Mora vs Mosley is on for Sept 18th

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Interesting how people are now saying Shane is old and shot when you are talking about high level fights now. Yet somehow when pbf fought him he was not old. How do you go from headlining against a p4p best and somehow not be worthy to headline a ppv? This fights funny cause dude's career as a high level fighter is over. This fights sucks because a great fighter has not realized he has been exposed as not being who he once was.

That's easy. Shane Mosley hasn't been a consistent ppv headliner EVER. He needs Floyd Mayweather or Manny Pacquiao (potentially)or Oscar De La Hoya for his ppv fights to draw any money.
I've never figured out this guy beat Oscar at Oscar's peak and got less return that two guys that beat an older Oscar. Good fighter, bad businessman.

I never demanded pbf to fight Shane. I always wanted to see PBF to move up in weight. I want manny and Shane to fight though.

That's true, you have, because I've pointed out that Mayweather has already moved up in weight to fight at welter in the first place and he's probably as big as he's going to get.

This will be an opportunity to see what Shane has left so in that, it's not a bad fight. But who the hell does HBO think is going to buy this fight? The least they could do is stack the hell out of the undercard, similar to the UFC fight this weekend.

merce77

Star
Registered
It's funny when you and everybody else was demanding that Floyd fight Shane Mosley instead of Pac, I was the only one pointing out that he was old. I said it first and everyone thought I was crazy... Don't you remember back when you complained that Floyd wasn't fighting any real welters weights. Niggas was all hyped that Shane beat Margarito's ass, but I said if Floyd beats Shane convincingly everybody would jump on the "Shane's old bandwagon".... welcome aboard:lol::lol::lol::lol:.

Then in the months before the fight... I was the main one pointing out that Shane lost a step and that he beat Margarito cause Margarito is ass, but niggas wanted to hold on to hype about Margarito being one of the most dangerous fighters.... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Not true, I'd been saying that Shane was old as well. Only I'd been wanting to see PBF fight Shane for a while and didn't care whether Shane was old or not. PBF needed that fight for his resume, even if Shane was old and it was quite likely that PBF would beat him, Shane was still coming off an impressive performance, against a bum but still. Now PBF has to fight Manny, then he can pretty much call it quits, since there is no one else really for him to fight at welter, and him going over 147 is really stretching it, and I STILL think he can beat everyone at 154 even if he comes in weighing 150 max.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Not true, I'd been saying that Shane was old as well. Only I'd been wanting to see PBF fight Shane for a while and didn't care whether Shane was old or not. PBF needed that fight for his resume, even if Shane was old and it was quite likely that PBF would beat him, Shane was still coming off an impressive performance, against a bum but still. Now PBF has to fight Manny, then he can pretty much call it quits, since there is no one else really for him to fight at welter, and him going over 147 is really stretching it, and I STILL think he can beat everyone at 154 even if he comes in weighing 150 max.

Maybe, the only real threat would be Martinez since Williams and Cotto's weaknesses are so glaring.

You did call Shane old too.

merce77

Star
Registered
Maybe, the only real threat would be Martinez since Williams and Cotto's weaknesses are so glaring.

You did call Shane old too.

Martinez is a Pac-like fighter who is much more of a thinker in the ring than Pac. I won't sleep on any fighter because styles can often trump skills but I'd have to agree about Williams and Cotto. Just read some shit on ESPN talking about how Shane has his eyes set on Martinez after Mora and is still calling out Pacquiao. Even if he's shot, at least he's willing to do shit that it seems Floyd is unwilling to do. Damm if only Floyd were more Shane-like in his willingness to fight certain guys, wouldn't be any question marks surrounding him. Oh and this from Boxingscene......

By Ronnie Nathanielsz

Top Rank promoter Bob Arum says that in fairness to Floyd Mayweather Jr “he was never on board” when the people who represented him were in talks with HBO Sports president Ross Greenburg.

Arum told BoxingScene.com “what happened was these people that were talking with HBO, Mayweather was never on board. He never really wanted to do this fight (against Manny Pacquiao) this year if ever.”

Arum disclosed that promoter Don King called him and they spent the whole time laughing “because the thing is so preposterous and King said he didn’t know whether he would have him (Mayweather) or not.”

