~Living Off The Land/Werk thee ground - Tools & Tips~

Mr. Del

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Been thinking of doing hydroponic farming for the longest time. Or a greenhouse. I need some other healthy, stress relieving hobbies outside of BGOL.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
21 Awesome DIY Projects To Upgrade Your Chicken Coop

Your chickens aren’t completely comfortable once you’ve built the coop. There are improvements you can make in order to increase either safety, comfort or both! And all directly from the DIY community. Here you can find more than a dozen of awesome DIY projects that show you how to upgrade your chicken coop quite easy and rather fast. Check out all of them below and start providing your chickens with more!

1. Tree Roost
21-Awesome-DIY-Projects-To-Upgrade-Your-Chicken-Coop-1.jpg
source

2. Screened Pen
21-Awesome-DIY-Projects-To-Upgrade-Your-Chicken-Coop-2.jpg
source

3. Anti-Mite Wood Ash Bath
21-Awesome-DIY-Projects-To-Upgrade-Your-Chicken-Coop-3.jpg
source

4. Cucumber Tetherball Fun
21-Awesome-DIY-Projects-To-Upgrade-Your-Chicken-Coop-4.jpg
source

5. Cheap Solar Tube

6. Chicken Coop Skylight
21-Awesome-DIY-Projects-To-Upgrade-Your-Chicken-Coop-6.jpg

source

7. The Poop Hammock
21-Awesome-DIY-Projects-To-Upgrade-Your-Chicken-Coop-7.jpg
source

8. Wheat Sprout Feeder
21-Awesome-DIY-Projects-To-Upgrade-Your-Chicken-Coop-8.jpg
source

9. Dropping Boards
21-Awesome-DIY-Projects-To-Upgrade-Your-Chicken-Coop-9.jpg
source

10. Coop Solar Light DIY

Solar Light for Chicken Coop

11. PVC Chicken Feeder
21-Awesome-DIY-Projects-To-Upgrade-Your-Chicken-Coop-11.jpg
source

12. DIY Water System
21-Awesome-DIY-Projects-To-Upgrade-Your-Chicken-Coop-12.jpg
source

13. DIY Water & Feeder From 5 Gallon Buckets
21-Awesome-DIY-Projects-To-Upgrade-Your-Chicken-Coop-13.jpg
source

14. DIY Chicken Nesting Box
21-Awesome-DIY-Projects-To-Upgrade-Your-Chicken-Coop-14.jpg
source

15. Wading Pool
21-Awesome-DIY-Projects-To-Upgrade-Your-Chicken-Coop-15.jpg

16. Fun Chicken Swing
21-Awesome-DIY-Projects-To-Upgrade-Your-Chicken-Coop-16.jpg
source

17. Custom Chicken Run
21-Awesome-DIY-Projects-To-Upgrade-Your-Chicken-Coop-17.jpg
source

18. Carnivorous Plants Flies Repellent
21-Awesome-DIY-Projects-To-Upgrade-Your-Chicken-Coop-18.jpg
source

19. Simple Automatic Chicken Coop Door
21-Awesome-DIY-Projects-To-Upgrade-Your-Chicken-Coop-19.jpg
source

20. Blueberries For Color
21-Awesome-DIY-Projects-To-Upgrade-Your-Chicken-Coop-20.jpg

21. Flock Block Knock Off
21-Awesome-DIY-Projects-To-Upgrade-Your-Chicken-Coop-21.jpg
source

22. Keeping Chickens Entertained
Keeping-Chickens-Entertained.jpg

Keeping-Chickens-Entertained-1.jpg

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Firewood Comparison Chart

BTUs, or British Thermal Units, measure the heat of combustion. Even among the same species, different chunks of firewood are going to burn hotter than others, depending on how dry they are and the conditions under which they grew. These numbers are intended as a rough comparison.
It’s good to know that moisture content is more important than tree species when planning for wood heat. Wood that has dried properly will almost always burn hotter than wood that still has moisture in it, because much of the heat energy is used to evaporate the remaining water. Try to stack your firewood about a year in advance so that it has time to completely dry. You’ll get more heat out of your investment if you do.

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor

Thanks for pulling up this thread about plants but you pulled this from the Trump wanting nukes in South Korea thread and the possibility of a full grown nuclear holocaust with the mad Cheeto with the codes.

I am curious about your sense of context in using my quote in this thread............:hmm:

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Thanks for pulling up this thread about plants but you pulled this from the Trump wanting nukes in South Korea thread and the possibility of a full grown nuclear holocaust with the mad Cheeto with the codes.

I am curious about your sense of context in using my quote in this thread............:hmm:

What your post alluded to in that thread?

THE DRIZZY

OG Investor
What your post alluded to in that thread?

A possible nuclear winter courtesy of Cheetolini and scrounging like wastelanders trying to survive. I was trying to make light of a possible horrible situation. Don't get me wrong though, knowing which wild plants are edible should be taught in schools. I was just taken back by the context my thread was in this post with the SMH emoji.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
A possible nuclear winter courtesy of Cheetolini and scrounging like wastelanders trying to survive. I was trying to make light of a possible horrible situation. Don't get me wrong though, knowing which wild plants are edible should be taught in schools. I was just taken back by the context my thread was in this post with the SMH emoji.

Ok I thought you was being serious about that shit...guess it still was a timely bump tho...

THE DRIZZY

OG Investor
Ok I thought you was being serious about that shit...guess it still was a timely bump tho...

We living in a unpredictable environment and a brave new world, you never know. I mean I am just saying remember the legend about the passenger plane crashing in some remote snowy mountain region and the survivors had no choice but to eat the dead:scared:don't sleep on how strong the will and instinct to survive will drive people into doing things they would not do if their lives did not depend on it.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
We living in a unpredictable environment and a brave new world, you never know. I mean I am just saying remember the legend about the passenger plane crashing in some remote snowy mountain region and the survivors had no choice but to eat the dead:scared:don't sleep on how strong the will and instinct to survive will drive people into doing things they would not do if their lives did not depend on it.
I know...either we gonna live or die

THE DRIZZY

OG Investor
I got a mature black walnut tree in my front yard. This year I will be collecting them for food and sell a few for profit to a health food store preferably a black owned one.

The only drawback to the black walnut tree is that it releases a substance that prevents and stunts most other vegetation around it. The walnut tree releases this substance to keep the resources for itself(Yes plant life is intelligent ya'll). Only a few plants can thrive around black walnut trees. I think corn, beans, and squash if I remember. Everything else forget about it.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
I got a mature black walnut tree in my front yard. This year I will be collecting them for food and sell a few for profit to a health food store preferably a black owned one.

The only drawback to the black walnut tree is that it releases a substance that prevents and stunts most other vegetation around it. The walnut tree releases this substance to keep the resources for itself(Yes plant life is intelligent ya'll). Only a few plants can thrive around black walnut trees. I think corn, beans, and squash if I remember. Everything else forget about it.

damn that bitch self :lol: