Louisiana senate candidate Gary Chambers Jr. gives some disappointing early voting numbers

dasailr03

A Goddamn Sailor!
BGOL Investor
how can they know the numbers when all the votes have not been counted? even when people vote early it does not tell you the numbers. they can only tell you, how many voted, not what each candidate got. I like gary but this does not pass the smell test. Additionally, La is hardcore the fuck republican, so way he gonna win. Once you get beyond the 4 major metropolitan areas, La is solid red as fuck!

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
I’m just agreeing with another poster that the democrat trying to get black votes just because he black and I’m saying when them niggas get in they push everyone else’s agenda but the black folks that voted for them
So you're agreeing that he's just trying to use his blackness to win but you don't know anything about him or what he stands for besides the fact that he's black?

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Or is he just expecting people to vote for him because he’s Black?

This dude's been doing more weed tours and radio shows OUTSIDE the state he's running in....then he expects to drop a few social media posts and get a record turnout WITHOUT courting moderate to right voters :smh: :smh:

Some people don't care to get elected....fundraising a different story though...

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
This dude's been doing more weed tours and radio shows OUTSIDE the state he's running in....then he expects to drop a few social media posts and get a record turnout WITHOUT courting moderate to right voters :smh: :smh:

Some people don't care to get elected....fundraising a different story though...
Oh that makes so much sense. Yes he should court right wing voters who aren't going to vote for his ass under any circumstances beyond him entering a talent show and tap dancing for them. A guy who wants to legalize weed should court right wingers and less extreme right wingers. So you just want him to waste his time following the tired Democratic playbook that blows up in their face more often than not by failing to stay true to and speak to his base.

TX4lyfe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Have you acutally looked at his agenda or are you just repeating Tariq's talking points.
Don’t know the dude,I’m in Texas. I’m just stating my observation. If you know any black democrat that has actually got elected and changed some shit then put me on it

TX4lyfe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So you're agreeing that he's just trying to use his blackness to win but you don't know anything about him or what he stands for besides the fact that he's black?
I’m just stating a pattern that I’ve seen. You have examples of black democrats getting elected and helping his community?

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
I’m just stating a pattern that I’ve seen. You have examples of black democrats getting elected and helping his community?
You literally said that you agreed that dude was expecting to get votes because he's black. You could have looked up his agenda, videos involving him or read on him instead of blindly doing that. And considering that the overwhelming majority of black people in local politics are democrats the other point is moot. And you could also look up the likes of Cori Bush, Barbara Lee and others on the national level if you wanted to as well. Maybe if people elected more people like this guy who doesn't take corporate money more shit for regular people instead of corporations but we'll villify a Nina Turner while electing an opponent who took millions in special interest and corporate money and cry foul later.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
You literally said that you agreed that dude was expecting to get votes because he's black. You could have looked up his agenda, videos involving him or read on him instead of blindly doing that. And considering that the overwhelming majority of black people in local politics are democrats the other point is moot. And you could also look up the likes of Cori Bush, Barbara Lee and others on the national level if you wanted to as well. Maybe if people elected more people like this guy who doesn't take corporate money more shit for regular people instead of corporations but we'll villify a Nina Turner while electing an opponent who took millions in special interest and corporate money and cry foul later.

It's easier to just say "both sides are the same" or "other groups get everything". That way you don't have to actually put in research or work and get the don't vot caucus praising you for doing the same zero work they put in.

Complaining on the internet is free.

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Oh that makes so much sense. Yes he should court right wing voters who aren't going to vote for his ass under any circumstances beyond him entering a talent show and tap dancing for them. A guy who wants to legalize weed should court right wingers and less extreme right wingers. So you just want him to waste his time following the tired Democratic playbook that blows up in their face more often than not by failing to stay true to and speak to his base.

You heard the numbers he said in the vid.

This is what just "speaking to the base" brings you.

To win in a state, especially a deep red one like Louisiana, NOT ONLY do you have to galvanize your base, but you have to gain votes from moderate/independents and also convince some on the other side of you politically that you're the right person for the job. You do so by speaking to them directly where they are. Do you think they're tuning into The Breakfast Club? No, you have to go to those small little towns and speak in the high schools and VFWs and churches and attempt to find your in.

I've spent time in that state. The "base" that he's speaking to will cheer, twerk and hold cookouts for your campaign.....will do it all except one thing: VOTE

Learn more about how this politics thing work instead of letting the emotion of who doesn't like you guide your logic.

Last edited:

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I think Gary C and others here are making the mistake of assuming that black voters = automatic votes.

Platforms pushing weed and abortion will NOT bring you the amount of black votes that you think it will especially in LOUISIANA