King reportedly told Arum “Believe me if I end up with him you and I will make a deal in maybe two hours” to which Arum responded by saying “maybe it will take a weekend but we’ll make a deal.”

Tim Smith of the Daily News reported earlier that Mayweather who has been on vacation since beating Shane Mosley last May 1 “didn’t participate in or even acknowledge negotiations” for a proposed fight against Manny Pacquiao on November 13 and indicated that “his cozying up to King is an indication that he’s not too happy with Golden Boy Promotions or his advisers Al Haymon and Leonard Ellerbe.”

Smith who is an admirer of Mayweather Jr said King had told him that he and Mayweather had been “hanging out (in Florida)to see what happens” even as he indicated that had been “talking about his (Mayweather’s) future and where he wants to go and what he wants to do. Right now he’s not sure what he wants to do.”

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Sounds like Floyd's angling for a better deal with Golden Boy for this last run.

You see King talking he doesn't know if he wants him?:lol: Like he's got anything better or even close.

The Arum part is negligable except where he talks to King. Those two are always interesting, even if almost always dishonest.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Martinez is a Pac-like fighter who is much more of a thinker in the ring than Pac. I won't sleep on any fighter because styles can often trump skills but I'd have to agree about Williams and Cotto. Just read some shit on ESPN talking about how Shane has his eyes set on Martinez after Mora and is still calling out Pacquiao. Even if he's shot, at least he's willing to do shit that it seems Floyd is unwilling to do. Damm if only Floyd were more Shane-like in his willingness to fight certain guys, wouldn't be any question marks surrounding him. Oh and this from Boxingscene......

He might be old now but Shane's always been about making fights even when there was no big money in it (Winky, Forrest).
At this stage though, it comes off as a thirsty old guy trying to get that money while he can.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
I never demanded pbf to fight Shane. I always wanted to see PBF to move up in weight. I want manny and Shane to fight though.

As I recall you wanted Floyd to prove himself against welters, then you were bored with his fights and then it became Floyd needs to move up.

Also it was sprinkled with some "Floyd should have fought Margarito" and "all the fighters should be on steroids"

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered

oh word I don't remember it.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
He might be old now but Shane's always been about making fights even when there was no big money in it (Winky, Forrest).
At this stage though, it comes off as a thirsty old guy trying to get that money while he can.

Shane wanted to prove something, but there were times when he should been more calculated in his moves.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
As I recall you wanted Floyd to prove himself against welters, then you were bored with his fights and then it became Floyd needs to move up.

Also it was sprinkled with some "Floyd should have fought Margarito" and "all the fighters should be on steroids"

Don't remember. Show it. When Cotto and Antonio were on top I felt he should have fought them. I always feel a fighter should try to unify belts.

But my main thing is he should be looking for challenges and all of those are at 154 and up.

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
Mosley To Target Sergio Martinez, Eyes Pacquiao at 160

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=29832

By Lem Satterfield

"Sugar" Shane Mosley has a plan to bring Manny Pacquiao to the table. But first, Mosley returns on September 18 on HBO pay-per-view against fellow former champion Sergio Mora. The Staples Center event will revolve around the celebration of Mexican Independece Day.

WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao will attempt to win a title in his eight weight division when he faces Antonio Margarito on November 13 for the vacant WBC junior middleweight belt.

Provided Mosley beats Mora, he plans to explore the possibility of heading north to challenge WBC middleweight champion Sergio Martinez. If Mosley manages to get past Martinez, he wants to lure Pacquiao to the table by offering him the opportunity to win a title in a ninth weight division.

