Meanwhile, in FLORIDA- Sheriff: 'Neighborhood feud' led to Ocala woman being shot through door, killed.... fuck letting this cac get away with this

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor

giphy.gif

November 17

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Interesting Interview question:

F&S:**_ What about the other uses, for self-defense and target practice

V.P. BIDEN: Well, the way in which we measure it is–I think most scholars would say–is that as long as you have a weapon sufficient to be able to provide your self-defense. I did one of these town-hall meetings on the Internet and one guy said, “Well, what happens when the end days come? What happens when there’s the earthquake? I live in California, and I have to protect myself.”

I said, “Well, you know, my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15, because you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door.” Most people can handle a shotgun a hell of a lot better than they can a semiautomatic weapon in terms of both their aim and in terms of their ability to deter people coming. We can argue whether that’s true or not, but it is no argument that, for example, a shotgun could do the same job of protecting you. Now, granted, you can come back and say, “Well, a machine gun could do a better job of protecting me.” No one’s arguing we should make machine guns legal.

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor

Advocates call for abolishing ‘stand your ground’ laws after Ajike Owens's death

4bf39aef59a0d489dd8916f77825d583

Stand your ground' back in spotlight after neighbor fatally shoots Ajike Owens through door Credit: GofundMe, Marion County Sheriff’s Office

Police made an arrest Tuesday in the fatal shooting of Ajike “AJ” Owens, a mother of four who died in front of her 10-year-old child in Ocala, Fla. Susan Lorincz, 58, was arrested on manslaughter and assault charges in Owens’s death, which sparked outrage and brought renewed attention to Florida’s controversial “stand your ground” law.

Owens's family has been calling for an arrest since Owens was shot and killed through Lorincz’s closed door on Friday. “Tonight was a pivotal moment,” Pamela Dias, Owens’s mother, said in a video message on Tuesday, adding that she is thankful to the community leaders for helping them reach “this victory.”

At a press conference Wednesday, Dias said she was grateful for an arrest but “very disappointed that it took four days."

"When is it OK in America to shoot someone behind a locked door?” she asked in a church filled with dozens of people chanting “Justice for AJ.” "Why did it have to take four days?"

According to Marion County Sheriff Billy Woods, Owens's children were playing outside near an Ocala apartment complex when Lorincz threw a pair of skates that hit one of the children.

After the incident, “[Owens] knocked on the door once. When there was no answer, she simply replied, ‘I know you hear me.’ There was no confrontation. At the time that was said, the shot rang,” Anthony Thomas, the family’s lawyer, said at a press conference Monday.

Woods initially said that Lorincz was not immediately arrested because of Florida's ‘stand your ground’ law. The statute allows an individual to use force against a person they believe puts them in imminent danger, and does not require the person facing harm to try to retreat.

According to authorities, Lorincz alleged that Owens tried to break down her door and that she acted in self-defense. Since 2021, Lorincz and Owens had contacted authorities at least six to eight times, in a series of ongoing disputes.

However, on Tuesday, Sheriff Woods, in a video message Tuesday evening, said the shooting was not justified under the “stand your ground” law, and described it as “simply a killing.” “The justice we have all been seeking has been served,” he said.

eeb4a2f3219e0b3440340c2724cbb319

In a press release, the family’s attorneys, Ben Crump and Anthony Thomas, called the delay in accountability unacceptable, asking, “What does it say when a person can shoot and kill an unarmed mother in the presence of her young children, and not be immediately taken into custody, questioned and charged?

Crump, the civil rights attorney, said at a press conference at noon Wednesday, said the family wants Lorincz charged to the “fullest extent of the law,” but went on to say more work must be done.

“We must eradicate laws like Stand Your Ground that only contribute to the lawlessness of our country and the disproportionate maiming and killing of people of color,” the press release said.

Owens's funeral will be held on Monday, June 12. The Rev. Al Sharpton is expected to deliver the eulogy.

‘Stand your ground’ law under more scrutiny

The “stand your ground” law has long been under scrutiny, after a number of high-profile shootings, most notably the 2012 death of Trayvon Martin, a 17-year old who was fatally shot after a trip to the convenience store by George Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer. Zimmerman claimed self-defense.

