Julien Alfred WINS GOLD IN THE WOMEN'S 100M Gabby Thomas Sha'Carri Richardson , Shericka Jackson, Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce

dawilleyone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Second time beating Shericka....very close but you gotta make Sha'Carri the early favorite for the Worlds 100...I expect that age has to catch up with Shelly Ann at some point but we will see how she is looking
I think Shericka is possibly playing possum there in that race. It seemed like she let off a bit and then tried to surge at the last minute when she saw Shacari was passing her. I'm sure there's some mental games going on amongst the elite runners.

Shacarri has been consistent all year tho. Except for the bad start in the 100m final at the US trials. She's run mid to low 10.7's It's probably going to take at 10.7 or below to beat her this year

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
I think Shericka is possibly playing possum there in that race. It seemed like she let off a bit and then tried to surge at the last minute when she saw Shacari was passing her. I'm sure there's some mental games going on amongst the elite runners.

Shacarri has been consistent all year tho. Except for the bad start in the 100m final at the US trials. She's run mid to low 10.7's It's probably going to take at 10.7 or below to beat her this year
Was talking to somebody earlier today and they were saying the exact same thing...they were pointing out how Shericka's work on her start is paying off and how she seemed to pull away from Sha'Carri in the first 50

She did seem to be cruising but why let Sha'Carri gain confidence from beating you twice? Plus wasnt this race part of the circuit where they get money depending on where they place? I dont agree with the playing possum angle but cruising early and getting caught napping is plausible especially when she is focussing on her start

Like you said Sha'Carri has been consistent...she is clearly number one over the distance this year

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
Wow. She was moving. I'm kinda confused on why Sha'carri even was in this race. Isn't she scheduled to be in another race with better competition on Thursday and this is just 3 days after he last race.

these chicks racing a lot n worlds is like a month away ...:hmm:

man i dont want anybody getting hurt ... no excuses .... :yes:

Rudey

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
these chicks racing a lot n worlds is like a month away ...:hmm:

man i dont want anybody getting hurt ... no excuses .... :yes:

This is good for them. Months of training, they have to test where they are on the circuits. Plus most of them is earning and fulfilling sponsor obligations.