Louisiana senate candidate Gary Chambers Jr. gives some disappointing early voting numbers

da_monumental_1

LinuxGawd & BOFH
BGOL Investor
You heard the numbers he said in the vid.

This is what just "speaking to the base" brings you.

To win in a state, especially a deep red one like Louisiana, NOT ONLY do you have to galvanize your base, but you have to gain votes from moderate/independents and also convince some on the other side of you politically that you're the right person for the job. You do so by speaking to them directly where they are. Do you think they're tuning into The Breakfast Club? No, you have to go to those small little towns and speak in the high schools and VFWs and churches and attempt to find your in.

I've spent time in that state. The "base" that he's speaking to will cheer, twerk and hold cookouts for your campaign.....will do it all except one thing: VOTE

Learn more about how this politics thing work instead of letting the emotion of who doesn't like you guide your logic.

This is how Trump won because Hillary didn't even try to speak to those types in battleground states that she ignored. Even Obama tried to warn her. I had a close friend who worked for the Clinton campaign and begged, begged, begged the campaign to go to those states and they ignored her. She took a leave of absence from a quarter mil job to work for the campaign. You mention the first syllable of the word Clinton and you might get a chair thrown at you.

Just look at the number of voters who voted for Obama, some twice, that voted for Trump.

ORIGINAL NATION

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
A system that was controlling before you was considered a human. Blacks working on breaking the control got to prove something. So far that group of blacks have not materialized so I guess we got to keep believing in a system controlled by killers. Even we face death trying to build certain things. Or confinement.

Diomedes3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Louisiana democrats should have picked one candidate to run between him, Mixon and Syrita Stieb, the vote is going to get split to hell an Senator Foghorn Leghord is going to cruise back in.
Exactly they are fools splitting the vote.

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor

To win in a state, especially a deep red one like Louisiana, NOT ONLY do you have to galvanize your base, but you have to gain votes from moderate/independents and also convince some on the other side of you politically that you're the right person for the job. You do so by speaking to them directly where they are. Do you think they're tuning into The Breakfast Club? No, you have to go to those small little towns and speak in the high schools and VFWs and churches and attempt to find your in.

I've spent time in that state. The "base" that he's speaking to will cheer, twerk and hold cookouts for your campaign.....will do it all except one thing: VOTE

Learn more about how this politics thing work instead of letting the emotion of who doesn't like you guide your logic.
Yes because a black man in a deep red state like Louisiana is going to get votes from right wingers,many of them in rural towns, without having to shit on black people. But he spent an hour tops on the Breakfast Club and that means that he hasn't campaigned in the state.
Learn how this politics thing work based on what's actually happening and not based on the ideal situation. Democrats water shit down and campaign to appease the right and "moderates" and it continually blows up in their face by pissing off their base while the others criticize them in the same way that they would have if they didn't try.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yes because a black man in a deep red state like Louisiana is going to get votes from right wingers,many of them in rural towns, without having to shit on black people. But he spent an hour tops on the Breakfast Club and that means that he hasn't campaigned in the state.
Learn how this politics thing work based on what's actually happening and not based on the ideal situation. Democrats water shit down and campaign to appease the right and "moderates" and it continually blows up in their face by pissing off their base while the others criticize them in the same way that they would have if they didn't try.
That’s part of the grift though.

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
This is how Trump won because Hillary didn't even try to speak to those types in battleground states that she ignored. Even Obama tried to warn her. I had a close friend who worked for the Clinton campaign and begged, begged, begged the campaign to go to those states and they ignored her. She took a leave of absence from a quarter mil job to work for the campaign. You mention the first syllable of the word Clinton and you might get a chair thrown at you.

Just look at the number of voters who voted for Obama, some twice, that voted for Trump.

Wow, man. The hubris.

In this race, I don't understand how people really think the "I'm black you're black" campaign strategy is a feasible one. Perhaps there's one demographic that can get away with that....and black folk's sense of collectivism is NOWHERE near that.

I just wish GC smartened up his campaigning hustle to equal his rhetorical skills. He can articulate and communicate with the best of them....he just didn't give himself an opportunity to win.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member

I remember years ago, when Diddy was on 106&Park

he said something to the tune of

“you can have our vote but you have to come get it”

I haven’t been a huge….You gotta go vote person, I do vote but I’m not like some people who beating down every single conversation they have leads to voting

But I’m say this, that quote stuck with me every since

Some folks don’t even come to make you comfortable with them

I know they can’t reach everyone

but damn

I’ve been doing work at a house on a busy corner in my area.

I’ve seen a mayor candidate come check on her signs

I stood a (dude running for city councilman) sign back up after it fell
(At the time he was pulling up, he gave me $5 dollars)

aint said nothing about nothing

I’m like man these folks ain’t worth a fuck….
Ain’t try to introduce themselves or nothing
(Even tho I been knew them both)

one a bus driver and cop
Other my grade school teacher

Duece

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think Gary C and others here are making the mistake of assuming that black voters = automatic votes.

Platforms pushing weed and abortion will NOT bring you the amount of black votes that you think it will especially in LOUISIANA

This is true, especially about the abortion issue because unlike other Southern states where otherwise conservative Black Baptists (or other Black protestants) will look the other way on certain issues such as abortion or gay marriage to get democrat elected, Black Catholics in Louisiana tend to be staunch on being against those issues, especially abortion.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Moms said our district is pretty much all rePigs and not many demRats to vote for

YoungSinister

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Have you actually looked into him or are youbl just making a flippant contrarian statement for likes?
What a stupid fucking question
I guess you’re one of those idiots who votes for a Black candidate solely because they’re Black
We as a people won’t advance until we normalize wasting IDIOTS like you.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
This one of the few things folks have been talking about

0163-C620-BADC-4725-9-CC1-D8822742198-E.jpg

Gods_Debris

Rising Star
Registered
Exactly. Too dumb too conjure up a sensible response
Black trash
:lol: you don't have the mental capacity to even make it interesting. The original quote and your subsequent responses are damning indictments to your cognitive ineptitude. Instead of addressing the question of merit, this is what you do :blowjob:

YoungSinister

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:lol: you don't have the mental capacity to even make it interesting. The original quote and your subsequent responses are damning indictments to your cognitive ineptitude. Instead of addressing the question of merit, this is what you do :blowjob:
Niggababble

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Watching CNN and they just called the race for Kennedy. Want to know how they described GC?

"You may remember him, he's the one who smoked a joint in a campaign ad"

I wish he was able to capitalize off the buzz that created for him, but again, that platform in La. is a nonstarter.

Duece

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think Black voters in Louisiana are kinda tired of the gimmicky and overly woke political candidate. (and I hate using the term woke in that manner but it is what it is)

Troy Carter ran as a more moderate Democrat and he beats the more liberal Karen Carter-Peterson (who's headed to jail), months later Troy Carter easily wins re-election. Carter is not a blue dog but he's also not far left.

Chambers gains noteriety for smoking weed in a comercial, Luke Mixon presents himself as a conservative democrat in the vein of John Bel Edwards but then abortion becomes an issue and he starts moving left on that issue and that caused democrats to get turned off from him.

When it came Syrita Stieb, I just didn't see her.

Last edited:

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No one besides Gary Chambers and his mama thought he had a serious chance of getting elected state wide in Louisiana. If I saw the dude I would tell him maybe he might want to start at the city council and not try to ice skate up hill.