Money: Powerball Winner claims $310M, only $140M after taxes!

Louis Koo

Star
BGOL Investor
This is why I play $1 per $100 Million. That shit, as much as I would want it to happen, is extremely unlikely. And, with it being so unlikely, I'm not going to break myself to try. I see mofo's spending $250-500 when the jackpot gets big :smh:Not me. I get in with 2 co-workers and we drop $1 per 100 million. If we don't win we just bought burgers for lunch.

a few years ago, i read an article that had 2 main points:
1. the value of a lottery ticket is that half hour or so of planning out what you would do if you won (i.e entertainment value)
2. if you want to increase your odds per $1 spent, pool it with coworkers (i.e. statistics)

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
a few years ago, i read an article that had 2 main points:
1. the value of a lottery ticket is that half hour or so of planning out what you would do if you won (i.e entertainment value)
2. if you want to increase your odds per $1 spent, pool it with coworkers (i.e. statistics)

^^^^

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
What the entire fuck is this thread title. Only 140M .... only!!!!

If you buy a $2 lottery ticket and walk away with 140M after taxes .... you're winning!!!!

Only in America can someone win a free 140M and walk away feeling cheated over the 170M left on the table.

Fuck that 170M and fuck that table too well we're at it. That 320M is all mythological money and 20 years ain't promised. Tomorrow ain't promised.

Texas Catdaddy

the omnipotent one .....
Platinum Member

If you buy a $2 lottery ticket and walk away with 140M after taxes .... you're winning!!!!

Only in America can someone win a free 140M and walk away feeling cheated over the 170M left on the table.

Fuck that 170M and fuck that table too well we're at it. That 320M is all mythological money and 20 years ain't promised. Tomorrow ain't promised.
my nukka say fukk the table too ..... :roflmao:

Peacemaker213

Rising Star
Registered

Yeah, you've got point. In my younger years I might have said pay me over time but not now. There is nothing stopping the state from taxing the out years at a higher rate or coming up with some excuse why they can no longer meet the payment obligation. I'd rather take what I can get, pay off all bills then change my name, zip code and time zone. Shit, new ssn too.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

24-hour-web-exclusive-use-891888699.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

shot-us-sun-pics-video-870870908.jpg

f6fad868d7184d429611f18c52f9c55d_md.jpg

p5ych3

Curry Is My God
BGOL Patreon Investor
If the church wins a lottery do they get taxed

I assume gambling is against religion, but guess it would depends on who plays. I.e. buying the ticket in the churches name vs a paster or someone in a leadership role.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Yeah, bro, I bet that type of money is like liquid when you've been thirsty; however, it dries up quickly when you treat is like rain & Edwin makin' it rain.....

What sucks too is when your name is broadcast / published as the winner (of any big lotto draw).

Suddenly people come out of the woodwork, as expected.

And of course any good criminal knows how to work their Google searches & set plans in motion.

Best plan is to go and try and live remotely (with plenty of security). An odd combo, I know. But they will find you ...

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What sucks too is when your name is broadcast / published as the winner (of any big lotto draw).

Suddenly people come out of the woodwork, as expected.

And of course any good criminal knows how to work their Google searches & set plans in motion.

Best plan is to go and try and live remotely (with plenty of security). An odd combo, I know. But they will find you ...
Yeah, I agree. Hey, I think I would want to be anonymous. I best quiet money is the best money, some of my relatives wouldn't even know.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Incognegro.... it's going to be hard going to work and driving around town in a 100 large car that you didn't have last week.

nawlinsn931

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Tennessee Education Lottery Implementation Law, the Tennessee Education Lottery Corporation releases the name, home state, and hometown of winners if an eligible request is received for such information.

Ahhhhhh sheeeeeeit
Won’t have my name all over the place