CONTINUED:
https://wwCONTINUED:w.aol.com/news/advocates-call-abolishing-stand-ground-192846785.html

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor

Advocates call for abolishing ‘stand your ground’ laws after Ajike Owens's death

4bf39aef59a0d489dd8916f77825d583

Stand your ground' back in spotlight after neighbor fatally shoots Ajike Owens through door Credit: GofundMe, Marion County Sheriff’s Office

Police made an arrest Tuesday in the fatal shooting of Ajike “AJ” Owens, a mother of four who died in front of her 10-year-old child in Ocala, Fla. Susan Lorincz, 58, was arrested on manslaughter and assault charges in Owens’s death, which sparked outrage and brought renewed attention to Florida’s controversial “stand your ground” law.

Owens's family has been calling for an arrest since Owens was shot and killed through Lorincz’s closed door on Friday. “Tonight was a pivotal moment,” Pamela Dias, Owens’s mother, said in a video message on Tuesday, adding that she is thankful to the community leaders for helping them reach “this victory.”

At a press conference Wednesday, Dias said she was grateful for an arrest but “very disappointed that it took four days."

"When is it OK in America to shoot someone behind a locked door?” she asked in a church filled with dozens of people chanting “Justice for AJ.” "Why did it have to take four days?"

According to Marion County Sheriff Billy Woods, Owens's children were playing outside near an Ocala apartment complex when Lorincz threw a pair of skates that hit one of the children.

After the incident, “[Owens] knocked on the door once. When there was no answer, she simply replied, ‘I know you hear me.’ There was no confrontation. At the time that was said, the shot rang,” Anthony Thomas, the family’s lawyer, said at a press conference Monday.

Woods initially said that Lorincz was not immediately arrested because of Florida's ‘stand your ground’ law. The statute allows an individual to use force against a person they believe puts them in imminent danger, and does not require the person facing harm to try to retreat.

According to authorities, Lorincz alleged that Owens tried to break down her door and that she acted in self-defense. Since 2021, Lorincz and Owens had contacted authorities at least six to eight times, in a series of ongoing disputes.

However, on Tuesday, Sheriff Woods, in a video message Tuesday evening, said the shooting was not justified under the “stand your ground” law, and described it as “simply a killing.” “The justice we have all been seeking has been served,” he said.

eeb4a2f3219e0b3440340c2724cbb319

In a press release, the family’s attorneys, Ben Crump and Anthony Thomas, called the delay in accountability unacceptable, asking, “What does it say when a person can shoot and kill an unarmed mother in the presence of her young children, and not be immediately taken into custody, questioned and charged?

Crump, the civil rights attorney, said at a press conference at noon Wednesday, said the family wants Lorincz charged to the “fullest extent of the law,” but went on to say more work must be done.

“We must eradicate laws like Stand Your Ground that only contribute to the lawlessness of our country and the disproportionate maiming and killing of people of color,” the press release said.

Owens's funeral will be held on Monday, June 12. The Rev. Al Sharpton is expected to deliver the eulogy.

‘Stand your ground’ law under more scrutiny

The “stand your ground” law has long been under scrutiny, after a number of high-profile shootings, most notably the 2012 death of Trayvon Martin, a 17-year old who was fatally shot after a trip to the convenience store by George Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer. Zimmerman claimed self-defense.

CONTINUED:
https://wwCONTINUED:w.aol.com/news/advocates-call-abolishing-stand-ground-192846785.html
I'm in Ohio. We have Stand Your Ground and Castle doctrine. Don't care what they do in Florida, but 'advocates' can kick rocks if they want to ban it up here. They actually tried to stop Ohio from getting these protections. Most these 'advocates' expect people to call 911 and hide under the bed. Ivory tower ass folks so disconnected from reality.

Cleveland is ranked one of the most dangerous places in the world. Cats popped daily and 'advocates' ain't got shit say about people who have to live around that shit. They never mention that more and more black folks are legally protecting themselves because pigs ain't shit.

This case here is unfortunate, but self-defense is even more important for legally armed black citizens. It ain't white folks dropping like flies across the U.S.

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member

The Justice Department better jump on this. I don't think black folks are gonna just let it slide like this.

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

This is bullshit.

But at the same time, if using the lesser charge gives them a better chance at conviction, that works for me. Because we've seen the cases where they go for the bigger charge and then can't get the conviction because of the "higher standard".

That said, the same fuckery that gets them out of the greater charge can also be applied to the lesser charge, so it's really a toss up.

Lexx Diamond

Art Lover ❤️ Sex Addict®™
Staff member
I've been mad for more than a year about that devil bitch not being behind bars. Just a few days ago I thought about the case. Thanks for the update. I still want a cap busted in her and her family members.