Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

218351841c18406d976c1a96c30a0a2e_md.png

51591da7303e46a4807ba29ed36882fa_md.png

CPT Callamity

Titty Feelin Villain
BGOL Investor
I read an article today talking about another lake in Alabama, Lake Martin.
Guess the origin story?

So of course CACs write bright cheery articles about how great it is:

Gods_Debris

Rising Star
Registered

Why is it dangerous to swim in a reservoir?​

Lakes and reservoirs might look very similar, but they actually have quite different origins.
A lake can be natural or man made, and is usually a big body of water that supports local animal and plant life.
A reservoir looks very similar, but is nearly always man made.
It is a place to store very large quantities of water for many reasons - for flood control, to act as a water supply or as a source of hydroelectricity.
Reservoirs are very dangerous places to swim and the government advises against people taking a dip in a reservoir. Here's why:
  • They tend to have very steep sides which makes them incredibly hard to get out of
  • They can be very deep, with hidden machinery that can cause injuries
  • The surface can look calm but the current might be strong below due to pumps used to move water around
  • They tend to be isolated - meaning that they might be far away from emergency services if things go wrong
  • The temperature tends to be very low, below 10 degrees Celsius, even on a hot day
Sadly, some people do not know about the risks of swimming in reservoirs - and there have been serious accidents that have happened at UK reservoirs in the last few years.
So reservoirs should always be avoided if you want to take a dip in open water.

Bro i was gonna say... if they serve as a reservoir for cities to access for water there are gonna be pumps of course they create an undertow.

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor

I normally don’t agree with your post because I wonder about you, but this particular post we are 100% agreement. The state of Georgia seriously need to shut down recreational activities at this lake.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
Yall niggas
Yo, you may think you are fearless but this lake has a very dirty history, especially with Black people you know the story. When I used to come up from Miami to visit my the older people in my family, prevented me and my cousins from going to this lake and I see why as I got older

easy_b

BGOL Investor
Lake Lanier be catchin bodies........mufucka will drown in that bitch while wearing an inflatable life jacket
You know, that’s a little funny, but still stay away from Lake Lanier

BGLR1212000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I normally don’t agree with your post because I wonder about you, but this particular post we are 100% agreement. The state of Georgia seriously need to shut down recreational activities at this lake.
That will never happen. Too many houses on the lake. Too much money out there. Hell there's probably elected or former elected officials with houses on the lake. They all have docks and boats.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
That will never happen. Too many houses on the lake. Too much money out there. Hell there's probably elected or former elected officials with houses on the lake. They all have docks and boats.
Well, I wouldn’t say that too fast because some of the resorts around that lake are starting to limit recreational activities

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Jet skiing
He fell into the water
Then made it to shore
But, decided to swim back out to the jet ski.
On the way to the jet ski he went under
And never came back up

Translation:
Salvadoran father found dead after disappearing in Lake Lanier

Last edited: