MLB Legend Pete Rose dead at 83

stroka69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
RIP...

I grew up as a fan of the Reds, and he was the heart and soul of the Big Red Machine in the '70s that won two championships.

Rest in Peace, Charley Hustle...

TeEdIzZeL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn shame. Now watch them let him in a few years down the road. He even said it out his own mouth though on his documentary that if they dont allow him in while he's alive then dont put him in once he passes cause he doesnt want it.

If you watch his doc, one thing about Pete is he was a habitual liar. Hahaha. He was lying all through his doc and they would keep catching him and then he'd switch the story. It wasnt until the very end of the doc that he quit the BS and started admitting to ish.

But I think if he would just told the truth initially or even years after the board was willing to meet with him again then all wouldve been forgiven but Pete just kept lying and then played victim in interviews or what not. Im a fan so I always believed his stats alone shouldve got him in, same with Bonds.

Last edited:

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Probably the greatest athlete to come out of Cincinnati.
Him or Oscar Robertson.
I'll save the argument for another day.
RIP Hit King.
Very good argument

IbdDu5.jpg

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Damn shame. Now watch them let him in a few years down the road. He even said it out his own mouth though on his documentary that if they dont allow him in while he's alive then dont put him in once he passes cause he doesnt want it.

If you watch his doc, one thing about Pete is he was a habitual liar. Hahaha. He was lying all through his doc and they would keep catching him and then he'd switch the story. It wasnt until the very end of the doc that he quit the BS and started admitting to ish.

But I think if he would just told the truth initially or even years after the board was willing to meet with him again then all wouldve been forgiven but Pete just kept lying and then played victim in interviews or what not. Im a fan so I always believed his stats alone shouldve got him in, same with Bonds.

He was a pedophile

He wasn't getting in

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
How is he a pedophile? Where you hear that at?

and apparently it was widely known....

Monday's filing by Dowd's attorneys also notes two journalists' references to Rose's relationships with young women -- in "Collision at Home Plate: The Lives of Pete Rose and Bart Giamatti" in 1991 by James Reston Jr., and in 2000 by USA Today's Jill Lieber Steeg in an ESPN SportsCentury documentary.

but people cared more about the gambling shit :dunno:

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

and apparently it was widely known....

Monday's filing by Dowd's attorneys also notes two journalists' references to Rose's relationships with young women -- in "Collision at Home Plate: The Lives of Pete Rose and Bart Giamatti" in 1991 by James Reston Jr., and in 2000 by USA Today's Jill Lieber Steeg in an ESPN SportsCentury documentary.

but people cared more about the gambling shit :dunno:
Dayum, thanks for the link, I didn't even know this.........he was the Jerry Lee Lewis of Baseball. Dayum......[sigh].....like you said @Complex fuk'em....then.

Mr. Met

So Amazin
BGOL Investor
I’m surprised @Dr. Truth isn’t up in her pouring out liquor.

I forgot he had a reality show with her as well which is disastrous for any family.

1-8660677482.jpg

1393791101050-AB-20130330-ENT-303300061-51.jpg

Rezn8

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Probably the greatest athlete to come out of Cincinnati.
Him or Oscar Robertson.
I'll save the argument for another day.
RIP Hit King.

You might mean Ken Griffey, Jr. Oscar is from Indianapolis. You could probably field a hell of an all-star baseball team made up solely of guys born and raised in Cincinnati: Rose, Griffey, Jr., Leon Durham, Barry Larkin, David Justice, Lance Johnson, Dave Parker, Paul O'Neill, and that's just off the top of my head. I know there's a lot more.