"Sergio Mora is a tough fight because he beat Vernon Forrest. So, he's a durable fighter and he's bigger than me. So I figured that I'll fight him, and then, maybe, go and fight Sergio Martinez next. I mean, hey, Manny Pacquiao might get past Antonio Margarito. And maybe I can fight Manny Pacquiao after that at 160," Mosley said. :roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2:

'--------------------------------------------

Shane is really sounding stupid lately!?!?!? I guess after he fights Manny at 160?! The Klitschko(sp) Brothers might want him at a catchweight of 190! Dude is also trying to rationalize the fight with Mora? Basically, what Dave said is the truth, after the Floyd ass whipping I expect Shane to get more desperate and thirsty, and I suspect a career which even though he took is fair share if L's, is gonna be tarnished by him holding on too long, taking bullshit fights for paydays, and eventually getting his ass kicked again! :smh:

merce77

Star
Registered

By Lem Satterfield

"Sugar" Shane Mosley has a plan to bring Manny Pacquiao to the table. But first, Mosley returns on September 18 on HBO pay-per-view against fellow former champion Sergio Mora. The Staples Center event will revolve around the celebration of Mexican Independece Day.

WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao will attempt to win a title in his eight weight division when he faces Antonio Margarito on November 13 for the vacant WBC junior middleweight belt.

Provided Mosley beats Mora, he plans to explore the possibility of heading north to challenge WBC middleweight champion Sergio Martinez. If Mosley manages to get past Martinez, he wants to lure Pacquiao to the table by offering him the opportunity to win a title in a ninth weight division.

"Sergio Mora is a tough fight because he beat Vernon Forrest. So, he's a durable fighter and he's bigger than me. So I figured that I'll fight him, and then, maybe, go and fight Sergio Martinez next. I mean, hey, Manny Pacquiao might get past Antonio Margarito. And maybe I can fight Manny Pacquiao after that at 160," Mosley said. :roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2:

Shane is really sounding stupid lately!?!?!? I guess after he fights Manny at 160?! The Klitschko(sp) Brothers might want him at a catchweight of 190! Dude is also trying to rationalize the fight with Mora? Basically, what Dave said is the truth, after the Floyd ass whipping I expect Shane to get more desperate and thirsty, and I suspect a career which even though he took is fair share if L's, is gonna be tarnished by him holding on too long, taking bullshit fights for paydays, and eventually getting his ass kicked again! :smh:

160 actually means 155 to Pac, it's not as crazy or stupid plan after all, maybe.:dunno:

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered

By Lem Satterfield

Shane's buggin':eek:

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Don't remember. Show it. When Cotto and Antonio were on top I felt he should have fought them. I always feel a fighter should try to unify belts.

But my main thing is he should be looking for challenges and all of those are at 154 and up.

Nigga I don't give a fuck that much to dig through the BS. Unify belts for what? All they'll do is create more.

Floyd should fight Margarito next:rolleyes:

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Man this shit is off the wall and crazy as hell!!! There's no way in hell Manny is going to go up 10-15 more pounds.... to Fight Shane's non Drawing Ass?!?!?!? :smh:

For real!! :lol:

Shane isn't even worth Pac fighting until Shane proves he isn't done and beating Mora doesn't cut it. It's funny how all these niggas act like they are the main attraction when they talk about Manny and Floyd.

I wonder if Shane just went blank on the whole looking like shit against Floyd thing.

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
Shane isn't even worth Pac fighting until Shane proves he isn't done and beating Mora doesn't cut it. It's funny how all these niggas act like they are the main attraction when they talk about Manny and Floyd.

I wonder if Shane just went blank on the whole looking like shit against Floyd thing.

Werd!!! That Dude is in MAD denial!!!! :lol::lol: Acting like he just beat Oscar or some shit! Thing is, Manny would get SERIOUSLY clowned for fighting Shane now, especially after how Floyd whipped that ass!!! Shane is going to go down fighting, but he is fastly approaching gate keeper status, especially if he can't beat Mora!!! No benefit to beating Shane at this point, unless you dominate him worse than Floyd did...

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Werd!!! That Dude is in MAD denial!!!! :lol::lol: Acting like he just beat Oscar or some shit! Thing is, Manny would get SERIOUSLY clowned for fighting Shane now, especially after how Floyd whipped that ass!!! Shane is going to go down fighting, but he is fastly approaching gate keeper status, especially if he can't beat Mora!!! No benefit to beating Shane at this point, unless you dominate him worse than Floyd did...

Manny won't get Clowned.... He is fighting Margarito and most motherfuckers don't care. Shane>>>>>>>Margarito

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Nigga I don't give a fuck that much to dig through the BS. Unify belts for what? All they'll do is create more.

