the competition is stiff and lights are bright. Really makes me wonder if she need that weed to keep her calm and focused. Doesn't help that she stay on social media going back and forth with trolls. And can't handle losing or winning. Her emotions are all of the place. Too many highs(no pun intended?) and too many lows. The best athletes know how to channel those emotions. And refrain from getting to low or high. Focus is important when competing at the highest level.

I agree about Nike. Gotta feeling they may not extend her once her contract up. Could be wrong though. Not like she getting any bonus money.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

two things...

1. Delilahs done..this just wasnt a good season for her :itsawrap:

2. Sidney McLaughlin needs to do more races and shut Femke Bol up once and for all... :itsawrap::itsawrap:

slowmotion

Rising Star
Registered

two things...

1. Delilahs done..this just wasnt a good season for her :itsawrap:

2. Sidney McLaughlin needs to do more races and shut Femke Bol up once and for all... :itsawrap::itsawrap:

Any word on why McLaughlin shut it down after WC? I know Steiner shut after having 50 plus races on the year.

slam

Super Moderator
Any word on why McLaughlin shut it down after WC? I know Steiner shut after having 50 plus races on the year.

dont b surprised if she gives up the hurdles next yr or in the near future ..

remember where u heard it 1st ...:yes:

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Yep. And it's not that she necessarily does worst, it's moreso that her best isn't good enough.

When she beat ETH on Aug 30th, Richardson had a time of 11.29 seconds, Thompson-Herah came in second at 11.30 and Celera Barnes came in third at 11.40.

But then on September 2, Richardson also came in fifth with a time of 10.93. Her season best is 10.85, which hypothetically would have put her in 3rd this week. Right now, on paper, she doesn't have it under the hood.

Her natural ability and college coaches carried her through college. Her arrogance convinced her that dropping out and going pro after her Freshman year was a good idea.

Again, it's frustrating because so many of us wanted her to do well.

Rudey

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
When Richardson won in that race with Elaine, her so called followers and fans were cheering and talking shit, where are they now?

slam

Super Moderator
When Richardson won in that race with Elaine, her so called followers and fans were cheering and talking shit, where are they now?

not sure why everybody was cheering ...:confused:...besides Elaine nobody was in that race n the times were slow asf ...:smh:

u c what happens when she goes against the Elite .....?...Last Place ...

she has a long way to go before she can get with the big girls ...but to her credit she is still young ...

its just a lot of fast girls her age are on the come up too...so we will c ...

slam

Super Moderator
This race was loaded ...:bravo:

that Jamaican chick gonna b a problem in the future ....only 21 ...... :yes:

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
This race was loaded ...:bravo:

that Jamaican chick gonna b a problem in the future ....only 21 ...... :yes:

Yes it was. Lol!

britany-anderson-participating-in-the-belgrade-2022-world-indoor-championships-in-the-60m-hurdles-2J28WT5.jpg

2j28wt4.jpg

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor

Ato looked like he sanctioned the move as he said she needed more than a part time coach....he had conflicts with his full time announcer duties whenever they went to track meets...also suggested she got confortable once she got her deal.. this shakes things up a bit