Legal: Judge dismisses Tulsa Race Massacre (Black Wall Street) lawsuit

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Not that it matters but what was the reason given for the dismissal?

Attorneys for the city of Tulsa had argued that the case should be dismissed because the lawsuit didn’t lay out how Judge Wall should remedy the harm. Meanwhile, attorneys for Justice for Greenwood argued that state law doesn’t require them to provide those answers before a trial has even begun.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Not that it matters but what was the reason given for the dismissal?

In judge Caroline Wall's order she said the plaintiff's motion to dismiss was granted and the case was dismissed with prejudice meaning it can't be filed again.

She went on to say she finds any further amendment of the lawsuit futile.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
Screenshot-2023-07-09-191053.png

This is what it feels like for me being up in their court system or dealing with one of their administrative processes. I feel like a foreigner rather than an American.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor

In judge Caroline Wall's order she said the plaintiff's motion to dismiss was granted and the case was dismissed with prejudice meaning it can't be filed again.

She went on to say she finds any further amendment of the lawsuit futile.
Dismissed with prejudice...fucking racist bitch

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
But but but the ADOS / FBA coon crew told me that if I don't vote then tangible reparations would just fall in my lap.

Dumb fucks will tell you not to vote yet elected officials are who appoint judges.

I get what you're saying though I fear that many haven't.

I believe judge is an elected position also in many places. I can't say all for sure.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Oklahoma judge throws out a suit seeking reparations for the Tulsa Race Massacre​

July 9, 20232:44 PM ET
By
The Associated Press
ap23190547577397-450f44a960e5ecc964a63ad51d92ea524bad0aa2-s1100-c50.jpg

In this 1921 image provided by the Library of Congress, smoke billows over Tulsa, Okla.
Alvin C. Krupnick Co./AP
An Oklahoma judge has thrown out a lawsuit seeking reparations for the 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre, dashing an effort to obtain some measure of legal justice by survivors of the deadly racist rampage.
Judge Caroline Wall on Friday dismissed with prejudice the lawsuit trying to force the city and others to make recompense for the destruction of the once-thriving Black district known as Greenwood.
The order comes in a case by three survivors of the attack, who are all now over 100 years old and sued in 2020 with the hope of seeing what their attorney called "justice in their lifetime."
A Century After The Race Massacre, Tulsa Confronts Its Bloody Past

THE TULSA RACE MASSACRE

A Century After The Race Massacre, Tulsa Confronts Its Bloody Past

Spokespersons for the city of Tulsa and a lawyer for the survivors — Lessie Benningfield Randle, Viola Fletcher and Hughes Van Ellis — did not immediately respond to requests for comment Sunday.
Wall, a Tulsa County District Court, wrote in a brief order that she was tossing the case based on arguments from the city, regional chamber of commerce and other state and local government agencies. She'd ruled against the defendants' motions to dismiss and allowed the case to proceed last year.
Sponsor Message

Local judicial elections in Oklahoma are technically nonpartisan, but Wall has described herself as a "Constitutional Conservative" in past campaign questionnaires.
In 2 U.S. cities haunted by race massacres, facing the past is painful and divisive

NATIONAL

In 2 U.S. cities haunted by race massacres, facing the past is painful and divisive

The lawsuit was brought under Oklahoma's public nuisance law, saying the actions of the white mob that killed hundreds of Black residents and destroyed what had been the nation's most prosperous Black business district continue to affect the city today.
It contended that Tulsa's long history of racial division and tension stemmed from the massacre, during which an angry white mob descended on a 35-block area, looting, killing and burning it to the ground. Beyond those killed, thousands more were left homeless and living in a hastily constructed internment camp.
The city and insurance companies never compensated victims for their losses, and the massacre ultimately resulted in racial and economic disparities that still exist today, the lawsuit argued. It sought a detailed accounting of the property and wealth lost or stolen in the massacre, the construction of a hospital in north Tulsa and the creation of a victims compensation fund, among other things.
Survivors Of 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre Share Eyewitness Accounts

THE TULSA RACE MASSACRE

Survivors Of 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre Share Eyewitness Accounts

A Chamber of Commerce attorney previously said that the massacre was horrible, but the nuisance it caused was not ongoing.

Fletcher, who is 109 and the oldest living survivor, is set to release a memoir next month about the life she lived in the shadow of the massacre.

In 2019, Oklahoma's attorney general used the public nuisance law to force opioid drug maker Johnson & Johnson to pay the state $465 million in damages. The Oklahoma Supreme Court overturned that decision two years later.

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@knightmelodic @xxxbishopxxx She ran unopposed in 2022 in Tulsa County - :dunno:

That happens sometimes. I'm sure other times she had opponents.

For the don't vote crew, if someone runs against her using this case as a platform, do y'all still stay home or do you do what you can to help get her out of there?

The only thing I like about this ruling is that this shows the hold your vote crew the realities of reparations if you are only playing the short game with politics.

Reparations is going to require a stacked deck in regards to Executive, Legislative, and Judicial. Unfortunately, the ship has sailed in regards to Judicial for the long foreseeable future.

Politic Negro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

For the don't vote crew, if someone runs against her using this case as a platform, do y'all still stay home or do you do what you can to help get her out of there?

The only thing I like about this ruling is that this shows the hold your vote crew the realities of reparations if you are only playing the short game with politics.

Reparations is going to require a stacked deck in regards to Executive, Legislative, and Judicial. Unfortunately, the ship has sailed in regards to Judicial for the long foreseeable future.
She did run against someone in 2018. Turnout was probably under 50%

CountyDetailsPrecincts ReportedCAROLINE WALLTOM SAWYERTotal
PawneePrecincts100.00%2,3191,8004,119
TulsaPrecincts100.00%109,19260,789169,981
Total111,51162,589

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster

When you voteps holler about the "don't vote group",
does someone who says that a politician has to earn your vote= the same as a "don't voter"?

I'm trying to figure something out here...

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
I apologize. I will admit I have a bad habit of lumping the two groups together.

Although some of the language between the two sounds similar sometimes.
Thank you.
I just wanted to make sure that you recognized that there is a difference.
Although I personally hold no ill will towards people who have given up in the political system.

:cheers:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
When you voteps holler about the "don't vote group",
does someone who says that a politician has to earn your vote= the same as a "don't voter"?

I'm trying to figure something out here...
I apologize. I will admit I have a bad habit of lumping the two groups together.

Although some of the language between the two sounds similar sometimes.
Thank you.
I just wanted to make sure that you recognized that there is a difference.
Although I personally hold no ill will towards people who have given up in the political system.

:cheers:

We need MORE of this kinda of dialogue.

Salute