Floyd should fight Margarito next:rolleyes:

Unifying belts has been meaningless for a while except for guys trying to get some attention. Ricky Hatton, Juan Manuel Marquez, Floyd Mayweather, Manny Pacquiao are all attractive fights based on their star power while Andre Berto has a belt but isn't any type of draw.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
Unifying belts has been meaningless for a while except for guys trying to get some attention. Ricky Hatton, Juan Manuel Marquez, Floyd Mayweather, Manny Pacquiao are all attractive fights based on their star power while Andre Berto has a belt but isn't any type of draw.

Unifying belts means you beat champions, not just contenders.

tp2001

Star
Registered
Yep. While I admire his fighting Forrest and Wright, the rematches were horrible ideas.

Word....Shane definitely did not have to give either one of them a shot, but he did it anyway...Some say that if he didn't give Winky a shot at his belts, then Wink may have never gotten a chance (esp. since the Vargas scenario)...After that, I think he just exercised rematch clauses...

Alaskanredman said:
champions like Baldomir.... nigga get the fuck outta here with that. Bums get belts all the time.

:lol:

Cory Spinks pretty much falls in the line with what UD said...Got all them belts and what did that get him?

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Word....Shane definitely did not have to give either one of them a shot, but he did it anyway...Some say that if he didn't give Winky a shot at his belts, then Wink may have never gotten a chance (esp. since the Vargas scenario)...After that, I think he just exercised rematch clauses...

:lol:

Cory Spinks pretty much falls in the line with what UD said...Got all them belts and what did that get him?

Shane doesn't even know his limitations... that's why he jumped into those rematches. He probably thinks he has a chance against Floyd in a rematch.

The Belts and championships are meaningless because the sanctioning bodies let greed fuck up principle. Even now, look at this bullshit... Manny and Margarito are fighting for a belt that neither have earned and not even under the weight limits for the belt. It is complete bullshit that further makes the belts pointless, but people still buy into the fuckery like it is still legitimate.

Last edited:

tp2001

Star
Registered
The Belts and championships are meaningless because the sanctioning bodies let greed fuck up principle. Even now, look at this bullshit... Manny and Margarito are fighting for a belt that neither have earned and not even under the weight limits for the belt. It is complete bullshit that further makes the belts pointless, but people still buy into the fuckery like it is still legitimate.

Looks like Manny falls into the lines of how meaningless some belts are in recent times...Remember the belt that was created for the Cotto-Pac fight?

Not to mention the fact that the WBA has made two belts in various divisions (regular and super champ...wtf is that?)

squispems

wannabe star
Registered
I believe that mayweather is faster than mosley. However, mosley does have more punching power and isnt what you would consider as a slow fighter either. Hes kind of quick. Mosley may be older but he has a good defense just like mayweather. If mosley gets mayweather on the ropes, its all over for mayweather ko. If he doesnt I see mayweather losing by points. This is what i think.

merce77

Star
Registered
I believe that mayweather is faster than mosley. However, mosley does have more punching power and isnt what you would consider as a slow fighter either. Hes kind of quick. Mosley may be older but he has a good defense just like mayweather. If mosley gets mayweather on the ropes, its all over for mayweather ko. If he doesnt I see mayweather losing by points. This is what i think.

huh.gif

That's right up there with George Foreman ko'ing Cotto. You can't buy comedy like this.:lol:

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered

huh.jpg

catalina74

Star
Registered
Photo: Five-time world champ “Sugar” Shane Mosley and former champ Sergio Mora pose off at a press conference held today at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. On Sept. 18, the two will headline a Mexican Independence Day card at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. Mexican welterweight Saul “Canelo” Alvarez and top junior welterweight contender Victor Ortiz will fight co-featured bouts. Stay tuned for a full report on Monday.

whos next... holyfield. aint nobody tryin to see shane washed up ass.:smh::smh::smh:

merce77

Star
Registered
whos next... holyfield. aint nobody tryin to see shane washed up ass.:smh::smh::smh:

Yeah, Holyfield actually is next. But then again, out of the crop of young guys, who's actually shinin' right now? It's the dudes 30 and up who are holding it down.