Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
the ancestors aint fuckin around......

200.gif

Lexx Diamond

Art Lover ❤️ Sex Addict®™
Staff member
It warms my heart whenever I see news about ofays drowning in Lake Lanier.

JOHSL62UDVDDPBHPHWDMB77VPM.jpg

Missing 57-year-old’s body found in Lake Lanier, Hall County police say​

Terry Daugherty

Terry Daugherty(Hall County Sheriff's Office)
By Mariya Murrow and Alexandra Parker
Published: May. 23, 2023 at 4:49 PM EDT|Updated: May. 23, 2023 at 6:30 PM EDT

ATLANTA, Ga. (Atlanta News First) - The body of a 57-year-old man who went missing May 22 has been found in Lake Lanier, according to Hall County police.
Terry Daugherty was last seen around 9 p.m. May 22 near the Sunrise Cove Marina where he keeps his boat. His neighbors filed a report May 23, which was followed by a BOLO after an initial search revealed no evidence of his whereabouts.
The Sheriff’s Office’s Dive Team, Hall County Fire Rescue and the Georgia Department of Natural Resources used side scan sonar to locate Daugherty’s body near where his boat was moored.
Hall County Fire Rescue then used an underwater drone to recover the body.
A cause of death has not been determined.
Copyright 2023 WANF. All rights reserved.

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
Ok, is Lake Lanier a reservoir? If so, why would people want to swim in a reservoir?
Why white people want to swim in a Reservoir, especially with the history of it. That is the question you really need to be asking.

ZuluSam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Ok, is Lake Lanier a reservoir? If so, why would people want to swim in a reservoir?
Reservoir is just a name for a lake that stores water to service cities. Many are huge man made lakes that are perfect for all kinds of watersports.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
Reservoir is just a name for a lake that stores water to service cities. Many are huge man made lakes that are perfect for all kinds of watersports.
You are correct, but lake Lanier has a terrible history. And I do think there is some supernatural event that is happening at that lake.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
first time at tha lake the hairs on the back of my neck was standing straight up...you can tell there's a presence there..
Presence of alcohol and drunk muthafuckas.

People fall off boats drunk in the night. Fall hit they heads and fall in the water and sink to the bottom.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
OP's got 10 separate "Lake Lanier" threads...... two with the exact same title.... he's like the old man in a Scooby Doo flick.... warning everone, including Scooby and the gang to stay away
ed1.gif
dER.gif
scooby-doo-crew.gif
Again, thanks for bumping my thread

ZuluSam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
You are correct, but lake Lanier has a terrible history. And I do think there is some supernatural event that is happening at that lake.
Yeah...but I wasn't responding to that. I was responding to "why would anyone swim in a reservoir?" I mean....people swim in reservoirs all over the country....hell some reservoirs have resorts on them.

espadon

Star
BGOL Investor
It's a man made lake. That's the only kind of lakes we have in Ga, but we swim and do water rec in all of them.

Why is it dangerous to swim in a reservoir?​

Lakes and reservoirs might look very similar, but they actually have quite different origins.
A lake can be natural or man made, and is usually a big body of water that supports local animal and plant life.
A reservoir looks very similar, but is nearly always man made.
It is a place to store very large quantities of water for many reasons - for flood control, to act as a water supply or as a source of hydroelectricity.
Reservoirs are very dangerous places to swim and the government advises against people taking a dip in a reservoir. Here's why:
  • They tend to have very steep sides which makes them incredibly hard to get out of
  • They can be very deep, with hidden machinery that can cause injuries
  • The surface can look calm but the current might be strong below due to pumps used to move water around
  • They tend to be isolated - meaning that they might be far away from emergency services if things go wrong
  • The temperature tends to be very low, below 10 degrees Celsius, even on a hot day
Sadly, some people do not know about the risks of swimming in reservoirs - and there have been serious accidents that have happened at UK reservoirs in the last few years.
So reservoirs should always be avoided if you want to take a dip in open water.

easy_b

BGOL Investor

Lakes and reservoirs might look very similar, but they actually have quite different origins.
A lake can be natural or man made, and is usually a big body of water that supports local animal and plant life.
It is a place to store very large quantities of water for many reasons - for flood control, to act as a water supply or as a source of hydroelectricity.
Reservoirs are very dangerous places to swim and the government advises against people taking a dip in a reservoir. Here's why:
  • They tend to have very steep sides which makes them incredibly hard to get out of
  • The surface can look calm but the current might be strong below due to pumps used to move water around
  • They tend to be isolated - meaning that they might be far away from emergency services if things go wrong
  • The temperature tends to be very low, below 10 degrees Celsius, even on a hot day
Sadly, some people do not know about the risks of swimming in reservoirs - and there have been serious accidents that have happened at UK reservoirs in the last few years.

Don’t generalize this to reservoirs. Lake Lanier year has a higher Body Count then any other Reservoir in the United States.

BGLR1212000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

No matter what your article says, I grew up on the reservoir, which is called LAKE THURMOND. Lake Lanier was made the same way. They dam off the river, and they called it a lake. If you came her calling it a reservoir, everyone gone look at you crazy.

espadon

Star
BGOL Investor
No matter what your article says, I grew up on the reservoir, which is called LAKE THURMOND. Lake Lanier was made the same way. They dam off the river, and they called it a lake. If you came her calling it a reservoir, everyone gone look at you crazy.
I didn't call it a reservoir. That's how Wikipedia defines it. That's why I asked the question. Reservoirs have pumps at the bottom to move water around. If a swimmer gets caught up in the current produced by these pumps, it's a wrap. Not here to argue, just trying to understand why people keep drowning there.

BGLR1212000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I didn't call it a reservoir. That's how Wikipedia defines it. That's why I asked the question. Reservoirs have pumps at the bottom to move water around. If a swimmer gets caught up in the current produced by these pumps, it's a wrap. Not here to argue, just trying to understand why people keep drowning there.
Long story short you can swim in them, ride boats, jet skis, whatever. There's beaches and roped off areas where you'll know its safe to swim. It's just ill advised to swim in Lake Lanier, because of the high amount of deaths that occur there. You can attribute that stuff to whatever you choose to believe.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
WTF this is some X files shit
Black people in Georgia always told people to stay away from this lake. This lake has a high body count for a reason. I remember when I was young I used to come visit my family in Atlanta and me and my cousins always wanted to go to Lake Lanier in our parents was like hell no. As I got older, I see why my mom and other older relatives used to say hell no all the time.