Julien Alfred WINS GOLD IN THE WOMEN'S 100M Gabby Thomas Sha'Carri Richardson , Shericka Jackson, Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
No no no, Seville looks like Seville. Ppl was overhyping him.
But dead last Boss?...not gonna lie, he almost fool me again when he beat Lyles in the semis...dead last to rass...he was the one starting shit with Lyles in Jamaica...you right though, let me not diss Asafa... Asafa couldn't take the pressure but ran all time great times otherwise

There are some saying he got injured in the race...if true, dude really injury prone

Lyles got a real clutch gene

Rudey

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
But dead last Boss?...not gonna lie, he almost fool me again when he beat Lyles in the semis...dead last to rass...he was the one starting shit with Lyles in Jamaica...you right though, let me not diss Asafa... Asafa couldn't take the pressure but ran all time great times otherwise

There are some saying he got injured in the race...if true, dude really injury prone

Lyles got a real clutch gene

I actually never expect Seville to medal. Yes the last place might be a little surprising.

As for Lyles, I guess a win is a win but Lyles wasn’t impressive. I mean he had to run a personal best for a photo finish and look like he almost fall on his face. I see Shannon talking about “smoked” he sounds like someone who just start watching track & field.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I actually never expect Seville to medal. Yes the last place might be a little surprising.

As for Lyles, I guess a win is a win but Lyles wasn’t impressive. I mean he had to run a personal best for a photo finish and look like he almost fall on his face. I see Shannon talking about “smoked” he sounds like someone who just start watching track & field.

I'd argue that Lyles was very impressive. He was getting beat and I was sure he was gonna lose, but ended up walking everyone down in an amazing photo finish.

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

GNXjar-XQAEGA24

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor

LOL...yeah Shannon just trying to hype it up and engage with people on twitter...Jamaica PM Holness took a break from his tiefing and must have responded to some shit he said prior...SOME of the Jamaicans online can be extra so he just rolling with it

See I don't see Lyles as a 100m guy so I think it's somewhat impressive...he is a 200m monster...he taking advantage of a weaker 100m era than the one before...I thought Kishane was a return to the strong times...will be watching him closely

Rudey

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'd argue that Lyles was very impressive. He was getting beat and I was sure he was gonna lose, but ended up walking everyone down in an amazing photo finish.

Walking? You guys just be using words for the sake of using words. We definitely never saw the same race.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No, explain Sir.

It seems like every word in track & field has take on a new meaning today.

Walked down simply means that you were behind them usually by a lot and caught up to them.

I now realize that everyone's slang is different. Chasedown is another way to say it which is probably the more media friendly way to say it.

But real life it's used if someone was getting chased and had a big lead and was caught, we'd say "Damn he walked that nigga down".

Rudey

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
LOL...yeah Shannon just trying to hype it up and engage with people on twitter...Jamaica PM Holness took a break from his tiefing and must have responded to some shit he said prior...SOME of the Jamaicans online can be extra so he just rolling with it

See I don't see Lyles as a 100m guy so I think it's somewhat impressive...he is a 200m monster...he taking advantage of a weaker 100m era than the one before...I thought Kishane was a return to the strong times...will be watching him closely

The 100m itself has become less impressive, what did Jacobs did after winning?

Maybe Lyles and Thompson can breathe some life in this event for the years to come.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
No, explain Sir.

It seems like every word in track & field has take on a new meaning today.
Walking someone down has been used for quite some time now. I remember saying it back when I was running high school track in the mid 90s

cocobeauty

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Yooo let's be honest.. Noah thought he got beat.. that'swhy he gave a quick shoutout to the jaican and kept his eye on the clock... even the announcers scream the jaiman got him...but int he end the win is a win and noah is shook. Shacarri is a failue, lets be real. She trained, promoted and came for the gold, not silver or bronze.. she got got.. silver for shacarri is a consolation prize. She needs to stop interviewing and let her track work speak for her. I was rooting for her but she act like others ain't running fast these days. Both Noah and Shacarri need to focus on their craft and stop the shenigans.
Not she's not a failure. If she didn't hype herself up, who was supposed to. She placed and that means she has to continue to practice, but she's NOT a failure.

And big ups to Julien!!

Now I do agree Noah thought he got beat and honestly I did too, but please let's not diminish their success, especially knowing we couldn't do it nor understand what they were up against.

Shit happens.

Rudey

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Walking someone down has been used for quite some time now. I remember saying it back when I was running high school track in the mid 90s

I heard it too, just like I heard the term smoked. Shittt I see one article saying that Shacarri lose narrowly. Saying Lyles walked down to win this race is just a blatant exaggeration. I always hear ppl used walked down when something is done effortlessly or drastically.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I heard it too, just like I heard the term smoked. Shittt I see one article saying that Shacarri lose narrowly. Saying Lyles walked down to win this race is just a blatant exaggeration. I always hear ppl used walked down when something is done effortlessly or drastically.

There were five runners in front of him almost halfway through the race.

66b01c97b624a701402903.png

He walked down those five runners drastically and dramatically get the win.

66b01cfc0663b034657172.png

66b01d78858aa084941231.png

THREAD_CRITIC

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yooo let's be honest.. Noah thought he got beat.. that'swhy he gave a quick shoutout to the jaican and kept his eye on the clock... even the announcers scream the jaiman got him...but int he end the win is a win and noah is shook. Shacarri is a failue, lets be real. She trained, promoted and came for the gold, not silver or bronze.. she got got.. silver for shacarri is a consolation prize. She needs to stop interviewing and let her track work speak for her. I was rooting for her but she act like others ain't running fast these days. Both Noah and Shacarri need to focus on their craft and stop the shenigans.

I dislike Noah and was rooting against him but the 100 isn’t even his signature event it’s the 200….So there’s no reason to hate on the dude

Goingmark40

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i had kerley winning the 100 but noah did walk that field down tho. i aint't gonna say he got off to a bad start but all them dudes were there. now shacarri's bad starts finally caught up with her. silver is good but i hope she continues to get better and keep her positive attitude. julien out the gate and it was over. congrats

dasailr03

A Goddamn Sailor!
BGOL Investor
not trying dimish anyone one of them, just saying let your run speak louder than you. nobody can argue about your time.. and a fraction of fraction? Not sure noah should be feeling himself like that. It's true a win is a win but we expected more from noah because he said he wanted that smoke and almost gos moke. As far as shacarri.. less talk, less commerials, more running.
Not she's not a failure. If she didn't hype herself up, who was supposed to. She placed and that means she has to continue to practice, but she's NOT a failure.

And big ups to Julien!!

Now I do agree Noah thought he got beat and honestly I did too, but please let's not diminish their success, especially knowing we couldn't do it nor understand what they were up against.

Shit happens.